This was almost just 1, but they finally remedied my problem so I was going to put the score at 2 instead of 1 but on review, I couldn't in good conscience not warn travelers about the very bad experience I had in this hotel so I'm putting the score at 1.
I am usually very generous in my reviews, rounding up instead of down and trying to find the good in all the places I stay in but this experience was just horrible from start to finish.
I had an extra night in Bandung after I finished a conference. I had checked out of my previous hotel because they didn't have extra rooms for the night I wanted to extend so I ended up in this hotel.
So what was bad?
1. Service was very poor. The front desk staff couldn't be bothered to help you with anything. They were unhelpful with information on where malls, bus stations, etc. could be found save for saying take a taxi. It took forever and a day for them to answer whenever I would call the front desk from my room. And finally, they almost over charged me when I checked out. Good thing, I look at all my receipts before I sign anything.
2. The room was very small. The bathroom was super tiny. The towels were old and dirty. And the worst thing was the a/c in my room was busted and started dripping water all over my floor. It was a good thing that the room was so tiny, I was able to hang on to the wall otherwise I would have surely slipped on my butt due to the wet floor. So I called the front desk and as previously mentioned, it took them forever to answer. My first call went unheeded so I had to call again after 10 minutes. Finally somebody shows up and tries to remedy the situation by siphoning off the water from the a/c. But after about an hour the same thing happened. And take note, this was in a room that was very warm due to the busted a/c. The staff came again and just tried to do the same thing. By this time it was already 11 pm and I was just about out of patience. So I called down again and finally front desk person told me they will give me another room (a deluxe one) but I won't have to pay the price difference. Well duh!
In any case, the other room was marginally better, but thank goodness the a/c worked so I finally had decent sleep.
3. There is free wifi but it's was just so slloooowwwww....
4. The location isn't really near anything but the very busy junction of the gateway to Bandung.
5. Definitely NOT value for money. There are other hotels of the same price that are much much better.
One thing I would say is that they did in the end finally give me another room due to the broken a/c in mine. But really, that was the very very least they could do. So my recommendation is definitely a pass on this one. Not Recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A simply elegant hotel in Bandung, Hotel Vio Pasteur is situated close to the city's commercial and shopping area only 10 minutes from Husein Sastranegara International Airport. Hotel Vio Pasteur is another choice of a place to stay that worth to be considered in the so-called Paris Van Java. Just 100 meters away from Pasteur High-way gate from Jakarta. A Great Choice of meeting or gathering event with warmest atmosphere ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Vio Hotel Pasteur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.