“Great Location, but not so great facilities”

Favehotel Premier Cihampelas
Ranked #73 of 230 Hotels in Bandung
Depok, Jawa Barat, Indonesia
“Great Location, but not so great facilities”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

The hotel has a great location, free wifi also not so bad. But with the same rates you could get another hotel with more facilities.

The superior room has NO WINDOWS to outside view. Also no SANDALS, breakfast's very awful they only serve fried rice/noddle, bread, no juice, no omelet. AC very noisy. Booked for queen bed room but get twin bed instead.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank iamnino

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 23, 2012

- clean, simple room. The bed was very comfortable. This is a big plus point for me.
However - i stayed in room 1004, and even though I could access the wifi in the hotel lobby, and even in my friends room, my room had no wifi access whatsoever.
I also had a mosquito in my room, so I put on mosquito repellant and went to sleep. The next morning, i found a dead cockroach on the floor between my bed and the door. Gross. I left for the day, and told the staff to spray my room with repellant before I came back. I returned in the evening to find either the same cockroach lying dead on the floor, or possibly worse, a second cockroach! I am not sure which it was. Either the cleaning lady chose not to throw it away or there was a cockroach infestation and my room was some sort of cockroach graveyard. We'll never know. I didnt see any other cockroaches. Oh yes, and my toilet bowl had water leaking out the bottom, but thats a minor issue for me.
Anyway, the staff are a little useless in advising about taxis as well. They dont speak much English, but the manager was alot more helpful. He helped us get a taxi and advised us on getting Blue bird taxis as they are cheaper, negotiated price for us, etc.
The breakfast is also kind gross. Greasy fried rice.
Also, if you stay on the ground floor, beware - they have this really annoying loud lobby music which they inanely do not turn off until 11.30pm and they switch it back on at 7am! What the hell - mega annoying.
For the price ($53/ night) though, I'd stay there again. The bed makes it a winner for me, despite all the negatives.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ZAlam84
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I booked the hotel online via AsiaRoom.com for 4 nights stay. Before arriving Bandung , I did reconfirm my booking thr' email to the hotel. It took them about 1 week to respone after my 2nd email. The reason why I was anxious to get a response from the hotel was because of our late arrival.
Due to technical problem, AirAsia delayed 3 hours our flight. We reached Bandung at 2:30 am. Anyway upon checking in , everything was in order, the hotel reception was very friendly, showed us to the lift personally and taught us how to slot in the card before pressing the lift button in case we don't know.
Upon checking out, one of the receptionist even went outside to call the taxi (taxi stand just beside the hotel) for us to the airport
The hotel breakfast was good, but would hope that they change the menu daily. Imagine for 4 nights stay , we are eating the same breakfast daily.
During our stay, we booked a van plus driver to take us to perahu, kawai puteh and shopping. This was done via email from this address, holiday.addict@yahoo.com.sg before coming to Bandung The lady driver, Ilsya from Holiday Addict was very nice, very accomodating to our needs and even suggest to us where are the good outlets to shop and also places to eat with excellent view.
One plus point to stay at favehotel is that it is just walking distance to CiWalk where you can find lots of restaurants and good food. Besides , just opposite the hotel is a new factory outlet. opened less than 1 month.
If I ever come to Bandung again, I do not mind staying at favehotel .

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I stayed for 1 night last week at this hotel. Even before my arrival, I have experienced great customer service from the staff. I booked through the hotel's website, and right after receiving my confirmation, I received an email asking if I would like airport transfer. After I replied and said that I have already made transfer arrangement, they emailed me and asked what other assistance I would require during my stay in Bandung. I thought this was excellent customer service.

The room size is just right, not too big and not too small either. But I like the bathroom especially. There is a separate shower room so the bathroom will not be all wet after you shower. The bed quality is good.

However, for the benefits of other patrons, I wish to highlight that (1) there is no tea/coffee making facilities (2) no mini fridge (3) wall is a bit too thin that you can hear people talking in the corridor. Other than that, everything else is good and clean as this is a fairly new hotel. However, for the price and location, I can close an eye on these shortcomings. Furthermore, there is a coffeeshop and the hotel's minimarket in the lobby.

Lastly, the location itself if priceless. It is location on a shopping haven. Shopping is just on the doorstep. And there are a few restaurants around. The Cihampelas Walk shopping mall is just across the street, where you can find good restaurants among others.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Puzzledprez
Warsaw, Warszawa, Poland
Reviewed August 9, 2012

If there are some aspects that we can opine about a facility or service, I would go for character and culture, rather than the physical aspects such as location and new building or facilities.
I chose this hotel because of its Location that quite near to ITB. It is also new. I have never tried a new hotel, for in my opinion, the culture of the institution is not yet solid and well built. It turned out to be true.

Just in day first, the morning after our late check in in the night, I lost some amount of money in my wallet inside my bag which I left in the hotel room while I left for breakfast. After reorganizing my thought for some minutes, I decided to report it to the management. They handle the case, however not as prompt as I expect ( some sophisticated investigation such as reporting to the police and finger prints examination). Until I write down this report, I am still waiting for the progress of internal staffs interrogation.

Yes, I knew it is a rather loose attitude to leave our valuable belonging inside a hotel room. But I have been in many hotels since year 2000, everywhere in the world... and this is my first time experiencing such thing. From the belongings I have (some money in IDR in a different wallet, Kindle, Iphone, Mac Air, My husband computers and money in his bag, hidden by the wall in the opposite side of mine), the Theft chose only the USD.

As a new hotel, their safe deposit boxes too are not yet operable ( I found it out later on after I asked them this). When the first time I reported it to the management, the manager told me why didn't I use the safe deposit box? As it turned out those are not yet operable though.... Meanwhile, beware that everywhere around the hotel, there are warnings telling that the hotel is not responsible for any loss of valuable belongings, this includes vehicle.

Now, that is the character's part. How is the hotel look like physically? For my taste, the interior is not finished neatly and tidy so that I have an impression of the hotel being dirty because of this ( I remember staying over night in Mandarin Oriental Singapore, a brand new interior too-it was way better based on the finishing-furnishing quality of the interior). But to make it clean and spotless would require a hard work because part of the works are rather artistic than technical (cleaning the spots). So it is not about the daily cleaning activity that I am talking about, it is about the quality of the furnishing. This applies for the whole buildings, from the rooms to the leisure facilities such as swimming pool, even the gym.

This is such a pity for a new investment under an International Brand as Aston group to start this way.
The money stolen is quite much to make it really a serious concern for the hotel. Though the entire stolen amount just made up some 51% from the total amount I have-yes, the theft did not steal the whole money in my wallet.

If this thing should happen to someone, someday in any city and hotel in Indonesia, go reach Police as son as possible, regardless what the hotel is trying to do. The only thing that they may avoid to happen is perhaps messing this things up with the higher authority as police (as many Indonesians will do based on culture, not to bring the problem right away to police).

What we can do now is waiting for the result of this internal investigation. Should there is no sign of good intention, then some other measures my be taken.

After all, Aston International maybe must re-review the opinion about one if its investment.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Tresya

Travelers are raving about these Bandung hotels

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I made reservation via AirAsiaGo.com yesterday. Today I called the hotel to find to about the transfer service. The telephonist who answered my called told me that she do not have my reservation, even without asking me my reservation details.

I repeatedly asked her if she can transfer me to the reservation manager. She kept on replying that she doesn't have my booking. My flight will be at midnight, just imagine when I arrived at the hotel in the early morning without a confirm reservation.

The simplest thing in hospitality industry is ENGLISH and some brains. Unfortunately before arriving at the hotel, I am already pissed with the service that I am getting.

You can build grand hotels, but you can never sell your rooms if your service sucks!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank Miharbi
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
Reviewed July 3, 2012

If you are looking for an average hotel in Bandung with a strategic location, this one is a pretty good choice.

The bed was comfy, the bathroom was good, the tv cable was ok too. Because for its economic rate, the room doesn't provide mini bar and hot water for drink. You can't save many cold drinks inside and if you're thirsty just go down stair in the lobby. They provide mineral water dispenser.

The breakfast for me is enough and so so. Not many varieties but enough to fill your stomach in the morning.

It seemed that this hotel is very new in the area. I could see that there weren't many staff walking around. Sometimes it became the problem if we need anything via telephone (receptionist rarely answer it) or in the breakfast dining room (to few people, sometimes we lack of food).

Anyway, those were part of the process. I do recommend you to come to this hotel :)

Room Tip: Ask for room with a window facing the street, so you can see the sunlight (especially in the morning...