“Unbeatable customer service”

Ranked #120 of 316 Bandung B&B and Inns
Portsmouth, England, United Kingdom
“Unbeatable customer service”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Comfortable room, very clean, small bathroom but functioned perfectly fine. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful, Adrian the manager went out of his way to help us, I was unwell and he took it upon himself to take me to a pharmacy to find some medication. We arrived very late at night during Idul Fitri and were stuck for a hotel, we were given help as soon as we entered reception and got a room very quickly. We were able to leave our bags for the day after we checked out overall the stay was way above expectation.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Zodiak P, General Manager at Zodiak @ Paskal, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Laura,

Warmest Greeting from Zodiak @Paskal Bandung!

Its great to hear from you again. Thank you very much for your review. I do hope to see you again in the nearest future. Please do contact me.

Give my regards to Nick.

Best Regards,

ANDRIAN S.Daud
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Indonesian first
Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Zodiak @Paskal is so simple but nice for your accomodation.
Not expensive for your money.

If you want to get the special price.
you can book from Online Travel Agent.

I will come back again with my family, friends, business partner next time

Recommended !!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I was there from 28 - 30 October 2012. From the outside, the hotel looked nice. The front desk was very helpful. I came a little bit early (around 9 am), and my room was only available at 11, so I was asked whether I would like to leave my bag while I go walking around town to kill time. Breakfast was okay. I had fried rice with an egg and some local vegetable with a piece of bread topped with strawberry jam on my first day, and white rice with some green vegetable or something and chicken with sweet sauce on the second. The room was nice and minimalist in concept, just the way I like. The plus thing was the shower...it was really strong!!! Enjoyed taking my bath :) The bathroom was a bit cramped. The rate was the lowest in the area (I think) for a nice clean room ...but you cannot compare with hostels or "wismas". I will be staying there again if I come back to Bandung, "Paris of Java".

Room Tip: Try to get a non-smoking room if you don't smoke. I think they allow smoking in the rooms.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I called 2 days before hand to request for early check-in and there's no problem. When I arrived I was told that I can't have an early check in because my room is not ready!! What's the point of me calling before hand to confirm if you can't even meet my requirement when the reception say it's ok for early check in??? Room & bathroom is extremely small, floor & water is extremely dirty too!! Bathroom light sensor is so super irritating, light went off every few mins while having shower and you have to either move about or draw the shower curtain to get the light back on again & again!!! Corridor along the rooms are noisy at night when you are trying to sleep. Oh... "Safe" deposit box in room is not SAFE at all cos it's removable.. Breakfast is so miserable, food is cold & coffee taste like water. Those colourful chairs in breakfast room looks lovely but it's so not safe & it's so uncomfortable. I am so not staying in this hotel again for my next visit...

Room Tip: There's no such thing as a good room in this hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Angeline B
Zodiak P, Manager at Zodiak @ Paskal, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Mrs. Angeline,

Warmest Greeting from Zodiak @Paskal Bandung.

First and Foremost, let me express my gratitude for having you stay with us at Zodiak @Paskal and also Thank you for taking time to share your feedback during your stay.

By this time as well, on behalf of all staff Zodiak@Paskal accept my apologize to hear your unpleasant experienced while staying with us. Regarding to poor services by the front liner and the cleanliness of the room. I will make sure it should be happened again in the future.

For your information first, we are in progress to change the light sensor in the bathroom with manually. We already change 1st floor now we head to 2nd,3rd and 4th floor. Second, Deposit Box in progress as well to make it permanently unmovable. Third, Breakfast Menu we still improve it. and Last but not least, regarding to the chairs in breakfast area I will inform this to our Head Office to check again of the safety of the chairs.

Above all, we taking seriously all the feedback, it is important for us to make us improve our quality and quantity of services.

Once again, thank you so much for your review and comments on our facilities and services.

Best Regards,

Andrian S.Daud
Hotel Manager

Travelers are raving about these Bandung hotels

Jerez De La Frontera, Spain
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I love this hotel. If you are The Backpackers, you must stay at this hotel, because this hotel is the best hotel for backpackers to stay at bandung city. Trust me !!!

This hotel is very near from station. It's easy to get food in evening lots of culinary arround the hotel. I will back again to this hotel on Dec 2012. And i will strongly recommended to all travellers

Feel the experience to stay at zodiak @paskal hotel !!!
Have a nice stay !!!

Room Tip: You can request to get the best view of room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pedrosa26
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Okay.... In the first time I want to book this hotel is I want to have good experience because sometimes new hotel can give best service that beyond expectation. But in my experience I'm sorry to say it was a very terrible experience.

Okay, the front office were great in service ... But after I got into my room the things that I found in first time were quite nice. I booked the superior room but this hotel management were not considering the business travelers. How come in the room didn't provide a chair / bench to sit, in the other side this hotel were having free wi fi services... After I asked the chair, they brought it up to my room

After a short time walk in bandung, at the time I got back in my room, I can't turn on the television and can't charge my hand phone since the electricity were went down in technical reason. But also they do the good things were moving me into the suite but in a twin bed room as my request should be a queen size bed only... Since I know it's because full occupied I took this room....

The WORST part is at the time I was going into my bathroom in the next day, I lucky had done with the "toilet" activities before the water couldn't functioning.... It's really terrible......

The breakfast was VERY POOR !!! How come it's only rice with one kind of main dish without vegetables and the fruits only 1 type only....

The price wasn't match with the things that we want to expect in a real budget hotel .....

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank 45JimmyS
Zodiak P, Manager at Zodiak @ Paskal, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Dear Mr. Jimmy,
Warmest Greeting From Zodiak @Paskal Bandung!

First and foremost accept my gratitude for choosing our hotel as your place to stay in Bandung.
By this time also, on behalf of all Zodiak @Paskal Staff, we are apologize for any inconvenience that cause during your stay. It should not happened.

With your comment I will make sure my self it will never happen again in the future nor to you or any guest stay at our hotel.

Once again, thank you for your comment. We valued your comment to improve our quality of service.

I do hope you will come back to our hotel, if you have plan to visit Bandung do contact me at my email address to andrian.sd@zodiak-hotel.com or +62 22 4266440

Yours Sincerely,

Andrian S.Daud
Zodiak @Paskal Bandung
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This is suit for backpackers..I got cheap price from their website...10Minutes Walking Distance from Train Station. They just open on Aug '12. Clean and New..High speed Wifi and free..Need improvement for breakfast..For sure i will stay at this hotel for my next visit to Bandung..

• Stayed September 2012