“Not recommended, reconsider your stay there, just find better hotel around” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Royal Panghegar

Grand Royal Panghegar
Ranked #33 of 215 Hotels in Bandung
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Not recommended, reconsider your stay there, just find better hotel around”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Our friends and my family stayed in the weekend for 2 nights in may 2013, room looks old, refrigerator was defect, bed sheet and towels were dirty and too noisy at night as its located by the busy road. Prefer to stay at the condotel building instead, but friend of mine and his family who stayed there also complain about the leakage in his room which came from the room above them. Parking area also too small space. Beware of the dinner promo in your room through media flyers, in the brochure said that all you can eat incl the angus rib steak from 7PM-9PM for Rp 125,000++ but in fact it's only slices of them and limited!!! We asked the butcher for more but he said that it's his last stock...what a shame!!! while the clock still showed 8PM. Finally we got them for more after complaining. The only postive thing is the pool where kids can have some fun. We will not stay there anymore and really not recommended while you can find other better hotel around.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank r_s44t

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Indonesian first
indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

panghegar hotel deserve for its star rating, good hotel, clean and located in the center of bandung city. But, i feel the receptionist not very friendly, but the other hotel staff show their hospitality by always saying hi when we met in the hallway.
The room clean and big enough for me. The only issue, the king size bed originally was 2 small beds that being put together to become king size and it is hard. Also small problem on the elevators which sometimes going up by itself when we want to go down, i thought it is due to renovation that they are being to.

Room Tip: make sure you get a real king size bed if you want it and get the condotel type room, they have quit...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at Condotel (New Wing). The design and its furniture just not in place and an old apartment fashion. Spacious. The lift to Condotel is simply all the way to the back of hotel.... Walking! Really need to redesign it again to makesure everything is in place! A 4 tier drawer in the middle of room to place a LCD TV? It should be on the wall instead!
Location is nice though a bit traffic jams. Stay here but please do bargain!

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I don't know what's wrong with this hotel the incompetent staff/manager or Inadequate staff.
what happen was, I was staying from 30/3/13 to 31/3/13, C/i process was okay only bit slow, the room was fantastic since i got condotel deluxe 953 and 955. breakfast not really international style more like Indonesian style. and then bad thing happen on 31/3/13. I was ask for additional bathtowel from 8am, they aren't coming till I check out. luckily for me, when i was dumping my p**p, the water is not running so could you imagine that, there was no water running in the bathroom. I tried to use the shower, same thing happen. at 10:00 I tried to Call FO/Operator/Guest service officer for many time, but nobody answer, it's looks like they are afraid to handle complain. after that I Managed to contact FO SPV his name Fajar if i am not mistaken, when i informed about the water issue, he only tell me to wait little longer, no solution given. at 11;00 i managed to called Guest Service Officer Shinta if I am not mistaken by her name. I tell the same story, she tell the same thing about wait little longer, I asked the MOD/Duty manager, she said MOD also busy and will get back to me soon. Now I lost my Patience, by 11:45AM the water still not running, no info from MOD/Duty Manager, so I CHECKOUT THAT RIDICULOUS HOTEL WITHOUT TAKING SHOWER AT ALL AND I HAVE TO DRIVE TO JAKARTA FOR 4-5 HOURS DUE TO TRAFFIC CONDITION.
The Tangible product that they offer was superb but for intangible product not even exist.
could you imagine checkout without taking shower and had to drive for +- 250km, not even an apologize from the staff/manager. I really don't know how they select/hire the staff/manager.

IF I WERE THEIR STAFF, I WOULD APOLOGIZE AND OFFER THE BEST SOLUTION, FOR EXAMPLE, THEY CAN GIVE ME OTHER ROOM JUST TO TAKE THE SHOWER OR IF THE OCC WAS 100% I CAN FIND THE DIRTY VACANT ROOM TO OFFER FOR QUICK SHOWER AT LEAST.

definitely i won't come back to this hotel anymore not even for my business purpose. I AM SICK of THIS HOTEL.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Lugus1986
GrandRoyalPanghegar, General Manager at Grand Royal Panghegar, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to write and give us your valuable feedback of your stay at The Grand Royal Panghegar.

We would like to apologize to you for the inconvenience your experienced whilst staying with us. We at The Grand Royal Panghegar understand the importance of fulfilling our guest's expectations and it concerns me greatly that you have departed our Hotel with negative impression.

I was most concerned to read of your comments about an abrupt situation in which our water deep well and water supply system failed to supply water to the main building which was beyond our control, and it took some time to get the fresh water delivered from our vendor as we had to buy fresh water for a back up and was not up to your expectation and I have shared these issues with our team here. Accordingly your valuable feedback will be fully considered as our reference in an effort to improve our product and service standard.

Once again, please accept our sincere apology and I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Grand Royal Panghegar.

The General Manager

Travelers are raving about these Bandung hotels

Whitehorse, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a conference and really enjoyed my stay. The staff here are very friendly and more than happy to answer questions or provide information about Bandung and places to go. The room was clean, the hotel was well-maintained, and the Chinese restaurant in the lobby was nice, if a bit more expensive. I appreciated the small convenience store in the lobby of the hotel. The spa services are a great value, particularly when compared to Canadian prices, and I found the spa therapists to be very professional.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

They said that this is a 5-star hotel. However, compared to other 5-star, I'm not so sure. Anyway, the price is fairly cheap (as a 5-star hotel). But price don't lie.

Anyway, I went here for company yearly meeting, and we booked the meeting room (ballroom) for 100 people. The sound system is good, with ample meeting equipment and space. At night, we also held a gala dinner in one of the ballrooms, and the arrangement was nice.

Swimming pool is usual. Futsal (indoor soccer) field is made from cement, so be careful if you are too excited, you may hurt yourself if you fell to the ground.

Rooms, they have some parts which are just newly renovated as condotel. If you are lucky enough, you may get this newly renovated rooms. Some rooms are having balcony, with pool view, some others are facing outside the hotel.

Location wise, it is quite central, near Braga district, where you can find interesting things. If you like shopping at factory outlets, Dago and Riau area are reachable in 20-30 minutes depending on the traffic.

Food, I experience lunch and breakfast, not so much varieties as in other 5-stars. And, the chef seemed to fave lamb as one of the dishes. Those with high cholesterol level may need to refrain themselves from taking the lamb.

There was a problem at the night of our stay. The front desk mis-input the room number so that the same room was sold to two person (one is our team member, one is not our team member). Although everything were settled that night, this hotel may need to improve their internal control procedure. It's very dangerous to just reset and give the room key to another person while the identity was not properly checked. Guest belongings can be missing as a result of such incident.

Room Tip: Pool view might be better
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Visited Bandung 3 weeks ago. The most memorable experience was the excellent hospitality of the hotel staff. The room was comfortable but the water pressure for showering was low.
To go to the shopping area, we had to take the blue cab which were not abundance in Bandung. Walking to that destination would take 20 minutes.
If you won't mind eating food from stall by the roadside, the won't be much problem as there are many stalls nearby but if you need to eat in a restaurant, you need to take a cab or just eat in the hotel dining.
Overall, the hotel is worth staying.

• Stayed January 2013