“Very poor”
Review of Vio Hotel Pasteur

Vio Hotel Pasteur
Ranked #29 of 331 Bandung B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 25, 2013

This was almost just 1, but they finally remedied my problem so I was going to put the score at 2 instead of 1 but on review, I couldn't in good conscience not warn travelers about the very bad experience I had in this hotel so I'm putting the score at 1.

I am usually very generous in my reviews, rounding up instead of down and trying to find the good in all the places I stay in but this experience was just horrible from start to finish.

I had an extra night in Bandung after I finished a conference. I had checked out of my previous hotel because they didn't have extra rooms for the night I wanted to extend so I ended up in this hotel.

So what was bad?

1. Service was very poor. The front desk staff couldn't be bothered to help you with anything. They were unhelpful with information on where malls, bus stations, etc. could be found save for saying take a taxi. It took forever and a day for them to answer whenever I would call the front desk from my room. And finally, they almost over charged me when I checked out. Good thing, I look at all my receipts before I sign anything.

2. The room was very small. The bathroom was super tiny. The towels were old and dirty. And the worst thing was the a/c in my room was busted and started dripping water all over my floor. It was a good thing that the room was so tiny, I was able to hang on to the wall otherwise I would have surely slipped on my butt due to the wet floor. So I called the front desk and as previously mentioned, it took them forever to answer. My first call went unheeded so I had to call again after 10 minutes. Finally somebody shows up and tries to remedy the situation by siphoning off the water from the a/c. But after about an hour the same thing happened. And take note, this was in a room that was very warm due to the busted a/c. The staff came again and just tried to do the same thing. By this time it was already 11 pm and I was just about out of patience. So I called down again and finally front desk person told me they will give me another room (a deluxe one) but I won't have to pay the price difference. Well duh!

In any case, the other room was marginally better, but thank goodness the a/c worked so I finally had decent sleep.

3. There is free wifi but it's was just so slloooowwwww....

4. The location isn't really near anything but the very busy junction of the gateway to Bandung.

5. Definitely NOT value for money. There are other hotels of the same price that are much much better.

One thing I would say is that they did in the end finally give me another room due to the broken a/c in mine. But really, that was the very very least they could do. So my recommendation is definitely a pass on this one. Not Recommended.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank sleepyinsomniac

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Me and my friend organized small meeting here. Meeting room is good, having complete equipment. The banquet staff also have fast response especially mr. Arif.
Rooms especially deluxe room are clean and comfort, small but nice. According to information from front office staff, there are 2 types of room, standard and deluxe room. Standard is smallest than deluxe room and having no window. Taste of food is good, breakfast is just average.
But you should be careful when have negotiation and agreement with this hotel sales. They are not flexible and not negotiable. You should read every detail if you dont want to have extra cost.
Location in pasteur street, in the gate of bandung, Surround by many culinary places and near to travel agency made this hotel is easy to reach.

Room Tip: Choose deluxe rooms, larger and having window
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Nita Y
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I stayed to spend my time with family and to meet friends during weekend, the cleanliness and their service were meet with our expectation, very good location, easy to reach and surround with culinary place that we can spend time with family and friends, good budget hotel with affordable price..

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank rdamaya
Reviewed December 15, 2012

The staff were so disappointing. When we booked the room by phone, they said the price is 470k. But when we checked in, they said the price is 570k. We had to argue first to defend the price still 470k. Another thing is the car park. We have no option other than vallet parking. We have to pay extra 10k for that. Won't stay here anymore..

• Stayed: December 2012
6  Thank gyatmaja
Reviewed October 20, 2012

This was my second stay at this hotel. Stayed for three nights for a business trip. I've got a Deluxe room at the fifth floor, just a few step from the elevator door (unlike my room on the first stay which I had to through gloomy passage to get into). The room was facing the Terusan Pasteur Street, which is the busiest street in Bandung because very near to the Toll gate. I love the city view, but unfortunately the noisy sound from the vehicles was so loud and it never stop. I didn't have very nice sleep because of that. Apart from the noisy sound, I love the room. It's clean, more spacious, and have coffee/tea maker. The bathroom was small and unfortunately the shower was so weak when I used the hot water. The breakfast was so simple and okay for me. The restaurant was still small and still not enough seat for guests, when the hotel was highly occupied. I even had to share a table with a man I didn't recognize. And the drop-off service disappointed me this time. I asked a drop-off service to a shuttle car pool just few hundred meters from the hotel. They asked me my phone number when I made the reservation to confirm the availability of the car. They never called me. And when I asked them on the time I needed it, they said there was no car. They suggest me to take a motorbike-taxi (ojeg) and definitely I refused to because I brought a heavy luggage. Finally they managed a taxi for me. But still I disappointed because I have to wait quite long. Overall a nice boutique hotel and okay for short business trip.

Room Tip: Room on lower floor has stronger shower. Ask for room that not facing directly to Pasteur street as...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank miu85
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I booked a family room, one queen size bed and one single to stay with my wife, my kid of 6 and mother-in-law.
We arrive late from Jakarta 23:30. Lobby was dark, no problem. Staffs helpful. We asked for two key cards and was refused saying one per room. We told reception we would go out different time and not returning same time but no hope.
Going into the room,
1. It is dark, not enough lights. The tea preparation area has no light.
2. No Closet, no baggage stand, we have to put all our baggages on the floor and difficult to unpack.
3. There is a place (small) to hang your clothes, but, for a family room, there are only two hangars. I hink it is reasonable to have at least one for each person (3 minimum). They have three bottles of drinking water though.
4. One chair in the family room so we cannot even play musical chairs.
5. No face tissue.
6. The toilet is small, ok, bigger than some Japanese toilet cube, but no where to hang your clothes or put your toileries.
7. No spare toilet tissue. the only roll there almost finished. With four of us, we just finished the last one in the morning. Lucky, we do not need to declare emergency. Some Hotels keep an extra roll in case there is only one tissue stand/holder.
8. For Family room, they should expect at least three adults otherwise guests should have book just a double room. But there is only two sets of bath towels.
9. Windows are not sound proved. We can hear when there is car passing by on the road. Morning prayer from the nearby Mosque at 4:00 wake us all up.
10. No make-up desk in the room, very inconvenient for ladies.
Too many negatives points, but, they have some good one also
1. Friendly staffs,
2. Breakfast still ok although choice is not much.
3. Tried dinner and food is good at reasonable price.
I put all these here is to let them aware to improve. VIO pasteur is a new hotel. I hope they can try to improve before they go out of business. Some of the above can easily be improved and a few quite difficult.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank EdmondJakarta
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I was booked to this new hotel recommended by a friend cause located near Toll Pasteur for a weekend over night stay. Small but chick hotel, went through small problem on arrival cause reception can not find my booking, luckily after cross checking to the booker I was already allowed to register and immediately roomed to the 5th floor. Tiny room but clean, has a big LCD 32inch TV, had a tea/coffeemaker with some limited tea/cofee.sugar sachet (no tea spoon provided) perhaps housekeeping forgot to. Twin bed that I asked had a big size bed, but the working table has no chair? I asked reception before we went out for dinner those missing things however it never came when we returned late evening. bed night sleep was ok, but bath shower drain did not really work - Indonesian Breakfast located on the 1st floor was good. Juice provided, There is a balcony for smoker and I had additional b'fast for my son but can not be charged to the room so paid after bfast immediately. Cause no minibar in the room but no minimart within property nor vending machine - no big problem cause supermarket is just a walking distance from the hotel. Overall stay not bad, staff are keen to help for a late check out request on Sunday. The hotel is not fit for a big family but good for Single/couple travellers

Room Tip: Higher floor facing street, twin bed big enough for indonesian size if you have to bring kids
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends