“Lovely, homely and friendly place to be”

Cottonwood Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 316 Bandung B&B and Inns
Malaysia
“Lovely, homely and friendly place to be”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

This is our 1st time to Bandung. We stayed at Cottonwood for 3 nights. The place is lovely and clean. Staffs are friendly and helpful. Through out the stay, we feel quite at home. The place is close to airport but further out from factory outlets.

One of the night, when we took a taxi back from our shopping, we were conned by the taxi driver. The owner and staff of Cottonwood helped us tracked down the driver, sorted out the matter and got us the refund. We were really greatful for having such a helpful and considerate host (thank you Teddy & wife).

We will definitely consider to come back to this B & B again for our next trip to Bandung!

• Stayed June 2014
TeddyLS, Manager at Cottonwood Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Hi Tiffany,
Such a pleasant smile for us knowing you enjoyed your stay at Cottonwood, helped you deal with the 'naughty' taxi driver, and finally reading your review....hahaha.
Thank you for giving such a wonderful review for Cottonwood.

Looking forward to see you again in your next trip.
And my best regards to your kind hubby as well, ok =)

Regards,
Teddy
Cottonwood BnB House Bandung

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed May 5, 2014

On May 03, me and all of my friend come to stay at Cottonwood Bed and Breakfast. We stay for one night. All room was full booked, therefore I get Apple tree room and my friend get Walnut. We really expect much when booked this hotel.

Yeah, I'm happy when I arrived in this hotel. The sweet interior and their concept it well. I suggest it for prewedding photo session. It can be nice and sweet like home. Hm, but unfortunately, I feel little disappointed. Why? Okay let's review it one by one.

Overall, the cleanliness of this hotel is wonderful but I don't know why, my room not clean enough. First, I didn't get slippers. Second, I found a few hair on my bath towel. Last, I found a dried blood stains on my bed linen (my bad forget to take the picture).

Well, I still want to come here again to try another room. :)

Room Tip: In the 1st floor they offer you Chamomile, Apple tree and Murberry tree. For other rooms on the seco...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank monicastevany
TeddyLS, Owner at Cottonwood Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Hi Monica,
Allow me to introduce myself, I'm Teddy, the manager of Cottonwood Bed & Breakfast House Bandung.

So sad to hear your 'little' disappointment' during your stay here.
Next time you visit our little "place of serenity" again, please allow us to serve you better. Because your inputs really put us into rethinking all of our service issues for once more.
By the time you read this reply, we are in progress of resetting our house keeping schedules =)

Hoping to seeing you again soon, Monica.
Really appreciate your great feedback.

Warmest regards from Bandung,
Teddy - Cuna (my lovely wife)
Cottonwood Bed & Breakfast House Bandung
Tangerang, Indonesia
Reviewed May 4, 2014

this bnb is located in a residence near pasteur toll exit. it has unique concept. many lovely stuffs there. each room has different theme.
the room was clean and comfy. the room size is quite small. when the night comes, it become quiet enough so we can sleep well.
the staffs were friendly and helpful. this bnb has 24 hours kitchen and provide free flow of drinking water.
when i stayed, it was long weekend and very difficult to call meter taxy . the operators always said full and asked us to wait an hour for fastest taxy available , so i had to use non meter taxy.
overall i like this bnb and i will stay there again

Room Tip: try all rooms if you have chance because they have different theme
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank muvee_freak
TeddyLS, Manager at Cottonwood Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Hi muvee,
Guess what? Reading your review really makes us smile =) You can bet on it, because we always love to see our guess have a lovely experience when they're staying in our guest house.

Thank you and looking forward to seeing you again in your next trip to Bandung =)

Regards,
Teddy
Cottonwood Bandung
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I stay in a room with sailor theme in second floor. Every rooms are unique, they have different theme. Cute hotel for a great deal, but it is very difficult to find. I always found the wrong way to get here. The bed is not that comfortable and the room is a bit small. Breakfast is not buffet type. They serve one menu for two persons in each room. If you are still hungry, there are some free flow bread and jam. Also you can make your own tea and coffee near the back stair. But there are so many ants in the sugar. It's a nice place, design wise. But if you're looking for comfort, you better look somewhere else.

Room Tip: second floor near balcony would be nicer
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ninalalu
TeddyLS, Manager at Cottonwood Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Hi Nina, thank you for your review courtesy.
Yes, many of our other guests agreed with you, each of our room is uniquely designed till its very detail including the bed cover, interior, and even the room lamp to match its theme.

Actually, it's quite easy to reach our property. Around 200 meters after you exit the Pasteur Toll Gate, take a u-turn to the left, then make first right. There you go, you've arrived in our beloved Cottonwood Bed & Breakfast =)

And yes, we are not serving buffet-style breakfast because we are "Bed & Breakfast" indeed hahahaha. Other than hotel, there are many other types of accommodation, including "Bed & Breakfast" (or people say BnB). You can google for it if you want to get a better understanding =)

Thank you for staying in our House. Wish you all the best in days ahead.
Ciao =D
Reviewed February 4, 2014

The staff were very helpfull! They gave us a temporary room on 2nd floor (Oak Tree) to rest while my booked room (chamomile) was not ready yet during my early arrival.

The Oak room on 2nd floor actually has a better view with fresh air and natural lighting from the window than my Chamomile room in 1st floor (the window is facing neighbor's concrete wall).

The bathrooms were clean, but there were some stains in the chamomile's bathroom wall.

Choose room away from dining area if you wish a more quite stay.

I couldn't move out my car parked there since it was blocked by other cars (the space was very limited), and I didn't think it will be polite to wake up the cars' owners that late.
Difficult to find foods within walking distance esp. late at night, but check the notice board near to reception area to find some restaurant flyers from nearby area. Some of them provides delivery service.

Room Tip: Ensure your room has window facing to the street, and ask for room away from dining area since it co...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Theresia W
TeddyLS, Owner at Cottonwood Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Hi Theresia,
Thank you for your great review on Cottonwood Bed & Breakfast Bandung. We are glad to know that you very much enjoyed staying with us.

About your parking concern, we will start making new rule of the house =D that requiring any guest parking on the outer side (read: blocking another car) to have their car key put in our safety box at the Front Officer. Thus, it will allow our valet officer to move the car in case needed.

Again, thank you and hope to see you soon on your next visit =)
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in Chamomile. Not spacious. Not really recommended for family with kids since no spot to play. Location is inside residential area. No view to see.

Souvenir room should be converted to library to attract kids, since the decoration supports.

Service level is so average. Additional charge for extra pillow? Hmmm....

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Mommydive
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a night in Nov 2013. I arrived quite late in the evening, it's such a relieve that the check in process was very fast. I just have to mention my name without have to show my booking voucher. :)
The interior is very nice, with different theme for each room. I stayed at 'Popple' room. The room is quite spacious and artsy for B&B, which was off course a plus point. In overall, this B&B is very clean. The common room is also maintained in a good condition.
The bathroom curtain & drainage needs extra cleaning attention.
They offer decent breakfast of toast & nasi uduk.

The room rate for high season is quite expensive for B&B.
The location is very near to Exit tol pasteur. However, on the downside it's quite far from the attraction points (all the factory outlet & good food places).

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple