“Good location”

Hotel Bidakara Grand Savoy Homann Bandung
Ranked #54 of 232 Hotels in Bandung
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I stay here for 4 nights, i had training from 5-9 march 2014. I Like the location of savoy, you just walk to Braga and every 2weeks they have good festival at Braga, you just walk across the street. A Lot of good resto a long Braga by walking not more 10-15minutes. Condition of hotel is old, but good enough and clean. Only breakfast is standard, staf is not that great at the resto. But you can still enjoy Bandung.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Henny P

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I was compelled to write directly to the hotel to complain - as when I booked into your hotel I made it clear that I required a nonsmoking room - on arriving to the room on the second floor the neighbouring room the occupants were smoking - with the door open.

I returned to reception and made them aware I would need to be shifted to a non smoking area as the smoke smell adversely affected me. The relocated room on the first floor had the same issue this time a room across the hall - door open - smoking - and to add insult to injury a giant ashtray outside my room.

I again returned to reception and asked how they intended to remedy the situation given I had expressly asked for a non smoking area of the hotel. No solution was offered as the where fully booked.

I understand this may seem petty and many people smoke in Indonesia and I should accept the reality of this. However, being an Australian traveller I am accustomed to smoke free environments. The predicament is made worse as the room is very small and confined there is little air space and so to have second hand smoke undermining the air quality is distressing.

I have had the opportunity to view my travelling colleagues rooms which are very spacious, facing into the void of the hotel inner area (please note they booked the same price as myself & at the same time - so if you book make sure you get the big rooms) had I been relocated to a room similar to theirs, on first raising my concern there would not have been a need for this post.

Thankfully I am only staying one night. The service when we arrived to book in was slow, the food in the restaurant was overpriced for what it was and the wine extortionate prices.

Room Tip: Rooms facing into the void in the centre of the building are gorgeous.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank J9Perth
Savoyhomannbidakara, Manager at Hotel Bidakara Grand Savoy Homann Bandung, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2016

Dear Mr/Mrs. J9Perth,
Warmest greeting from the Savoy Homann Bidakara Hotel!

We are very honored that you have chosen our hotel for your trip.
We apologize for any inconvenience about the room. Hopefully for the next stay you will enjoy and there is no problem anymore.
Once again, thank you for choosing Savoy Homann Bidakara Hotel.
Have a great day and see you soon at Savoy Homann Bidakara Hotel.

Best Regards,

Management

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Its a good value for money, all you need to do is tune down your expectations a bit, the service is good, i liked the bar/ lounge and their service, rooms are clean and decent, safety wise you don't need to wory at all. The best part is its location in the heart of city,

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Shamik_Dubey
Reviewed January 1, 2014

When we came at the front office for the first time, the front officer was not friendly. she did not say any "thank you" for our coming, and even her face did nor show a happiness to serve us. i think all their front officer need to be trained about the customer satisfaction. however, i appreciated for the quick services of room services and its restaurant.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Raja Kamar
2  Thank muchammad_ashari
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We visited the Savoy's restaurant thinking it's standard would meet the hotel name's quality but were extremely disappointed with what we got there. Menu layout with cheap looks with pictures and all as one is used to see in those cheap backpackers restaurants. Well, the service and the quality of the meal were accordingly bad.
Fortunately the bill was in correspondence (cheap).
If you want to dine in a good restaurant, then avoid the Savoy!

Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank veldhuizen

Dear Mr. Veldhuizen,
Warmest greeting from the Savoy Homann Bidakara Hotel!

We are very honored that you have chosen our hotel for your trip.
Once again, thank you for choosing Savoy Homann Bidakara Hotel.
Have a great day and see you soon at Savoy Homann Bidakara Hotel.

Best Regards,

Management

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Tune down your expectations if you are looking for perfection. Instead of polished design and luxury, this hotel offers history and character. This functional/modern style building is located just across the hall where leaders like Sukarno, Nasser, Nehru, N'krumah and others convened for the Asia-Africa meeting in 1955. Several delegates stayed in The Savoy. It has been renovated since. Architectonical gem, otherwise 3-4 stars.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Kai S
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights at room 128. There is NO non-smoking room in this hotel. Our room was definitely a smoking room. Housekeeping staff tried to spray perfume but it did not work. The carpet in the lift and public areas are old and torn. Lack of amenities in the bathroom such as shaving kit, hand towel and floor mat. The breakfast was great though with lots of variety particularly traditional food selection. Room service staff rang the bell at our door at 11 pm to deliver drinks that we did not order.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family