“Resort air, resort hospitality!”

Padma Hotel Bandung
Ranked #2 of 228 Hotels in Bandung
Singapore, Singapore
“Resort air, resort hospitality!”
Reviewed March 17, 2012

The Padma Hotel is 30 minutes away from Bandung airport (non-peak hour traffic jam factored in) but twith transfers included in the hotel rate, the exit and return to the airport was a piece of cake. The hotel is as pretty as the pictures show - both where it is sited (against the side of one of the hills that Bandung city is cradled within), as well as its rooms. We opted for the premier double rooms in the new wing as these rooms have bath-tubs whereas the standard ones have only shower cabins - for an additional sgd$27 a night at hotels.com. The hotel is about a 10 minutes by car from the hustle and bustle of Bandung city. We were quoted 35 000 Indonesian Rupiah by taxi for this one trip but went with a daily car rental (12 hours with driver) that we got from other tripadvisors' reviewers for 400 000 IDR in a roomy SUV for the 4 of us.

You enter the hotel on level 1 which is where reception, an open lounge area as well as the restaurants are, and the rooms are spread out over the 7 floors below this! Therefore, our room, Rm 224 was more spacious (than the standard room size) though being one floor below the restaurant meant those who retire early for the night may find it ever so slightly noisy as there is a piano just above in one of the restaurants though thankfully it is not right by the window. For the 3 nights from a Tuesday that we were there, we were not disturbed even though we were back in our room from about 11pm. My one gripe with the hotel is the soft pillows... Both my husband and I felt they were way too soft. Also, free wifi was available in the public areas so on occasion, we could get connection from our room but for reliability, it's best to bring ones own cables for land connection available in the rooms free of charge of course.

The hotel is fully booked for wedding receptions by the poolside every weekend for the rest of the year at any one time apparently... Our room faced the open-air swimming pool (on either the 4th or 5th level) whereas my parents who travelled with my husband and I stayed in Rm 225 across from ours so their room looked out onto beautiful foliage totally - which meant they were not hit by the afternoon sun nor the heat of the morning sun which was what we got! However, the evenings were nicely cool - around 24 degrees celsius so it was most pleasant! As it gets dark from around 6.15pm, it's best to get to any of quite a number of hillside alfresco restaurants by 5.45pm so one may enjoy the scenery of the mountain ranges and before the pinpricks of lights start to appear all over Bandung city.

The breakfast buffet and service at the Padma were truly as wonderful as most reviewers have pointed out time and again. Both restaurant servers and hotel staff had ready smiles and were ever so helpful. At breakfasts, even though we could easily help ourselves to a wide range of both asian and western options including cheeses and even exotic flavours of ice-cream like jackfruit, we were served the freshest and the hottest of omelettes and pancakes and so on! The hotel also serves an afternoon buffet tea between 3 and 5pm to hotel guests free of charge. We learnt about lots of Indonesian as well as Sundanese desserts and sweetmeats as a result. The spread also included more typical tea items like sandwiches, doughnuts and also a chocolate fondue.

I would like to give special thanks to Ludy and Andhika at the Front Office of the Padma for going the extra mile so that my husband and parents and I had wonderful tours of Bandung and outlying areas; for conveying to the rental car drivers our needs and destinations so that we could get to our preferred factory outlets and procuring of local produce such as Indonesian coffees, locally grown groundnuts, Bandung's wonderful avocados and so on ... given our sparing grasp of the local Sundanese or Indonesian languages. Hatur nuhun and terima kasih to both of you! We certainly hope to return both to enjoy Bandung and Padma hospitality!

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms face north and east and have pool views; odd numbered rooms face south and west...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Serenet
Nandang_Suryana, General Manager at Padma Hotel Bandung, responded to this review, March 28, 2012
Dear Serenet,

Warm Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

Thank you for taking some of your precious time to share your exceptional and indigenous experience with Padma Hotel Bandung at TripAdvisor.

It’s such a pleasure to know that you’ve had such a lovely time at our hotel, enjoying our Hotel facilities and our hospitality. We are also delighted that you particularly satisfied with the services rendered from our associate Ludy and Andhika

However, I’m very much concerned with your highlights about soft pillow and wifi connections. During the period of your stay, we were in the middle of improving our pillows to the firmer ones and now, all of our pillows have been changed to firm pillows. On top of it, we’re also providing selection of Pillows Menu for the guests’ comfort. In reference to your remark about wifi connection, I’d like to inform you that effectively 1st of April 2012, wifi connection will be available in all hotel areas including rooms

I am pleased to inform you that effective immediately the wedding parties are not allowed to use pool deck as a venue, except 2 (two) more wedding events out of 32 wedding events which had been confirmed 1 – 2 years ago (they will be held on June 30, 2012 and October 20, 2012).

The team and I look forward to serving you and your family again in the near future.

Best regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Jakarta
Reviewed March 10, 2012

I went with 4 rooms this weekend with my fam, 2 deluxe and 2 premier. I feel deluxe is more relaxing due to wooden floors and furnitures, premier is somewhat minimalist modern but lacks of "feel". Bathroom, while deluxe has no bath tub as premier has, I still value deluxe has higher natural-smart design. I stay in premier and the view outside my windows is thrilling. You will see the downsloped-hill beneath your feet, and the jungled hill in front of your eyes, those are inviting your mind to a remarkable nature. My kids love swimming so we swim at 6am and a very nice pool too. The pool and jacuzzi located in 8th floor with direct undisturbed panoramic to the hill...... It's just awesome!! Didn't I tell that their floor level is NOT going UP but going DOWN? Their hotel landscape follows the hills slope. Jacuzzi is too hot for me unfortunately. Then we re having a flying fox, football, horse ride at 2 bucks, and a programmed hill tracking for 45 minutes for free. And the bfast..... One of the most delicious and full traditional and western bfast package, my fam loves it. It was 11 noon and i need to preps for my checkout but my kid still asked for more swim and I could not be against him as I also feel the same due to very nice pool and the view to the hill. And, the staff is very warm to everyone.... Net net, I am very satisfied staying in this hotel and I would recommend this hotel very much to everyone.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Viska V
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 5, 2012

First it started off as chedi bandung , then malya bandung . My family and i were very familiar with this hotel for years . We had always visited this hotel in bandung because of the top notch service given by the staff and the location of the place is full of peace and tranquilty .
And came padma bandung , it was our first visit to the newly renovated hotel . New surroundings and also new staff . We met this lovely guy name , Aji . He was our butler . Not an ordinary butler i must say as he goes extra miles in giving out the best for his customer . I was very appaled and satisfied of his service . He showed us the different sight of bandung . So if you guys were to go there , look out for him ! Other aspects of the hotel , eg , the breakfast was perfect too . It was a 5 star standard which you get . there is a variety of local delights and internationl choices too . The rooms were amazing , i would suggest people to get a room which overlooks the moutain view . The feeling is refreshing every morning when you look towards the mountain in the morning .

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank AryDeandre
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I love this hotel! Surprisingly excellent service, food is great, location? It's only a few minutes away from the center of Bandung! Rooms are very clean, nice view, toilets are very nice. Beds are very soft and warm.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank jihoonim20
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed February 29, 2012

2 days get relaxing at padma hotel bandung.....like relaxing at home with amazing ambience , delicious food and just press one button from phone " O " our expetation and our need accomodate with great and amazing service from ludy and his team....butler arrange and provide anything with quick and extraordinary result...good job for ludy and his team.
my wife says like hollywood celebs holiday at padma hotel because she have assistance and caring her with heart not with how much you give a tip.......all of you must try butler service and off course must meet ludy...... most polite and pleasant person at padma..... i advised to be concern about cigarette smoke deffect at room specialy hillside.

Room Tip: galleri suite
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I stayed for two nights with my family, my first impression is the hotel has the best view in Bandung Area. The service and food is good with reasonable price. Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2012
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
Reviewed February 20, 2012

The Padma Hotel Bandung has been like a family to us. We have been here for several times during our short break from Jakarta with our family. Although the location is a bit hidden behind the bustling and sometimes congested traffic of the main road of Bandung, our family always find peace and tranquility within the surroundings of the hotel. It also has one of the most stunning views, facing a vast greenery landscape. Do try to relax on its hot tub jacuzzi while enjoying the view to the valley, what a splendid mind rejuvenation it would be.
The room was excellent and in good condition. Everything is well maintained and well-kept. We stayed at the Presidential Suite which accommodated our big family with 2 boys and 2 babies. The room is spacious with nice bathroom. The main room faced directly to the greenery, whilst the bathroom faces the pool.
The butler service is also another additional positive aspect of this hotel (head butler is Mr Ludi). Friendly staffs are always readily available to meet your expectations, although I must say that during the holiday peak-season, ordering a room service can be a bit delayed. But this does not ruin the overall excellent service.
The restaurant is also another place with stunning views. With complimentary tea during afternoon tea time, you can relax accompanied with biscuits and a cup of hot tea whilst enjoying the breeze cold air and the stunning view.
Parking space is perhaps rather lacking, especially during holiday peak-season. I f you come back a bit late at night, you may have to go down the parking building next to the hotel which can be quite crowded.

Again, although the location is quite isolated, but it is accessible easily through Ciumbeluit road and from here you can go directly southward to Cihampelas, Setiabudi area within a short distance.

Room Tip: Rooms on the new developed wing are better off than the old ones. I also get much assistance from th...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family