“Very poor hotel”
Review of Zodiak @ Paskal

Zodiak @ Paskal
Ranked #84 of 322 Bandung B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Although it's under low budget category this hotel is not offering the basics.
Bathroom is terrible, smelly and dirty.
Towels are hard and yellowish, the amenities are very poor.
All bathroom is designed with very poor material.
The hotel at Paskal is extremely noisy and impossible to sleep from the traffic outside.
However the bed is relatively comfortable.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelogue88

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Last week, my wife and I had a trip in Bandung. That's our first time visiting Bandung. We didn't have any information about hotels in Bandung, so we checked on tripadvisor.com.
There were many people said that Zodiak Hotel @Paskal was very good. At first, we couldn't believe that directly, because I had a bad experience with a 2-stars hotel in Bandung before.
But, when we entered at this hotel, we're impressed. It's far from what we'd thought before. The hotel was neat and so clean. The staff was very kind. We used a card system to locked the room, it's a good point. The room interior design was clean, neat, and very unique. The bathroom was small enough, but very clean.
I think, the best about this hotel is the location. It's located near Bandung Train Station. It's about 10 minutes by walking. Don't worry about culinary, because there are many food stalls around the hotel. At that quality, I think it's a good choice, especially for backpacker..:)

2  Thank Yopex
Zodiak P, General Manager at Zodiak @ Paskal, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Dear Valued Guest Yopex

Warmest Greeting From Zodiak Paskal Bandung.

By this reviewed at Tripadvisor.com, I am personally would like to express my gratitude for having you here stayed with us.
We are glad to be able to help you, it is our main duties from the guard to the hotel staff to provide best quality of service.
I do hope to see you on your next visit to Bandung. Please feel free to contact me at my email address at andrian.sd@zodiak-hotel.com or my blackberry pin at 2A22cec9

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for 6 days in this hotel. I think this is good and best valued hotel.
The room is clean and quiet big for this type of hotels.
The advantage is location, near you can find Paris Van Java, only take 15 minutes to go there.
The staff also good, they will help generously.
If you bought a car, the parking space is limited, but you could drop off your car key and the staff will arrange that for you.
Btw, in front of this hotel you could find delicious 'nasi goreng' at night :).

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank YudhiF
Zodiak P, General Manager at Zodiak @ Paskal, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear Value Guest YudhiF

Warmest Greeting from Zodiak @Paskal Bandung.

Thank you for your time for sharing your moments during your stay at our Hotel. Your positive comments makes us to improve our quality service.

We do hope to see you again in the nearest future. Please do contact me for your next stay at my email address at andrian.sd@zodiak-hotel.com

Once again, Thank you very much for your comments and sharing your wonderful experience to others who may visit our hotel.

Best Regards,

Reviewed October 18, 2013

last week we stayed at this hotel.. it surrounded by many shops and well known restaurant in bandung. u can just 5 minutes walk to paskal hypersquare, bandung train station or get the famous cake from bandung "kartika sari". the room is quite big & clean.. the bathroom little bit small but acceptable.. u can find 24 hours convenience store across the hotel.. my conclusion is this hotel's very recommended.. two thumb up! keep ur good work..

2  Thank dimasabduh

Dear Valued Guest dimasabduh

Warmest Greeting from Zodiak @Paskal Bandung!

First of all, I would like to introduce my self my name is Andrian, Hotel Manager Zodiak Paskal. Having heard your experience during your stay was meet your expectation. Allow me to express my gratitude to you. Definitely I will share this review to all my team member. We are delighted to be able to serve you with positive attitude and good service. Thank you very much. We will keep improve our quality of services. If you have plan to visit bandung again. Please do contact me at my email address andrian.sd@zodiak-hotel.com or my team at rsv.paskal@zodiak-hotel.com

Once again thank you. We wish you happy and well.

Regards,

Reviewed October 11, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 10 nights. Our biggest problem with this hotel is the lack of hot water.
Almost everyday we complained about this problem and we always received diff answer such as :
- the previous staff accidentally switch off the boiler
- lots of people using it at the same time
- no one is using it, so we have to wait for while until it's heated
- all X01 rooms are having this kind of problem
- etc

We didn't buy it..why? Because during weekend (when there are lots of guests) we found no problem with it. So i think they purposely lower/turn off the boiler during weekday for some savings. The same problem with the breakfast. Bad breakfast on weekend and awful breakfast during weekdays.

What we like about this hotel are the hospitality of the staff, cleanliness, and the high speed internet. Oh, they also have a mini market on the ground floor.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street can be very noisy
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Zodiak P, General Manager at Zodiak @ Paskal, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Dear Valued Guest Apiapiaba,

Warmest Greeting From Zodiak Paskal Bandung!.

First of all I would like to say thank you for staying at Zodiak Paskal Bandung during your visit to Bandung. By this time as well I am also would like to apologize that your 10 nights stay was not met your expectation.

Allow me to explain about the hot water, I agreed that we had an issue about it on September, we contact our general contractor what cause it and we manage to fix it end of this September. Based on General Contractor explanation we have a problem about automatic switch, somehow every 1 hour it switch off. Now our boiler it works well. But we still check everyday to prevent any problems.

Once again thank you for comment, with you comment indeed will improve our quality services.

Your Sincerely,

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I book this hotel for our tripmin october.can consider as bargain to us.location of the hotel very near to kartika sari and bandung train station.Nice staff good location,very near to ammenities.staff very helpful to us in terms off getting us public transport.nicevworks.keep it up!

1  Thank ikhwal
Zodiak P, General Manager at Zodiak @ Paskal, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear Valued Guest Ikhwal

Warmest Greeting from Zodiak @Paskal Bandung!

Once again thank you. We wish you happy and well.

Regards,

Reviewed October 6, 2013

The hotel was surrounded by well-known shops and restaurants that Bandung is well known for. You can just walk to reach Paskal Hypersquare with its legendary 1,000-menu food court, or take a short drive to Jl Gardujati and Jl Cibadak, both are well known for night street culinary experience. If you need to bring home some "oleh2", you can just take 5 minute walk to Kartika Sari in Jl H Akbar. It was located just a 5-minutes walk form Hilton Bandung, so if you happen to have a conference there (as in my case), it was the perfect alternative for accommodation if you don't want to spend on Hilton's rate.

The room was big (I stayed in Room 303, a Suite), bright, and clean. Toiletries are packaged dan presented in a cute way. I read some reviews that the towels are stained or yellowish, but from my opinion, it's just that the hotel pick the wrong color scheme for their towels, which make them looks dirty while I am sure that they are presented in perfect clean condition. Cable TV was provided, which is a good point for a hotel this class. A remote for lighting is a really nice touch. A Starmart is located at the Lobby level of the hotel, and there is an Indomaret outlet located just across the street.

The cons of the hotel are:
(1) The size of their bathroom which is very small (it was a prefab bathroom cubicle used in all Zodiak's property)
(2) The room gets a bit dark at night
(3) The parking space, which is very limited

Overall, on my stay all the cons above is being compensated well by the level of service I get, beside the preferred location and convenience provided. One of the best experience I had is that during breakfast, I was approached by Ms Astry, the hotel's PR for satisfaction survey. When I came up with an idea that the hotel should provide at least one traditional menu at the breakfast buffet, Ms Astry spontaneously offered to buy me Kupat Tahu, which she does in no time. It was a really nice touch that makes my trip memorable. Two thumbs up for Ms Astry !

Room Tip: Pick a Suite for better experience ... the price difference is not significant from standard room
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Daniel_Adhinugraha

Dear Valued Guest Daniel_Adhinugraha

Warmest Greeting From Zodiak Paskal Bandung!.

Yours Sincerely