“Good service level but noisy rooms” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
The Papandayan
Ranked #13 of 225 Hotels in Bandung
Singapore, Singapore
“Good service level but noisy rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2011

I stayed in the Papandayan for a week during business trip. The atmosphere and level of service in this hotel are exellent. My leaking aircon was solved within 30 minutes with a lot of "sorry sir" and I was offered an other room. Food and entertainment are high quality.

Annoying however was the noise that the service elevator engine radiates troughtout the whole structure of the building. On the 5th floor near to the elevators it is really disturbing. The lift runs day and night and really kept me awake. Time for some isolation buffering of the elevator engine maybe?

Room Tip: Dont choos the chambers on the top floor close to the elevaters due to the noisy service elevator
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 335FlyingDutchman_71
papandayan88, General Manager at The Papandayan, responded to this review, November 24, 2011
Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your fair, accurate and most positive review. We really appreciate your feed back and after just reopening in April after a long renovation, the last item to be changed is our elevators. We are please to let you, all of our past and future guests know that by late December both elevators will be changed (as we are in the process of changing one now). Please let me know if and when you plan on returning to Bandung as I look forward to meeting you personally at gm@thepapandayan.com.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Indonesian first
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2011

Your arrive in Bandung from a long journey and know that a point of relaxation is due. I cannot express how soothing my stay was at Papandayan, the moment I arrived the people and smiles were a greeting to remember. My checkin was without effort, my room was roomy, clean & the bed was a cloud for my dreams(comfortable). The room decor was very nice, modern an Indonesia touch with a future look.

Being a active person, the next day I decide to look around and try the hotel facilities. The pool to nowhere (infinity as it's called) was perfect, clean, relaxing along with great poolside service. The health fitness center has everything you need if your into a daily workout, but I chose the Spa and found the harmony and staff knowledgeable and on their game, getting my muscles & mind back in order.

I was quite taken by how the staff seem to be train to be specific to your needs both in the restaurants & general hotel needs from room service to housekeeping. While I could go on about a few other items, I must say that I am not one for Artwork in hotels...but Payandayan hotel has some excellent pieces, like a tasteful modern museum without the stuffy feel.

My complements to the General Manager & staff for this fine gem in the Indonesia world.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

Was impressed with the fresh new facilities at the Papandayan but what really dazzled me was the service ... it was amazing. Hotel was completely staffed up and ready for anything I needed. Staff were well trained and friendly. They really went out of their way to make sure I enjoyed my visit. Great value for the money too ... will be returning.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
jakarta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2011

at first i saw the hotel lobby, never thought the facilities and the hospitality inside would exceed my expectations. me and my mom were arrive at the hotel at night, and surprisingly one of the staff offered us to drive around. the facilities was also very nice, they have gym, nice open air swimming pool, even the waterfall and a cozy place to sit. we were stay at the 5th executive floor, they have an executive buffet there with a homey living room which made us very lazy to get of. staying at The Papandayan was an amazing experience for me and my mom. we are very excited to coming back.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Jakarta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2011

Spending 2nights and 3 days at The Papandayan is marvelous. Not only all of the staff are well trained on how to deliver the service, but The room, the living room at executive floor at 5th, is just like a home. Every time I spend time in Bandung is always at Factory Outlet, but this The Papandayan makes me stay at 'home' ! Very nice!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
jakarta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2011

From a sleepy mountaintown retreat to a comfortably luxurious getaway. Hotel Papandayan is now a viable option to Bali and other weekend resorts for overstressed Jakarta residents. The renovations done are high quality yet homey. Upgrades to rooms and facilities are nicely done. Recommend this to anyone seeking five-star treatment that's affordable and convenient.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank mister m
Bandung, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2011

As Bandung people, we know Papandayan hotel since forever. We knew it as a great five stars hotels, where a fancy wedding being held. But never have a chance to stay there, as our house also in Bandung. Years back, we recognized that this hotel's quality decreased, looked old and quiet. But then we heard it was renovated and became posh and shiny again.

So last week, we have a chance to stay there for two nights, checked in on Saturday and out on Monday morning. Me, my husband and our 6 yo boy. We get this 2 classic rooms, with connecting door and a livingroom. When we arrived, there was a refreshments (peanut, cookies, date, fruits) on the table. The room are spacious, comfy couch, LCD tvs, and bathroom are so clean. There was either a shower and a bathtub in the bathroom. I like the shower room, it just felt right from the floor, soap, large showerhead (feels like shower in the rain, hehe), faucet and water. And my boy, was very happily taking a bath (and playing, of course), without we were worry for his safety (the bathroom has a window to bedroom).

Breakfast and dinner buffet was other happy things. We experienced one time breakfast at executive lounge, dinner buffet at restaurant and rooming service dinner. Breakfast buffet offered various meal from indonesian, asian to western food. I love the sushi and sashimi. Dinner was also great, there are various food but mostly asian food, the soup was so yummy. Room service also great, the waitress came to our room for taking order, we order caesar salad, oxtail soup and pasta, there were still hot when came to our room.

The pool was nice. We spend our sunday morning for swimming. It's not olympic size pool, but the atmosphere was so relaxing. Many kids enjoy the pool also, make our son happy.

Location, it is on the gatot subroto street, should take Buah Batu exit from outer ring road toll, about 3 km to Riau (the heart of Bandung factory outlet). The main attraction in this area is Trans Studio Bandung and Bandung Super Mall, just about 500 meter from hotel. Trans studio is the biggest indoor theme park in the region.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family