“quiet place to sleep”

Stevie G Hotel
Ranked #89 of 230 Hotels in Bandung
“quiet place to sleep”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Stevie G Hotel is located quiet far from Bandung city and bit isolated, which is a great place to rest and being lazy while relaxing. The wifi and phone signal here is not too good, so i have asked the router from the front office to be able for me to work using the laptop and nicely they lent me the router at the bed room, so i can working using the laptop.
Therefore i said earlier in this hotel, you going to just rest and relax not to work. The food at the Maja house was nice, where this restaurant is one company with the hotel and where we going to have the breakfast tomorrow. The bed room and bath room lights and clean is great. Next of the hotel is Taman Gajah amusement park & swimming pool, if you bring kids then you can bring them to there to swim.

Room Tip: pick a room which not facing toward taman gajah amusement park
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I knew this property by a recommendation of a friend..my friend had a nice experience here..so i decided to choose this hotel for family vacation at 17th august for 3 rooms..illegal immigrant,the street and picnic at green grass..
The property was located at sersan bajuri road,lembang..beside kampung gajah recreational spot bandung..i arrived at 11 am..met the front office,asking them for early check in..1 early check in room for my parent and my 8month pregnant wife..finally they gave us early check in around 1.30pm..we entered the room while waiting 2other rooms to be prepared..(they said,rooms were still being prepared..and the receptionist said that rooms will be ready at 2pm)
We waited almost half an hour,the rooms still not prepared yet..lots of excuse..this is the problem that made me a little bit dissapointed with the service..very unprofessional and unprepared..but maybe i was in a bad luck..had a first bad experience with stevie g..and also the key card wasnt work well..needed to be upgrade everytime we want to entered our rooms..

Cons :
1. Unprepared staffs..either the receptionist or the housekeeping..bad teamwork..
2. Key cards error all the time..(maybe when i came here,their system was down..but as a hotel,no matter what the problem are,u need to fix it asap,rite)
3. Too noisy between 8am till 5pm..considering kampung gajah beside this property
4. Some spots on the property..just like on the couch and on the wall (this point didnt bother me alot)

Pros :
1. Even the staffs were unprepared and unprofessional,but they keep smiling..tried to fulfill our need just like providing a router for us to access wifi in the room..quite fast..thanks to housekeeping called yanto..
2. The design of each rooms are quite unique..
3. The pillow made from micro dacron..uber soft..love it..
4. The view of the hotels and the bistro called Maja house..the apple crumble was top notch
5. Love the illegal immigrant theme

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Septra W
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I'm going to start by saying that this hotel has very quick service. Requests for internet access and an ironing board (no Mcguyver isn't my name) were answered and resolved in a matter of minutes.
My problem was the general state of the place. From the dead flowers outside to the 'tired' room. We were shown to our deluxe room (we'd upgraded from a standard) a room called "Ivory Met Grass", a spacious enough room but in need of at least a fresh coat of paint. I didn't mind the grass-green walls, i thought it was kind of funky, but i did mind the dark marks on many of the walls. The breakfast, served in the neighbouring Maja House, was good enough but the whole place was nothing special.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Samarinda, Indonesia
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The room was more than we expected. We stayed at 'Illegal Immigrant' and 'Gelateria' themed room, and both rooms were into they concept. It was clean, the staffs were friendly and really helpful. The breakfast was delicious with many choices. But the breakfast time was late for an hour than it was supposed to be (from 6 am, but it turned out to be 6.30 am or more). It has fresh air surroundings, but the transport was very hard to find. We called a taxi, and waited for 1-2 hours. If you want to stay here, better be prepared to rent a car for a whole day.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I have stayed here in my last 3 trips in Bandung and i definitely would stay here again if i am going there again ......

Its a nice boutique hotel located just next to Maja House ( recommended to have ur dinner here at the balcony and enjoy the city view while eating , thats another review haha )

the design of every room is so interesting , so inspirational .....almost every piece of furniture from the lamps to the sofas in this place are carefully thought of .......

definitely one of the best hotel to stay in Bandung ........

Room Tip: There is no lift , so please choose wisely if you do not like climbing stairs .....
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I knew about Stevie G from the internet, first time I saw it, I fell in love with the concept. I like the hotel concept which very unique, they create different themes in every room they have. I stayed in 'Savile Row' room which have vintage photography theme, i love all the vintage photos and frames in that room.
For me, this hotel is one of a kind. Very unique.

Room Tip: if you are travelling with old people, please ask the room in the lobby floor, since they dont have...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a boutique hotel with less than 50 rooms, I think. Each room has it owns theme. My room was in the first floor (down the lobby) and the title is Transylvania, inside my room is gothic style and the bed is hilarious hahahaha... the room is standard, clean, nice but the bathroom is too small and too dark, maybe they try to keep up with the theme. I think you could survey and pick the room before you check in. Unfortunately, I was using a voucher and I didn't know that I could have room preview before check in, too bad that day they are full house.

I got my voucher from Yuktravel.com, if you remember once I had my complain through tripadvisor regarding this travel (see: Green Forest, Bandung). Thanks to tripadvisor, they really count our complain and offer us free voucher. Yuktravel proved their seriousness by updating confirmation booking to us and ensure that the hotel is indeed booked. I am not saying that I trust them yet, but I might give another shot if they have good bargain price.

Hotel surroundings:
1. Maja house resto : worth to try, worth it price..
2. landscape : my room view is Kampung Gajah waterpark
3. weather: nice cool breeze
4. Location : secluded, good if you want to escape from busy Bandung

Room Tip: Preview your room before booking or check in
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bandung
Puteri Gunung Hotel
#49 of 230 in Bandung
Grand Hotel Lembang
Grand Hotel Lembang
#150 of 230 in Bandung

Been to Stevie G Hotel? Share your experiences!