“Excellent staff lounge, breakfast host”
Review of Aryaduta Bandung

Aryaduta Bandung
Ranked #18 of 231 Hotels in Bandung
Reviewed June 27, 2012

We stayed for almost a week, and as a Hyatt Diamond, appreciated the service from the club desk, and our suite.

Breakfast was pretty good. Mostly Indonesian items, and halal, so no pork. Had superb service from the host and waitresses there. I love carrot juice with breakfast, and even though not normally included with the buffet, it was handled with ease.

On Sunday, you can also have breakfast in the Chinese restaurant, for dim sum. Okay quality, I'd say b-. I like a certain shrimp dim sum, which they didn't have. They brought me out a big plate of them.

The dinner buffet was good, but not so many meat items. Their carving station only had chicken. It was good, but more options would be great. Price is about $15, so a good deal. Only during Wednesday and Thursday, while we were there.

The largest let down here, were the hot items in the club lounge. Horrid spring rolls, and often items were cold by the time you got them. Better hot items are certainly needed. Loafs of fresh bread, and more sliced meat in the evening, would help.

They do have a walled off smoking area. I usually hate these, as when the door is opened, the stench comes out. Not so, here. Never smelled any smoke.

Finally, the service here was excellent. The bill was 100% accurate, which for a longer stays seems a rarity, these days.

I had my birthday while staying, and they sent up a huge cake. One of the best chocolate cakes I've ever had. We worked on it for 3 days, and could only finish half!

Room Tip: I think a higher floor is better.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 5, 2012

The Regency Hyatt is situated in one of the most glamourous part of Bandung with an European taste and beautiful private gardens and historical buildings with a tipical dutch style. Great swim pool and gym club this is an ideal situation for relaxing after a workshop or after a meeting. Incredible for quality and chooses the breakfast at the Mezzanine floor...the employers are really efficient and fast to solve any questions or problems.

Room Tip: Phone before for the best rate before .
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank saverioca
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I've read the previous review about this hotel and its bad. I dissappointed when knowing my husband book the room. But when we got there... Its spacious! And everything was so nice. I like the interior design, simple, warm n cozy. The room was clean too. Nothing bad at the bathroom at all. My 3yrs son, love it so much. He didnt want to go anywhere else. Just play around and bathing :).

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed May 19, 2012

It's been a long while since the last time I stayed at Hyatt, but I can recall it's a good place to stay in Bandung. That's why I was surprised reading the bad reviews on this hotel. Since I didn't have many choices left and it was long weekend, I decided to go with my booking. "Well it is getting old and maybe Hyatt wasn't as great as it used to be." I told myself and lowered my expectation. When I arrived at Hyatt, the lobby was kinda packed. Had to wait around 5 mins to check in. The receptionist was very friendly. She brought us good news: the room was ready and we could check in early (it was still 11 a.m.), just like what I requested when I first booked the room. Our room was on 7th floor, it was huge and very clean, just like the bathroom. Suddenly all my worries were gone. :-) I had good sleep without any noise, the aircon worked perfectly, and I didn't have to ask housekeeping staff to bring me iron & the ironing board like I usually do in other hotels.

The breakfast buffet was good although the selection was only okay. Butter was served on the table and tasted funny. I expected brie and olives but they were nowhere to be found. My mom said the meat in Bandung was hard to chew. She told it to the waitress and the waitress regretted it, assured her she'd tell the kitchen staff. Now that's what makes a real 5-star. Service is excellent, from the security at the gate to the bell boy. Overall, it was a pleasant stay worth every penny. I hope Hyatt keeps up the good work.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank IndahWardhani
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Personally, I think Hyatt needs to review the Hyatt brand given to this hotel. It doesn't deserve the brand at all, maybe 10 years back, but obviously not now. Don't be fooled by the brand!

The positives:
Good location, short walk to all the factory outlets. Concierge is helpful (gave us three tablets of panadol when asked).

The negatives:
Old exterior and interior, look so worn out. The check in and check out process is not fast enough. Elevator is too small and smells funny. The room doesn't have a bell for guests (including hotel staff). Found black stains on the sheets and pillowcases. Room service food is hawker food quality especially the Caesar Salad, looks sad and not appetizing. The laundry man knocks on the door at 8 AM in the morning, asking for laundry (for late sleeper it's very annoying). Breakfast was chaotic, the staffs are all over the place, table setting was not done properly, food scatters on the serving table and no staff care enough to tidy it up-disgusting to the max, no joke!

For IDR 1,400,000/night, this is the worst Hyatt experience I've ever had. Never again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kartikadumasari
Reviewed January 28, 2012

It took 30 mins to get a beer at restuarant near pool. Then we waited 2 hours for our bags to be delivered to the room as they were "lost" by the conceirege. Then I got home and they had charged the 4,000,000 IDR (US$400) deposit to my credit card. Never stay at this place. Unbelieable.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank petelad
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Location... location... location...
If you're a first time traveler to Bandung then the hotel is recommended.
It is a mall-adjacent-hotel where you will be easily find foods and other necessity in reasonable price.
It is also located in city center, near many outlets and cafes around.
The room itself quite spacious, but I think it has to be for a five-star-hotel.
Breakfast buffet has various kind of food and beverages and the tastes are also good.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family