“RECOMMENDED FOR STAY”

Ranked #2 of 308 Bandung B&B and Inns
jakarta
“RECOMMENDED FOR STAY”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

me and my fiancee went to bandung on 17th and 18th of nov 2013. we had the pleasure to stay in this guest house on 17th of nov 2013. we only found this place via website, mainly trip advisor. so we thought we'll give it a try.
its somewhat hard to find, as it is located deep in some residential area. however, when we finally found it, the place turned out to be a very nice place, with some very friendly workers.
the rooms are cozy, nice, not your ordinary hotel room. place is quiet, cool. not to mention it is very close to supermal and trans studio. food are somewhat alright, but you dont stay for the food. on weekend they have live bands.

overall a good experience

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

Staying at La Nostalgie Boutique Guest House was a delightful experience. I came with my mom and a friend from Singapore. We had a decent room, good night sleep, and a marvelous breakfast on the next morning. They made a delicious home-made jam and offers assorted menu for breakfast.
The location is in the city center near housing compound which pretty neat, well maintained, and has a lovely typical Dutch architecture. Maybe for those who don't bring a vehicle, bit bewilder to walk in, but there are public transports like rickshaw and taxi that can help reach the venue.

A suggestion, floor and furniture outside the room should be cleaned more often, because it looks less clean. Overall, money was worth spent in every way and I am keen to go back to the hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Wanaka, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

-located in a quiet neighbourhood not far from town
-owner Risti is very knowledgeable, speaks good English, and is able to recommend activities
-Risti helped me book a train ticket (which i wouldn't have managed on my own-language barrier)
-comfortable beds, good aircon, fast Wifi
-friendly and helpful staff, eager to please

i'll be staying there the next time i'm back

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
ristinia, Owner at La Nostalgie Boutique Guest House, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. It is just our pleasure to serve you and to make your travel easy and relaxing.
Wish you have a pleasant and memorable trip around the world (?) after your visit to our hotel.

Best regards,
Jakarta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Please do not allow guest smoke in the room, they might be allowed to smoke at respective area. Breakfast menu has to be more variation. House is very cozy and comfort, good for couples and family. Service most likely good enough.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review & suggestion. We had allocated some rooms as smoking and some non smoking, but probably it was still hard to observe. But following your suggestion we have now put all of the rooms as non-smoking rooms. Our rooms have an advantage that they are facing a well aerated atrium right outside the room, so smokers can easily get out of the room to smoke.
Thank you also for your positive comments.
It is our pleasure to serve you.
Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Java is a crowded island, people in Jakarta goto Bandung to get away from a mega city. However most end near the main shopping and busy areas.

La Nosalgie is an oasis haven in Bandung. A large old colonial building, with a mix of Ducth and French architure.

Do stay there with someone special(who does not mind a small bathroom..)

Room Tip: Choose the room with a balcony
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
ristinia, General Manager at La Nostalgie Boutique Guest House, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Valued Guests

Thank you for your short but very strong positive and kind words. Oasis Haven ! the words speak a lot, and we are really encouraged to keep up and continually improve our property and service....

Looking forward to welcoming you again back in La Nostalgie

Kind regards,
San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

After visiting busy, loud downtown Jakarta it was wonderful to travel to Bandung and rest here at La Nostalgie which is "off the beaten path" but still inside the city. We really enjoyed the Indonesian food served buffet-style at breakfast and dinner (I love nasi lemak!). When we were there in March, we were served juice from the guava tree growing outside. There was also a group of travelers there whose work schedule prevented them from attending breakfast and I heard the owner working with them so that they would be able to eat.

There is wi-fi throughout the hotel and every room is decorated differently. One of our rooms had a beautiful outdoor shower! There are small arrows painted on ceilings in case you need to know in which direction to pray. And the WCs have Western-style toilets for those of us who are used to them. :) The owners live on-site and told me the hotel used to be a home for a large family with lots of children.

The staff is VERY friendly. The owners were so kind when my husband and daughter were ill from traveling, even offering some oils for aromatherapy and asking if American-esque food would help. When we were there in March, many of the staff members appeared to be university students studying English and I enjoyed chatting with the young man who checked us in.

I hope to stay at La Nostalgie again one day, perhaps when my daughter travels overseas to university.

Room Tip: Every room is different. All surround an enclosed courtyard.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guests, Dactyllic

Thank you for making time to write the review. We are really happy to find out that after a long way travel from the States, perhaps through some Asian countries first, you found La Nostalgie as a relaxing resting place.
And that you feel it like home, really makes us excited . That's what we strive for, to make guests feel at home but served like in stars-studded hotel ! Your review make my staff and I really feel rewarded.

Yes, we remember serving you juices. It was the soursop juice that we plucked the fruit from our yard. The tree is still fruitful.

Hope to see you again some day down here in nostalgic La Nostalgie

Kind regards,
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

I truly felt cozy with the service as well as its breakfast that really makes me just like being at home. I never get a complete breakfast of yellow rice with its tasty side dishes in another places, this was my first time and its yummy! A definite delicacy!!

My child was experiencing the same thing, initially before going to sleep she had home-sickness but only after talking with Eyang (the owner of the guest house) my child would eventually go back to the room and slept. She being promised she can play with bird-toy tomorrow morning at breakfast time =D

Yes, the guest house owner was super-duper friendly to customer, I felt like staying in my own aunt's place. Here, you can also get the experience of a some-star hotel class bathroom, showering with hot water in heavy water flow.

I would definitely come back to stay here again next time ... missed their banana mixed juice! I forgot to trying one of their service, get massage in my own room, will try this someday, for sure!

Room Tip: choose deluxe room for more spacious space and private balcony
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family