“Nice Hotel but Bad Service”
Review of Aryaduta Bandung

Aryaduta Bandung
Ranked #19 of 230 Hotels in Bandung
Reviewed May 31, 2011

Hotel have a very good and big room, very clean. Nice room to be lazy but few accidents were not so good. Such as After put dont disturbe board also the room service enter in the room with master key. Food was not so good. And after again put dont disturbe board they ring the bell in evening when i relaxing just to ask if i want to clean the room. But in the last they apologies for there mistake.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Aryaduta Bandung

Reviewed May 22, 2011

I've stayed here many tiems as I come to Bandung 3 or 4 times a year, but this will be the last. Although very convenient to the BIP Plaza (can walk there undercover) and is in a great location for restaurants, I've grown tired of the poorly maintained rooms, especially the bathrooms. I;ll not tolerate the bathtub not draining before (so you end up with water over your ankles while showering) toilets not flusing properly, or leaking, showers that don't work, water that is not hot, etc, etc. Now trying other hotels in Bandung with no regrets. Even with an upgrade to suite (where the toilet wouldn't flush propery) and access to teh regency floor (see photos), I won't be back.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank DRMB
Reviewed April 17, 2011

Stayed here for two nights on a business trip. Overall an ok hotel. Friendly staff. Strategically located in Bandung. Clean and nicely sized bedroom. Good breakfast selection. Plenty of comp'ed drinking water in bedroom.

Now to the things they could improve:
- Hot water came and went during shower
- Old elevators. There was an occasion when the doors refused to close and floor's button not lit once pushed.
- The main void in the center of the hotel had some plastic stuff which they probably had used for renovation. Regardless, it was an eyesore.
- Car parking was not adequate, we had to park at an adjacent mall's parking; though in the same parking building, it was still inconvenient. The parking exit required that we used public road to return to the front of the lobby. Why the hotel decided to have this arrangement, it remains a question for me.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank edikp
Reviewed February 22, 2011

Hyatt hotels are usually some of the best in town. This one is also among the best hotels in Bandung but needs renovation. Compared to the Hilton it is simply too old.
Nonetheless I would also go there again as a Hytt Hotel will never be medium class.

Sauna is in renovation and the piano bar is not occupied. It seems Hyatt will push the renovation issue.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 14, 2011

Our extended family loved the hotel - first of all for the wonderful service where Indonesian hospitality gets top marks, and the patience and tolerance with which they demonstrated to a rather large family group. We fel really welcome. The Chinese restaurant deserves the best marks for food that is well prepared and quite authentic with fast service. Recommended highly is the beef kueh teow and the beef cantonese style. Rooms were also efficiently cleaned and well maintained although we noticed that amenities were kept to a bare minimum and missed the 'plushness' that one associates with most Hyatt Regency hotels. However, there were two things that marred the stay somewhat - the first is one which is probably well beyond their control where there are smokers allowed in the restaurants. Although the smoking area is in a special section, the odours can linger in air conditioned surroundings. It would appeart that in Indonesia this is the one problem faced by restaurants and hotels with an almost national past time. The other thing was the Club lounge which was very very 'lean' and drinks were taken out - sparingly - when the club had its cocktails. I noted to the staff that they had a cheese spread of 2 types of cheeses but there was nothing to eat it with such as simple crackers. So one is expected to eat a slice of very mature brie all on its own! Perhaps they did not understand but through our 5 day stay there nothing developed from our comment. Staff there were also minimal and so when they had a big group over the weekend, eggs arrived 1 hour after the order! But my family forgave easily because everything else was good - for example, the hotel was also close to all the shopping and the concierge staff were most helpful in suggestions for good restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 15, 2011

I am not sure which of the side I should blame? The hotel or the EO?

I arrived there and found my room with only one big size bed. It supposed to be twin bed as the room should be for me and my colleague. After our dinner at first night, we got back to the hotel and finding the room now hvaing 2 big beds. Thank you,.. and don't you think you should have done that before we arrived? The EO must book the room many days ago before our arrival,right? My colleague and I should think who will sleep on the large sitting area as our bed for that night.

The hotel seems not ready for having a large group of tour to stay. Why I can say that? First, way to the hotel front lobby is narrow and it's hilly. Second, they have three elevators but all of them are small size. I guess they don't expect many people to arrive at same time.

Room was nice., but the hot water didnt come out properly. It will come out neither just cool or too hot. I could not get the perfect temperature of water correctly.

Breakfast was okay and I dont know why on second day of it, I got bored with the menu.

Generally, this hotel was nice.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed September 1, 2010

Having read the reviews on tripadvisor only after booking, I was very worried but my friends and I decided to still experience it anyway.
Well! I don't understand the bad reviews... unless things have been changed. The room was excellent, the view was fine and the same with my friends room which was facing another direction, We were on the same floor (12th) I loved the ambience of the hotel and the brightness. It has such charm. The staff were friendly and helpful. The bathrooms in perfect order and fresh, and I really like the wideness of the entry in the rooms. Infact the spacious ness of the room etc. are really refreshing and so calming I wanted to stay longer. The only thing that I would have changed was the pillow a little uncomfortable for me... but I find that in lots of hotels. it is something to do with the filling.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends