“Best budget hotel in Bandung”

V Hotel & Residence
Ranked #61 of 231 Hotels in Bandung
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Best budget hotel in Bandung”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Location is not too bad, near Rumah Mode , Raja Rasa and Sersan Bajuri. Check in was quick (15 min). Room was clean but a bit small, adequate for me. Booked early via email, response was very quick. They gave us room 322 which has a very nice view to the pool area of the hotel. There is a free water galon on the hallway, don't often see this in a hotel. Pool is not too big / deep, but very clean and has a waterfall on the side. I love the pool. Price is very cheap compared to others on the area.

When I stayed there a group of tourists also stayed on the hotel, so its gets noisy in the morning and night, the room is not sound proof. Had to slam the door once to get them to be quite.

A very recommended hotel for budget travellers, a luxurious budget hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for pool view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dsl520t
V-Hotel-Bandung, General Manager at V Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, December 1, 2015
Dear dsl520t,

Greetings from V Hotel and Residence Bandung!
I’m glad that the V Hotel and Residence Bandung has lived up your expectations. Our guests’ satisfaction is our top priority, and we always strive to fulfill their requests whenever possible.
On behalf of all the staff here, I look forward to the next opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Sincere regards,
Heru Triyono

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Indonesian first
Bandung, Indonesia
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed in V hotel early on November with my boyfriend. When we got there to check in, it took like an hour and a half for us to get to our room. I think there was something wrong with their computer system or something, but the thing that became our first disappointment was none of the receptionists greeted us or pleased us to sit while we wait for the check in, none of them even smiled at us when we arrived. But yeah, we thought maybe they were panic or something because their computer system was in trouble or whatsoever.

After felt like forever waiting, the receptionist finally gave us the room key. They said our room was standard room with 2 single beds, but when we got to our room it was a room with 1 double bed. The room was quite small and was designed minimalist but looked pretty comfortable. We stayed in room 115, unfortunately it was facing a way to a parking area. There were no soap in the soap dispenser, though. And they don't have a bath mat perhaps. Coz there was none in our room.

At first we planed to stay 2 nights, but then we decided to extend one more night. In the 2nd morning during our stay, we went to the receptionist to pay our bills, but guest what? No one greeted us, nor even smiled at us (again). There was 1 lady at the counter, she took care of our bills, but when we pay, she didn't even mention that we have a change and in the end of the transaction, she didn't even say thank you. I mean what kind of hospitality service was that? Me and my boyfriend are both working in a hotel, so I didn't mean to preach, but a simple thank you would affect so much to a customer's mood. Poor service from that receptionist.

Anyway, we did use some of the facilities from the hotel. The Gym was fine and the swimming pool was okay. But the water was as cold as ice. You might need to get a warm up before swimming so you wouldn't end up freezing in the pool.

The restaurant was okay. Again, we sense that the staff didn't know how to handle a guest. Or at least give a guest a smile or a simple good morning to guests who'd like to have breakfast there. The food was okay and they changed some of the menus every day for breakfast.

Overall, this hotel actually is a fine hotel. They just need to train some of their staffs more about hospitality perhaps. Not all of their staffs were poor, some of them, especially a front office guy at night (sorry, I forgot the name) was excellent.

I will consider to come back again to V hotel. But maybe in a while.
Thanks.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank TanMeyLin
Dear TanMeyLin,

Warm Regard from V Hotel and Residence,
I would like to give you my personal thanks for choosing V Hotel and Residence during your stay in Bandung. Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor, we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.
On behalf of management, I would like to apologize for your inconvenience, I have personally reviewed the aspects you've mentioned (staff attitude) with the department heads concerned. We hope you will take the time to visit us again, so we can provide better service than before.
Thank you for your stay and review.
We waiting for your return to V Hotel and Residence in the Future.

Bali
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Spending my 2 nights in V Hotel (02-04 November 2012) it was a pleasant staying. This brand new hotel is quietly nice only they need to upgrade for some things.

(+) : Hotel location situated in the middle of peace and quiet of Sutami street, really recommend if you look for something quiet and good rest after shopping and spending your time in Bandung:) and also short drive to airport +/- 10 min by car.

The service was good, I can say average. The room was good, even the bathroom really small. I stay in room #324 which is Twin Bedroom even I booked Double bed, they ran out the bed since they have group booking at that time. Never mind..since the room have a great view, Pool view and really quiet.

Room Service: Good taste with reasonable price. They serve light meal from 22.00pm - 05.00am or 11.00am - 22.00pm for something heavy. Don't expect much if you order Coffee, the taste so - so but it was OK for the express shoot before you sleep!

They have travel service (shuttle) from Hotel to Jakarta airport, or some area in Jakarta or even city tour activity, rent car, etc with the reasonable price as well.
They put the brochure into the room.

Nice Pool even situated in the middle of Gym and Meeting area:) little bit strange but it was OK as the one of the hotel facilities:)

Mini Mart in 1st Floor they open from 07.00am (if I'm not wrong) and close around 21.30pm. At least you can buy something like snacks, water, etc since there is no local shop around that hotel area.

(-) : Restaurant really small capacity, they can't patch more capacity especially when they have group booking, little bit hassle and unconvinced for the regular guest because the restaurant really small with the standard breakfast menu option. 3 main dishes + 1 fruit + Coffee/Tea + Water and that's it. They need to upgrade the menu, otherwise it will be boring, have a little option breakfast menu in the small restaurant.

Cleanliness: I found out there is (still) spot like oil and blood on the white sheet in my room upon arrival :( really pity, since the room was OK but the cleanliness from the laundry I they not really pay attention on it.

Other: WI-FI connection in the room not working at all. No Laundry Service :(
Safety Box only suitable for Note book not Laptop - standard amenities with 2 bottle of water per day.

Overall, V HOtel & Residence is quiet recommended, only they need to upgrade the service and facilities if they want to proof themselves as luxurious budget hotel :)

Room Tip: Room #324 twin bedroom with nice pool view and also quiet room:)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank clavi_bali
Dear clavi_bali,

Greeting from V Hotel and Residence Bandung,
Thank you for choosing V Hotel and Residence Bandung to stay, and taking your time to fill out the feedback. Your feedback is highly appreciated and will assist us in further upgrading our guest services, product and facilities. First of all I would like to express my big apologized, during your stayed it was not meet your expectation, our product, our facilities, and our service. My self directly brought all the issue to all my department incharge and we will do improvement in all aspect that you have already mention to make sure it will not happened again in the future.
Once again we thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us and hope to have the privilege to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Now Has present new Tree star hotel with four star facility,Good atmospher,nice view
V hotel & Residence can be enjoyed by.everyone;a luxurious experince that is built designed,and created to make sure no one can miss it!offering a posh luxury with great value,we also offer residences that are perfect for young executives desiring to show the world their independencesnd their good tastein style.
We wait your coming.
very nice place

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Jakarta_Indonesi,

Warmest Greeting from V Hotel and Residence Bandung,

Thank you very much for promote and Recommend V Hotel and Residence Bandung.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

This hotel is located in residential area, quite hard to find it, but if you know where the Sentrasari mall is, then you are almost there. It is a brand new hotel in Bandung, still in soft opening state until november / december 2012, and they claim themselves as luxurious budget hotel, and i found out they are hehehe.....

I stayed in a room which they called "value room", 17 square meter (quite small), it costs around 300 thousand rupiah (while the standard price for this room is 600 thousand rupiah). It is a nice room, very clean, not too much furniture, but there is safety box. Hair dryer or water heater isn't there by default, but you can ask room service to provide it to you, with additional charge but not too expensive.

For the breakfast, they don't serve too many variation of food, only 2 kind of Indonesian food, and bread + jams, omelet (only by request), fruits, tea, coffee, orange juice, and water. But it's more than enough for budget hotel i guess so there is nothing i could complain.

The service itself was great, the staff was friendly. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Freya_Aurora
Dear Freya_Aurora,

Warmest Greeting from V Hotel and Residence Bandung,
Thank You very much for writing down your review regarding our hotel performances, and I am so Happy to know that our associates have made your stay a memorable one.
It is our first priority to always give our best in serving all our guests in order to meets with their satisfaction.
Your review will be shared to all associates in order to encourage them to always give the fullest so that all the guests will feel satisfied.
Once again, thank you for this encouraging review and it would be a pleasure to welcome you back to V Hotel and Residence Bandung in the near future.

Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

This is a nice hotel in a quiet environment to get away from the hustle and bustle of bandung traffic.. Rooms a little small but very clean.

I was disapppointed they didnt have an electric kettle in the room but happy to hear they have 24hr room service.. So i ordered coffee☕.. Anoher disappointment.. They cant make proper coffee☕, it tasted more like chinese herbal medicine... That definitely has to improve.

Another thing that needs attention would be the water heater, had to let the water run for like 10 minutes before the water is warm enough..

• Stayed September 2012
Warm Regard from V Hotel and Residence,
Dear Daniel H,

Greeting from V Hotel and Residence Bandung,
I would like to give you my personal thanks for choosing V Hotel and Residence during your stay in Bandung. Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.
On behalf of management, I would like to apologize for your inconvenience, I have personally reviewed all aspects you've mentioned with the department heads concerned. We hope you will take the time to visit us again, so we can provide better service than before.
Thank you for your stay and review.
We waiting for your return to V Hotel and Residence in the Future.

New York
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Can't beat the price for this gem. Service is excellent. Free shuttle from and too train station, airport. Staff is very accommodating, just inquire and they will go out of their way too help. Beautiful pool with water falls, cozy lobby. Various room sizes, very clean, efficient, all amenities, free water bottle, breakfast included, comfy bed, flatscreen tv in every room. Great value, great location, walking distance to choices of restaurants, cafes. Nice, quiet residential area, ample parking.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank SenengJalan
Dear SenengJalan,

Warm Regard from V Hotel and Residence Bandung,
Thank you so much for your great review about V Hotel and Residence Bandung. We are really happy to read that you enjoy your stay with us. This is always a motivation for all team when our repeater guests give a good feedback about the service.
I will share your comments and your recognition to all departments and hope to welcome you again soon.

Our best regards,