“Service beyond expectations”

Padma Hotel Bandung
Ranked #1 of 231 Hotels in Bandung
Reviewed April 21, 2011

My family and I had the privilege of staying at the Padma Bandung for 3 nights.
The hotel is situated on the outskirts of town but is not an issue. The positive tradeoff is that the hotel sits and faces a natural unspolit forest which is what you see in their website except that it's more beautiful if you are physically there.

On arrival, we were warmly greeted by the butler service staff. This was a good start.
He gudied us to resturant where tea and local snacks were served. The view and
weather was magnificent.

Throughout our stay, we observed that the staff were highly motivated and they go out
of their way to make your stay more comfortable.

One incident worth mentioning is that one of the butlers (Aji) took us for a visit to the hotspring after his hotel duties. Nothing much except that his shift completes at 11pm.
By the time we returned it was almost 3 am.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel who are there for a holiday so that you can
enjoy the sights and hospitality of the hotel. We are already making plans for a return
trip.

Lawrence Tan, Singapore

Room Tip: Unspoilt and natural view of the forest
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed April 9, 2011

Stayed 1 night on 8 April 2011 at Premier Room (room 228). Location is not too hard to find. Mountain and valley scenery all around. Love it!

Hotel lobby with fireplace and big windows overseeing the lush hill. Open air restaurant, the scenery is amazing. The website photos are pretty much what you see in the hotel itself.

Highly recommended the Premier Room. Would love to stay in the Hillside Studio next time. Avoid the 2nd floor as it is right below the restaurant. Can hear chairs / tables being moved. Used the spa during my stay. Amazing!

Agree with one of the reviews that the meeting rooms are located on the same floor with the swimming pool. Plenty of corporate meetings during weekdays. Can be annoying because the meeting room coffee break area is facing the pool.

Overall, recommended for a weekend getaway....

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 7, 2011

We stayed in the Gallery Suite, the room is perfect with the beautiful bathroom and so spacious for the family. So much food selection on the breakfast items for the kids. Pool is awesome, staff was welcome and friendly. Great afternoon tea experience. My wife had a great time at the spa and this trip is a great getaway, its one of our favorite stay in Asia, since this promotion from HSBC is still on we coming back next months.

Room Tip: pool view is a must....its an icon and its amazing
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2011

I booked the hotel because of the lovely pictures i saw on the official site. It was exactly how i pictured it to be. We upgraded our rooms when we arrive. The premier room was a real bargain. Beautiful view. Very comfortable beds. Super friendly staff. You just gotta go and experience this yourself.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Haneyz
Reviewed March 8, 2011

Great stays ever (in bandung), with good service from the team especially during the afternoon tea time..altho it's almost reach the cut off time for hi-tea, they still give their best service with notification that the time was alomost up, they offer me if me and my family needs anything elase from them or not..capuccino was free and a lot of traditional snacks!..Breakfast is superb..especially on the traditional food (Nasi Kuning--two thumbs up!!)..even my kiddos (4 yrs & 2 yrs) was crying when I asked them to finish their bathing-vaganza in the swimming pool..( 3 pools..1 half size olympic size; 1 kid pool and 1 jacuzy) up till now, they keep the good memory on the pool experience..will definitely back!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank fieblack
Reviewed February 6, 2011

this hotel is situated outside Bandung centre with a wonderful view over the mountains. I have been to this hotel on several occassions from 1999 on. The name of the Hotel has changed twice from Chedi to Malya to Padma.
The hotel has a chique atmosphere and staff is very friendly. I can recommend the chef's icecream (in the morning!) and sitting in the restaurant overlooking the hills.
My children had the holiday of their live with the nice staff.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank joost63
Reviewed February 2, 2011

I stayed at Padma Hotel to have a quick refreshing getaway from Jakarta with my spouse, we read the reviews, checked the website and honestly we were smitten. especially with the suite and the hillside studio. Since we are only able to spare two days (one night) we decided to book the hillside studio.

Upon driving to the hotel we were surprised that it is quite very near from the tollroad exit - and thus I was a bit bewildered how someplace so green can be so near to the main road access.

The room was nice and clean, just like in the picture with a ceiling to floor glass. HOWEVER when we stayed there (it was a weekday) the place was full of government people having conference/ business meetings and since the place is apparently small and quite packed in terms of design, the people from the meeting room can see to the inside of our room with almost no effort!!! and at the end of the day since we want out privacy we have to draw our curtains down, which is quite a loss since we were dying for the green view.

in the morning, we were thinking of swimming but when we got down to the pool, we found out that there's a coffee break room right beside it. and nobody is inside the pool, of course then we decided not to swim because we would be watched by bored executives who wanted a coffee break.

also, when we stayed there, the hotel was having some kind of renovation and so it was quite noisy from morning to noon.

In conclusion the good thing about Padma is obviously its designs (love the lobby lounge and its hillside studio). but my experience there was not entirely pleasant due to the small size of the hotel (and thus you just keep on bumping with other people). I would still recommend you to go there on holidays and (probably) weekends due to its accessibility and designs but I personally will not go back there since I found no relaxation when I was there.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple