“Spacious Room” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 215 Hotels in Bandung
Jakarta
“Spacious Room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I never stayed to Holiday Inn before when i go to Bandung, but last may i i did. It's really good hotel. The room is spacious with complete amenities, no hotel like this. The staffs are friendly so helpful. But a little disappointed for the carpet, it's a little dirty, i hope they pay attention to it. Next to the hotel is the Aceh Restaurant and not far from the hotel, is a mini market. Infront of the hotel is factory outlets. The hotel is a strategic area too.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Jakarta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Holiday Inn Bandung is one of the best-located hotel in Bandung. Located on Juanda Street, Holiday Inn Bandung provides us a good ambiance and easy access to factory outlets, restaurants and malls.

Although we only had a one-night stay, this hotel could satisfy us. The room was quite spacious and gave a tranquil feel. The internet connection was very good and the staff provided exceptional service. Also. the breakfast was good.

However, we were not really impressed with the view as we were staying on the ninth floor. The only thing we could only see was the houses' roofs.... : ). And, the swimming pool? It was just OK.

Despite these, Holiday Inn Bandung is still a recommended place to stay in Bandung.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Bandung, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear DonniTheTraveler,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with the travel community.

We really like to ensure that our guests are comfortable and are able to benefit from a relaxing break with us and so I was delighted to read that you were happy with your room, our location, and service. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations, and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed.

Once again, thank you for your review and we hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back again very soon for another enjoyable stay.

Dhan M
Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I've been staying at this hotel many times. However, this is the first time I write a review of this hotel because I want to be critical about my last stay at Executive Room in Holiday Inn Bandung. As IHG Platinum member, my room had been upgraded to Executive Room. However, when I saw the room, it is smaller than regular room. How come the executive room is smaller than regular room. It really surprised me because the regular room is considered to be small compared to other Bandung hotels, and this executive even smaller. I knew that what makes the difference between regular and executive room is the balcony. However, we never use balcony as place to rest. What made us even more disappointed, there is newer executive room in the new wing which is bigger and newer. I hope next time the hotel will upgrade or I will request by myself to newer executive room.

Room Tip: For executive room ask for newer room at separate building.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Bandung, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear ucartech,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I am very sorry that you found this visit to be less than exemplary due to the condition of the room that you were allocated. We take all reviews negative or positive very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

We value you as a Priority Club Rewards Platinum Member and again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Pam G
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Stay here as a priority member: view inputs:
1. No welcome fruits in room as a priority club
2. Be careful for baby chair in breakfast room, they have only 2 options: baby chair with tray but no seat belt, or baby chair with no tray but with seat belt. Should improve on this.
3. Very thin towels in bath room, like 2 stars hotel.
4. Baby cot was requested and should be installed before arrival, but they dont prepare it on my arrival

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Dear Budihs,

We value you as our Priority Club Rewards Member and while we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G
Bogor
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Stayed here for 6 nights for a meeting, checked in and out was fast. Room was spacious, although the carpet seemed a bit dirty. Bed and pillows were comfy. When I knew I was gonna stay here for 6 nights, I immediately signed up for the Priority Club, and it was a great experience, I got a welcomed call from the Duty Manager and all the benefits from being a Priority Club member. The wifi in room, it was detected immeaditely but no Internet access, waited for hours and still no access, so I looked down below the desk, turned out the LAN cable was not plugged into the Internet hub switch! After that, the Internet access was excellent. The bathroom, was clean. You can find hair dryer in the drawer, They also provide Quran and Bible. Breakfast was okay, some menus were served everyday, some were changed. Location is great, many eateries nearby, the Bandung Indah Plaza was just a stroll away, no need to take Angkot. The down side of my experience in this hotel was a couple of the Front Desk staff. I asked about the rate if I wanted to extend my stay for one night, They said I couldnt get the same rate, while a moment before my friend just done the same and she got the same rate, so I got back to my friend, and in the end she asked to speak to the Supervisor (or was it the Manager?) and I finally got the same rate! I'm not blaming anyone, all I'm saying, please let ur Staff acknowledge these things, or at least ask ur Staff to immediately coordinated it with the Supervisor/Manager, so the Guests wont have to go thru all the hassle. Despite this matter, I enjoyed my stay in this Hotel so much.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Surabaya, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

This was our second stay at Holiday Inn hotel, after the one in Darwin. We choose this brand because they have good and warm service, especially for Priority Club member. I booked directly from their website.

Bandung is a very busy town, with bad taxi service (from our experience). This hotel is within a 'walking distance' to Bandung Indah Plaza (with bookstore Gramedia nearby) and some factory outlets at Jl. Ir. H. Djuanda. But walking in Bandung is not a good idea, there's no adequate sidewalk and crossing the street was quite a challenge.

We arrived before time to check in, but we could store our bag and comeback when they're ready. The service was good. I love the jasmine smell in the hall and in the room. It's really refreshing after a horror tobacco smell at our previous hotel in Bandung. Room was nice, similar to the one we have in Darwin. I traveled with 2 kids, 4yo and 10yo. We had a good night sleep at a queen bed.

The food was good, but overpriced and the taste was less original compare to Bandung famous street food. We had breakfast in the room and order a room service because the little one was not in the mood to go anywhere. I also had a traditional massage in the room. It's just so-so, not special.

My only bad experience was when I ordered a taxi from concierge. I had to wait until almost one hour and the taxi didn't show up. The concierge helped us to hail taxi from the street but failed to persuade the driver to use the meter. I had to pay IDR 40K for the ride which usually cost less than 20K. That's because we had to get to Saung Angklung Mang Udjo on time. The performance itself was awesome. A must visit when you were in Bandung.

When we checked out, they offered free shuttle to the station. It's only 15 minutes ride to the station.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

my deluxe room is not available due to full ocupation. Then my room is upgraded to executive located at new tower without additional charges but with deluxe amenities.

This hotel is newly refurbished its interiors and still in progress. To change its looks from traditionally dark into modern light. The meals and room services are still good and progressively improved.

• Stayed April 2013