“Just Standard”
Review of favehotel Braga

favehotel Braga
Ranked #60 of 232 Hotels in Bandung
Reviewed October 13, 2013

This is my 1st time staying at fave hotel, and I don't think there will be a 2nd time for me.
Some negatives :
- Parking is not easy, the security is not helpful at all. When there is a free space, they told me I can't park there because it is reserved for the apartment or even for Aston's guest. Just because I stayed at the cheaper hotel, I have to park far from the entrance
- I have to climb the escalator 2 floors up with all my luggage, because the escalator is not working, although it's only 9 pm
- I have to climb another stairs from the lobby to my room, because there's no escalator or lift at the hotel
- The room is very small, even compared to similar budget hotel like Ibis or Amaris
- There's no window in my room, it feels like I'm staying at a dormitory house. I can't tell whether it's raining or sunny outside, even when there's a war outside I can't tell
- The breakfast is awful, except for the porridge. The egg station gives you omelette with maybe only contains 20% of egg, the rest is just flour. The fried rice taste awful, even the coffee tastes no good
- The dining room is very uncomfortable, feels like eating at a school canteen
- They still charge you IDR 8000 for parking fee, although they give me free parking voucher.

but I also managed to find some positives :
- The front desk officer is very fast during the check in and check out process. The process is very simple
- The wireless internet connection is fast enough
- The bathroom is clean and nice
- Cable tv channel is good, I can see many movie channel (hbo, foxmovies,etc)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Fave H, Manager at favehotel Braga, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Value Guest,

Warm greetings from favehotel Braga.

It was so sad to hear your joyless experience when you stay in Bandung. Favehotel Braga will ensure that Parking Management will manage the parking area better than before and Mall Management will monitor the working hours of the escalator for guest, actually you may use guest lift at the right side of parking area which is working for 24 hours.

As a budget hotel, our standard room is not provided by real view window, however it is available at Superior and Executive room, we recommend you to stay on those room should you prefer to have it.

We will ensure the breakfast is according to our standard and Lime cafe is well maintain for the cleanliness. We hope the service given by our staff were meet your expectation and do not hesitate to come back again and feel the fun, fresh and friendly ambiance from us.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I stayed for only one night in this hotel. I found the hotel is nice and good in location in Braga one of the heritage site in bandung. Very easy to find restaurant, karaoke and night life. Staff in the hotel also very nice, friendly and helpfull. But one thing that I can not coup with is the smell when we enter the lobby, and the air is not so fresh. They need to have better exhaust system. Breakfast also need to be improve in term of selection

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank GUN99
Fave H, Manager at favehotel Braga, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear Value Guest,

Warm greetings from favehotel Braga, Bandung.

Thank you for your input to us to have better fresh air system at the lobby. We will try to improve and make sure our lobby is always fresh and ready to welcome our guest. Breakfast selection is provided based on the standard of all fave hotels, however, we will improve of the menu selection and taste quality.

Look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

I felt so welcomed by the hotel manager and front desk staff. I arrived at this hotel hoping to get a room but they were sold out for that night. The manager dealt with me personally to arrange a room at the Aston for that night, and then booked the next 4 nights at the favehotel. I was so happy with his standard of customer service. He was even nice enough to walk me to the other hotel to ensure I got there safely. The next day I was greeted from this same manager and the front desk staff who knew my name before even checking in. My room was small but just big enough for one person. There was no window in my room which I didn't mind, but it made the bathroom smell a bit musty after having a shower. I really appreciated the staff members because they were very good with their English and even helped to arrange a taxi to the train station when I checked out and a driver for the day when I went to see the hot springs and Tangkhuban Perahu. (my drivers name was Dani and I would recommend him to anyone! He didn't speak much English but tried really hard and I had a lovely day with him).
The breakfast was great, location is perfect, customer service was perfect, and I thought it was SO useful that the wall outlets in my room were also international adapters...perfect for charging my phone. Thanks so much, this was my favourite hotel that I stayed at during my time in Indonesia.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Nikki M

Hi Nikki,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful service experience by our hotel.

We believe that provide the best service and basic facility needed by the guest will make them enjoy their stay. We suggest you to choose Superior or Executive room should you need to have room with real view window.

Again, thanks for making our hotel as your favorite hotes during your stay in Indonesia..favehotel..will be always as favorite hotel for all.

Cheers,

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I'd like to start with a disclaimer. I was in Bandung for my training in early September. I didn't ask for a fancy hotel. I just needed a clean sheet, hot shower and working AC. That's what I got. Just to be sure, ask to see your room beforehand. I got a warm and helpful service from DADANG (he has a twin brother ARI (??)) He seemed to have a permanent smile on his face.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Hi Mr. Michael,

Good to hear that you experienced a friendly atmosphere at our hotel. We are happy that our staff delivery quality of service to you and all guest.

The management will always ensure that all guest get the same experience as yours, consistent with our tag line "fun fresh and friendly"

Look forward to welcoming back to our hotel.

Cheers,

Reviewed September 23, 2013

i went here with my family. the hotel decoration is really nice and colourful. outside the hotel, there is Wendy where you can get good food.

the hotel staff is really warm and friendly.

the food varies and delicious.

awesome hotel!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Fave H, Manager at favehotel Braga, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from favehotel Braga- Bandung.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience during your stay at our hotel.

We are really happy to hear that you felt welcome and enjoyed our hospitality. We will ensure and keep our best service to you and all our guest.

Once again, thank you very much for choosing our hotel as your prefer hotel in Bandung and we look forward to welcoming you back in our hotel.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

When over in June for an holiday we are really looking for a nice clean hotel to sleep in since most of the time we are going out.
Hassle free during check ins, WiFi work insanely fine.
There's a slight renovation going on outside the hotel (connected to a shopping mall) breakfast can be improve by having variety of dishes at diff days.
Don't expect a beautiful scenery (only a few of the rooms have windows)
It's walking distance to Pasar Baru & the service staff are friendly and they do speak simple English.
Overall it's a good experience staying here.

• Stayed: June 2013
Fave H, Manager at favehotel Braga, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear Value Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience during your stay at our hotel.

Management will keep improve the quality of staff and also the quality of stay of our guest.

We looking forward to welcoming you back in the future and ensure you will have a good experience as previous stay.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

When I had to visit Bandung, Braga street is one of my fave place to visit. Knowing the Fave is in Braga, I directly booked a room. It was a sudden trip with limited preparation and it was only one night as well. So, I thought I just need a clean room managed by a well-reputable hotel management. And Fave by Aston is considerably a choice.
But apparently it was not the right timing. When we arrived, we were confused with the entrance. Being located in the shopping mall, it has the same gate with the mall. It would not be a problem if only it had a proper signage. On top of that, the mall was under a massive renovation project. So it added the discomfort.
However, the confusion was paid off by the creative design of the hotel interior. It is very Bandung. Hip, Modern, Dynamic and Avant-Garde. Love it so much. I really wish the room has a view or window. I am not used to live in a 'closed-room', it made me feel disoriented. They should be honest about it. Thanks to the hotel staff, their politeness and helpful manner were really something to note.
I should choose Aston Braga, which managed by the same chain. It is located right in the same building, but with much better view, interior and style.
There will be another time .... I love Bandung. Despite its traffic craziness, Bandung is a creative city that always inspire me in many ways.

Room Tip: If a room with a view is your preference, this is not the right hotel to stay.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ratna Amatsarie T
Fave H, Manager at favehotel Braga, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear Value Guest,

It was nice to know that Braga is your favorite place in Bandung and favehotel Braga is the perfect place for you to stay and enjoy the Braga street. A very big thank you because giving us input to improve our service quality to our guest.

We do apology for the inconvenience caused by the renovation of the mall, hope our hotel was giving you a comfortable stay with our cleanliness, good service and hospitality from our staff.
We also apology if our staff did not inform you that we have Superior Room and Executive Room with view and of course with bigger size of room. We will ensure our staff will give fully information to all our guest.

Once again, we thank you for choosing favehotel Braga and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.