“Is this what we call budget hotel?”
Review of Zodiak @ Paskal

Zodiak @ Paskal
Ranked #145 of 311 Bandung B&B and Inns
Bandung, Indonesia
“Is this what we call budget hotel?”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Hmm....i get yellow water coming out from the toilet, shower and also wash basin. They also dont have a jet washer in their toilet, so when i called the reception, they said that they only provide tissue. Sorry but i think its very unsual in indonesia.

When i checked the wall, it was made from a thin gipsum (i think)so i can hear a crying baby from the next room

The breakfast is cold and not much variety.

If they call this is a budget hotel, i think they must take a deep survey about hotel in the surrounded area, bcoz many hotels provide much better service and menu even in the lower rate

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Relax_lady8
Zodiak P, General Manager at Zodiak @ Paskal, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Greetings from Zodiak@Paskal Bandung.

Thank you for taking your time sharing your experience during your stay at our Hotel. However seeing your comment that your stayed were unpleasant, by this time i would like to apology for that.
Is this true during your stay we having technical problem with water supply we try to fix in the same day unfortunately it took 1 day to fix it.
Regarding to the jet shower, we are in progress to provide it in each room and also breakfast quality we still improving it.

Once again thank you for your comment. I assured that this will help us to improve our quality and quantity of services.

Please do contact me for any matters you need to ask regarding to the hotel at my email address andrian.sd@zodiak-hotel.

Your Sincerely

Andrian
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Indonesian first
Kuching, Malaysia
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed here for 1 night. Strategic location. Next to the main road. Easily get public transport to go around the town. In front the hotel, 24hours mart. This hotel is brand new with a unique theme. The room is clean and the staffs is very friendly. Only 10 minutes walking from the train station. The bathroom is nice.

Only the shower curtain I don't like because got a black stain like a microb. One thing not good is, in front of the hotel, if the carpark is full, too hard to walk by with your big luggage. No space at all.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Zodiak P, General Manager at Zodiak @ Paskal, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Warmest Greeting from Zodiak @Paskal Bandung!.

By this respond to your review, I would like to express my gratitude for your experience during your stay at Zodiak @Paskal Bandung.
Regarding to your comment about bathroom curtain we already follow up the matters, once a week we wash it in order to keep clean.
And for walking space in front of the hotel, we make sure that one side of the area is for the guest walk and able to bring their luggage as well if the car park is full.

Once again thank you very much, your value comment make us more improve to quality and quantity of services.

We do hope to see you again in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me at my email address andrian.sd@zodiak-hotel.com for any inquires.

Yours Sincerely,

ANDRIAN S.Daud
Portsmouth, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Comfortable room, very clean, small bathroom but functioned perfectly fine. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful, Adrian the manager went out of his way to help us, I was unwell and he took it upon himself to take me to a pharmacy to find some medication. We arrived very late at night during Idul Fitri and were stuck for a hotel, we were given help as soon as we entered reception and got a room very quickly. We were able to leave our bags for the day after we checked out overall the stay was way above expectation.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Laura,

Warmest Greeting from Zodiak @Paskal Bandung!

Its great to hear from you again. Thank you very much for your review. I do hope to see you again in the nearest future. Please do contact me.

Give my regards to Nick.

Best Regards,

ANDRIAN S.Daud
Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Zodiak @Paskal is so simple but nice for your accomodation.
Not expensive for your money.

If you want to get the special price.
you can book from Online Travel Agent.

I will come back again with my family, friends, business partner next time

Recommended !!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I was there from 28 - 30 October 2012. From the outside, the hotel looked nice. The front desk was very helpful. I came a little bit early (around 9 am), and my room was only available at 11, so I was asked whether I would like to leave my bag while I go walking around town to kill time. Breakfast was okay. I had fried rice with an egg and some local vegetable with a piece of bread topped with strawberry jam on my first day, and white rice with some green vegetable or something and chicken with sweet sauce on the second. The room was nice and minimalist in concept, just the way I like. The plus thing was the shower...it was really strong!!! Enjoyed taking my bath :) The bathroom was a bit cramped. The rate was the lowest in the area (I think) for a nice clean room ...but you cannot compare with hostels or "wismas". I will be staying there again if I come back to Bandung, "Paris of Java".

Room Tip: Try to get a non-smoking room if you don't smoke. I think they allow smoking in the rooms.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I called 2 days before hand to request for early check-in and there's no problem. When I arrived I was told that I can't have an early check in because my room is not ready!! What's the point of me calling before hand to confirm if you can't even meet my requirement when the reception say it's ok for early check in??? Room & bathroom is extremely small, floor & water is extremely dirty too!! Bathroom light sensor is so super irritating, light went off every few mins while having shower and you have to either move about or draw the shower curtain to get the light back on again & again!!! Corridor along the rooms are noisy at night when you are trying to sleep. Oh... "Safe" deposit box in room is not SAFE at all cos it's removable.. Breakfast is so miserable, food is cold & coffee taste like water. Those colourful chairs in breakfast room looks lovely but it's so not safe & it's so uncomfortable. I am so not staying in this hotel again for my next visit...

Room Tip: There's no such thing as a good room in this hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Angeline B
Zodiak P, Manager at Zodiak @ Paskal, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Mrs. Angeline,

Warmest Greeting from Zodiak @Paskal Bandung.

First and Foremost, let me express my gratitude for having you stay with us at Zodiak @Paskal and also Thank you for taking time to share your feedback during your stay.

By this time as well, on behalf of all staff Zodiak@Paskal accept my apologize to hear your unpleasant experienced while staying with us. Regarding to poor services by the front liner and the cleanliness of the room. I will make sure it should be happened again in the future.

For your information first, we are in progress to change the light sensor in the bathroom with manually. We already change 1st floor now we head to 2nd,3rd and 4th floor. Second, Deposit Box in progress as well to make it permanently unmovable. Third, Breakfast Menu we still improve it. and Last but not least, regarding to the chairs in breakfast area I will inform this to our Head Office to check again of the safety of the chairs.

Above all, we taking seriously all the feedback, it is important for us to make us improve our quality and quantity of services.

Once again, thank you so much for your review and comments on our facilities and services.

Best Regards,

Andrian S.Daud
Hotel Manager

Travelers are raving about these Bandung hotels

Jerez De La Frontera, Spain
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I love this hotel. If you are The Backpackers, you must stay at this hotel, because this hotel is the best hotel for backpackers to stay at bandung city. Trust me !!!

This hotel is very near from station. It's easy to get food in evening lots of culinary arround the hotel. I will back again to this hotel on Dec 2012. And i will strongly recommended to all travellers

Feel the experience to stay at zodiak @paskal hotel !!!
Have a nice stay !!!

Room Tip: You can request to get the best view of room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple