“A family hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 225 Hotels in Bandung
London, United Kingdom
“A family hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

An excellent hotel for families. Having only 1 restaurant means parents can eat in peace as they don't have to worry about keeping an eye on the children as they run free during dining
Check in welcomes you with a sweet drink and once you are processed you are advised to take a seat in the lobby, they do not want to upset you by saying for an hour. Once you do make it to your room and realise you have been given the wrong room changing it is no problem at all.
This is quite the boutique hotel where style is all, so the slate floored corridors act as an excellent acoustic aid to noise which reverberates thru the room.
We had booked a top end room which meant you had a butler service, it was nice to be woken at 8 am to be told breakfast was from 7-10.30 am and woken again 30 minutes later to be told the same thing. As we had left the do not disturb sign on the door due to a late night, with due consideration the hotel waited until these calls had been made before the workman started drilling. A must for geriatric hikers as the trail outbound walk from the hotel is around 300 metres before it ends and you have to return.
The service is good natured our request for the staff to clean the bathroom properly was met with a smile. They are very eco conscious here and do not oversupply guests with towels. In fact room service for two with two meals will see you in possession of one serviette.
Staff very nice as they are all over Indonesia

Room Tip: The lower the floor the less the noise
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nandang_Suryana, General Manager at Padma Hotel Bandung, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Amanda S,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are delighted to know that you liked the Hotel, facilities and the services.

I've noted that you encountered few let down services during your stay. I've personally reviewed all of the issues you've mentioned with the department heads concerned to ensure that the same things will not happen again in the future

On behalf of Padma Hotel Bandung, we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for another stay in the future

With best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

Me and my wife stayed at Padma Hotel for honeymoon.

We touched down at Bandung Airport late due to time zone difference. The driver didnt show any sign of frustration for waiting for us for 2 hours. He greeted us with a pleasant smile.

When we reached the hotel, again we were greeted with a pleasant smile.

The front desk lady speak our accent when she realised that we are Singaporean Malay. We felt it was easier to communicate.

The food, service, environment was excellent. It fits all. For family, honeymoon and business. An ideal location away from the city yet only 1 hour drive to shopping and great food outside the hotel. Even though the traffic jam is the killer but the hotel drivers knows their way.

Mr Daniel was our driver and he was very reliable. He knows where are the good food.. best exchange rates.. shopping spots. And he was very honest and sincere.

One staff that stand out during our stay in Padma Hotel was this intern kid, Dzulfiqar. He was very polite and hardworking. He delivered great service to make our stay pleasant, in and out of uniform.

For the Muslims, Friday prayers is located at the basement.

They also have karaoke first come first serve basis and its free:)

Overall, Padma Hotel is a great place to stay. Dont take my word for it. Be there and experience it yourself:)

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Budimberlake
Dear Budimberlake,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung.

Thank you for your compliments on our food, service, environment and hotel location. I’m glad that the Padma Bandung has lived up your expectations. Our guests’ satisfaction is our top priority, and we always strive to fulfill their requests whenever possible.

I have shared your kind comments to our staff, Daniel and Dzulfiqar who were equally delighted to hear them.

On behalf of all staff here, I look forward to welcoming you back and to enjoy another wonderful experience with us

Best regards,
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

I enjoyed staying @ this hotel, with beatiful panoramic view of valey, you can enjoy your delicious breakfast/lunch.

The room is clean and convinience, with good service and free wifi :)

Location is far away from noises, it's good for honeymoon too! :)

But I think will stay for 2 day only with my child, becouse they get bored soon.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank martin_adjat
Dear Martin Adjat,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

It’s such a pleasure to know that you’ve had such a lovely time at our hotel, enjoying our Hotel facilities and our hospitality.

I am pleased to inform you that for children activities we have children playground and the children pool also we have a lot of children activities including horse riding during the weekend and public holiday

Bandung
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Earlier this year i was planning on celebrating our 4th wedding anniversary and also my husband's 38th birthday. Since both me and my husband has a very busy schedule, i planned a weekend getaway surprise for him.
After looking st several hotel, i fell in love immediately with Padma, due to it's location (which away from all the hustle bustle of the city, which exactly what i was looking for), and the very nice ambience it has to offer.
Since i'm not exactly a very creative person, during my initial booking, i asked the reception for someone who can help me arrange the surprise. I wanted an in-room candlelight dinner, and some nice romantic decor for the bedroom.
They introduced me to their butler, a Mr. Fadly. He was extraordinarily helpful. I must agree with the other reviewer who said that "nothing was impossible during our stay in Padma". Mr. Fadly totally, and i mean totally accomodate to my every whim. He arranged a very beautiful dinner for us by the huge panoramic window overlooking the forest, spread flower petals all over the bed, he even made a pair of swan using the bath towel, and lit some aromatherapy candles. Everything was lovely, even after we got there like 2 hours late, nothing went wrong. Felt like our honeymoon all over again.
So all in all, thank you for a great night to remember, Padma Hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Dcarollina,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

Thank you for your valuable feedback and for taking the time to write a comment of your experience with us on Trip Advisor

I am glad to know that you had an enjoyable stay with all the facilities and the services provided during your stay in our hotel and that you were satisfied with the services rendered from our associate Fadly.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed in Padma Hotel for 3 night with my 3 friends last week.
What I can said about the hotel is super "FANTASTIC". I love their staffs as they have smiling & friendly face all the day.
As we are first time visit Bandung, they assist us to plan where to go and advise us where not to go for the whole trip.
With their excelence service and the super star hotel facility, me and my friends really have A Great Times there.
I love to share this to all my friends and planning to visit Bandung & definitely is the first choice hotel for my next visit in Feb 2013 again.

Room Tip: Any corner will do.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear AngelaTay1958

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am happy to learn that you have had an enjoyable stay and that we contributed, to making your experience at Padma Hotel Bandung a pleasant and memorable one.

We do hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future

Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

Padma Bandung is me and my wife's #1 favorite weekend getaway. Amazing setting - overlooking hilly jungle, yet close to all the things that Bandung has to offer. The architecture of the hotel is also breath-taking. Seamlessly blending into the environment. Its like experiencing Frank Lloyd Wright's mini work in Indonesia.

We go to Bandung because of Padma Hotel. Bandung is just a bonus that comes with the hotel.

For us, this is the ONLY place to stay in Bandung. A must for guests visiting from overseas!

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking with the balcony the hill, and away from the swimming pool. If you want to sp...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Anthony A,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

Thank you for your compliments on the hotel architecture, environment and location. I’m glad that the Padma Bandung has lived up your expectations. Our guests’ satisfaction is our top priority, and we always strive to fulfill their requests whenever possible.

Best regards,
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Two thumbs up for padma hotel bandung.. there's nothing impossible during ours stay in padma.
the room is very clean and spacious with great mountain view and fresh air.
The pool is great and outbound with flying fox is also good, (but please provide light snack for accompany our activities).
In my previous time I used to come for meetings and it was superb because they have green view in front of the meeting room and therefore you never feel bored. Nice meeting room with good service, cleanliness are well maintained and diverse coffee break menu every day.
And for the dinner, I would like to say thousand thanks to andrea who arrange our dinner and also for wine and food suggestion, with selected wine from australia, all arranged by him (good job Andre).
All restaurant staffs are very helpful and friendly. Last word, amazing! There's nothing more I can say. It’s very recomended and I promise someday I’ll be back! Thank you padma, and many thanks for andrea & firdaus. Nice to see you..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Mita_cleo,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

I have shared your kind comments to our staff, Andrea and Firdaus who were equally delighted to hear them.