“Great value for money”

Ranked #20 of 231 Hotels in Bandung
India
“Great value for money”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We took a weekend trip from Jakarta to Bandung, and decided on the Hyatt after checking out lots of reviews.

We booked 2 interconnected rooms, and stayed 2 nights. The trip was highly enjoyable, due in most part to the correct choice of hotel.

Good points:
- hassle free booking, check in, checkout
- very nice and comfortable rooms
- great staff; accommodating, courteous and efficient. We relied heavily on room service, and they adjusted their menu (made vegetarian options for us, etc)
- everyone we encountered at the hotel spoke perfect English, which is such a refreshing change, because we often end up frustrated at miscommunication
- garden and pool area was beautiful and my little son enjoyed running around
- the hotel is connected to a mall; very convenient

The recommendation (by many friends) of staying in the city, and travelling to the tea gardens and volcano, turned out to be great. So that's our recommendation too- stay at the Hyatt.. Day 1: travel to tea garden resort and volcano, if you have energy (we didn't), go out in the evening. Day 2: check out the factory outlets. That's the recipe for a fantastic weekend :)

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank TheKumarsInDubai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I stayed there for 7 nights on a business trip in July 2012. Location is fantastic. It's surrounded by shopping mall, restaurants, book store, factory outlets, and parks. Everything is just in a walking distance. That's the main advantage of this hotel, besides the friendly staff.

The food is just okay with not so many options. Their Chinese Restaurant is excellent though.

The hotel itself is relatively old. The bathroom is not very well-maintained. I couldn't adjust the shower properly. Either it was too hot or too cold. The bathtub was not draining immediately so the water covered my feet up to my ankles when I was showering.

One thing that disturbed me is that you don't need an access card to use the lift. Hence this definitely not good in term of security.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Suramulia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I stayed there from 13th -16th July 2012. The bed was really hard, the spring was poking my body, the pillow was as hard. I Didnt even had one night of decent sleep! The shower has no water pressure, and when we called for assistance, they said they would send engineer as soon as possible, I called at 11 am, until 1pm nobody came to fix it. The rooms had no bell so we had knock if we wanted to visit someone else's room. Over all we were disappointed, we paid for 5 star hotel and got a 2 star service instead. We ordered pizza which tasted just like a simple cracker.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Vini_D
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Spent one night in this so called "Hyatt" but found out as a regular non branded hotel.Service,facilities and food just so-so.Don't be surprise if Breakfast at executive lounge turn out as not what you expected.Very....very ....simple American breakfast.The only plus is the hotel located at city center, adjacent to second class mall.

Room Tip: Executive / club room
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I checked in to this hotel after an absence of 2 years. My first huge disappointment was to find out that the fabulous bar, previously tucked away in the lower lobby has closed down. Depending on who you speak to, it's either completely closed or undergoing renovations (which, if true, seem to be lasting almost two years). Instead, it is suggested that one avail of the lobby lounge. Hardly a proper alternative. A Hyatt without a proper bar, what a faux pas. Apart from that, the rooms are very spacious and well appointed, breakfast at the coffee shop is a pleasure, an evening meal I had at the same outlet was less successful. The lack of a proper bar is, however, a knock-out criterion; I shall not be back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Though the overall apperance of the hotel was quite weary, the junior suite room was clean-homey and spacious. The staffs were all friendly and the gave us a very good service. The kids club was also an added benefit that my kids went there everyday. It was located in the heart of the city, very convenient & reasonably priced for a five star hotel

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
United States
Reviewed June 27, 2012

We stayed for almost a week, and as a Hyatt Diamond, appreciated the service from the club desk, and our suite.

Breakfast was pretty good. Mostly Indonesian items, and halal, so no pork. Had superb service from the host and waitresses there. I love carrot juice with breakfast, and even though not normally included with the buffet, it was handled with ease.

On Sunday, you can also have breakfast in the Chinese restaurant, for dim sum. Okay quality, I'd say b-. I like a certain shrimp dim sum, which they didn't have. They brought me out a big plate of them.

The dinner buffet was good, but not so many meat items. Their carving station only had chicken. It was good, but more options would be great. Price is about $15, so a good deal. Only during Wednesday and Thursday, while we were there.

The largest let down here, were the hot items in the club lounge. Horrid spring rolls, and often items were cold by the time you got them. Better hot items are certainly needed. Loafs of fresh bread, and more sliced meat in the evening, would help.

They do have a walled off smoking area. I usually hate these, as when the door is opened, the stench comes out. Not so, here. Never smelled any smoke.

Finally, the service here was excellent. The bill was 100% accurate, which for a longer stays seems a rarity, these days.

I had my birthday while staying, and they sent up a huge cake. One of the best chocolate cakes I've ever had. We worked on it for 3 days, and could only finish half!

Room Tip: I think a higher floor is better.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple