“east european cuisine”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Bandung, Indonesia
“east european cuisine”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Port tries their best to be different. Knowns for east european cuisine. I must admit, this dine spot is excellent. We stop by close to lunch time. They have outdoor area for smoker, but we choose indoor. Every 2 months, they rotate their specialties. On this january, they serve Czech cuisine that are varies from snapper, salmon, baramundy, duck and chicken.

Our daughter attracted to their rainbow cake which is soft, not too sweet but right. My wife choose Fish Fondue which is snapper served with wedges and variety of balsamic oil. While I decide Cuban Baramundy with mashed potato. And we glad all of them are satisfied us.

The atmosphere is nice, its merely like you are visiting grandma's house in the outer area. They're renovating old house. Its a colonial house that are widely spread in Bandung area. If you

If you are expat from western. This spot might not perfect, but It can be close for you.

• Visited January 2014

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
“I'll Be Back”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I love the steak with 4 sauces (sorry, can't recall the name) - two of the sauces were especially delish (mushroom cheese and blackpepper sauce) and the other two were OK. The steak came with fresh sauteed vegetable and french fries. Originally wanted to order cheese fries (again, forgot what it's called) but they didn't have it anymore :(
My order of Belgian Nachos is not as pleasant, though. it was very salty and I think I'll stick to mexican nachos lol..didn't like this one at all.
We also ordered niji cheesecake (the rainbow cheesecake) which was delish, every layer has its own taste. yum.
The atmosphere was very nice and lovely, comfy and fancy. I love. Sometimes it's difficult to call the waiter from where we were seated, but most times the waiters were attentive and quick to serve. Will be back to try other food - their food and dessert and beverage selections are intriguing (unlike other restaurants - just different). I wish they'd open a branch in Jakarta *wink to owner*.

• Visited December 2013
“Unique atmosphere”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

The restaurant reminds me of an old house but nicely decor. But it kinda fun and nice. I forgot what we ordered but everything was just average except but the fish and chip made from parrot fish. It wash quite delicious. Even though it was a bit spicy, my daughter like it. But....we will surely coming back again.

• Visited October 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Marvellous restaurant to visit in Bandung.”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Loved the food so much that we were there 3 nights in a row.
Kudos to Chef Eric for the splendid menu & Manager Irpan & his team for wonderful service.
If u love to try something exciting, do check out their enticing red salad & superb pigeon with stuffing.
This restaurant is a gem, believe me!

• Visited October 2013
Beijing
“An Oasis in Bandung”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Porto Restaurant is an Oasis in Bandung for food lovers. from the moment you step in you are transferred from the noise the Traffic and the poor condition of the outside, to a European atmosphere of soft music, pleasant decor and excellent service.
The Chef is Eric Lowell, a young Indonesian who studied and worked in France for years.
His creations are always exciting and surprising. The menu is large and offers a verity that can please every pallet. Beside the regular Menu the chef chooses every few month to highlight a different country by offering a special menu from this country. ( France, Germany, Switzerland, Spain, and more). in the year + that my Husband and I stay in Bandung we frequently visit "Porto" and we never had a meal we didn't like.

• Visited August 2013