“Flying Fun”
Review of Bandung Treetop

Bandung Treetop
Ranked #37 of 147 things to do in Bandung
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Went there on a weekday so it was not crowded. Plenty information on the way so we could find the place easily. The venue, a small section of pine forest, was beautiful and the air was fresh. The area was not too big so watching the kids iwas easy. A small office / counter was where we bought the tickets and where the crew prepared the gears and helped the guests with the safety harnesses.

There are 8 circuits available, 3 for kids (4-12 yrs) and 5 for teen/adults. My younger one is 9 and the older one is 12 so they were separated directly.

The 1st kid circuit is near to the ground, ideal for the kids to get used to the gears as they have to proceed themselves. Gradually the height and difficulty are increased in the 2nd and 3rd circuit. However, they are not challenging enough for older kids like my daughter. After 2 rounds, she stopped as she could finish all quite fast it became a bit boring.

The adults circuit, however, was quite challenging for first timers. My daughter and niece were shaking from fear as they tried the first circuit. However, after overcoming the fear, all that's left was the fun.
They started with the orange (introduction) circuit then the blue 1. The instructor suggested to skip blue 2 circuit as the next one (red) is quite challenging. However, the blue 2 circuit includes a flying fox crossing a hill which my girl found too hard to pass and in the end she concluded it was the best circuit. The red circuit was a very long and tiring one. The girls stamina were less as it's their 4th circuit so they found it very hard to cope. However, the flying foxes at the end were quite long, a nice treat after the hard work in the earlier parts. Since the girls were enthusiastic and it was not crowded that day, an instructor followed and helped them all along the red circuit. They passed the 1.5 hr allocated time without any complaints from the instructor. I lost count how many flying foxes they had.

Overall, the experience was very nice. We plan to go back when my young one is older so she can do the adult circuits. Could be a bit boring for the 8-11 yrs old as they are too big for the kids ones but cannot do the adult ones. Definitely recommended for those who like outdoor and challenging activity.

The instructors are friendly and well trained. The only problem is they are not fluent in English so there is a bit difficulty transferring information to non-Indonesian speaking guests. They are attentive in making sure safety rules are applied by all guests.

Toilets are available but basic.
Bring drinks and food as they have very little to offer and the place is a bit remote. Mosquito repellant is adviced. Bring also your own first aid. Those who are not up to the challenge can just sit and wait in the gazebo or can just walk around in the area.

4  Thank VonnyDj

Reviewed April 19, 2013

So in March, I went to this beautiful city and my aunt took me to this amazing outbound sanctuary! LOL Maybe I overact, but it is surely beautiful.
You'll have to pay for about IDR 125K for an adult per 1.5 hours. There's a family pack for 2 adults and 2 kids but I forgot the price.
There're different levels of games and they're differed by names of colors. The easiest one is Yellow (if I'm not wrong) and the hardest one is Black.
That was my first time here so I took the first one for adults, it's not Yellow because it's for kids. It's before Blue 1. I only played 2 rounds because I was too tired. I stopped at Blue 1.
Each level has its own difficulty.
Oh. For your information, we have to apply our own security in each game. So, for adults, you're given 2 big heavylocks and 1 wheely thing for the flying fox.
For kids, you're only given 2 small locks. For the flying fox, there're officers to help.
At first, I was so shocked since I've never done this kind of thing alone. But the experience is worth it.
So if you want to challenge yourselves, try this amazing outbound park! Go BLACK!

2  Thank Clarissa C
Reviewed February 9, 2013

The last day of the meeting, we did the Team Building at the Treetop. It's great place for Team Building with many choices of activities.

1  Thank safee r
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Great outdoor sport considering not far from the city, and have big open area.
Once in a while, need to do this to test your physical fitness.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Good guides help the kids to challenge themselves. Good safety gears and different levels to try out.

3  Thank Thomas852