“It is OK”

Ranked #29 of 226 Hotels in Bandung
Bali, Indonesia
“It is OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

I stay in this hotel for attending seminar with 250 people from all over Indonesia. In general the hotel is good. However our rooms were not ready when we arrived even though we arrived round 16:00 in the afternoon. We have to wait in the lounge for our room.
The room itself is good. Amenities and cleanliness is woth for the rate that they charge. However Housekeeping service need to be more detail. On second day I get back to the room late afternoon and found the skin of the aple from the fruit bowl still there, not cleared. The dirty plate also still on the table. It was cleared on the third day.
Servcie nit he restaurant during breakfast also need to be improve. One morning I have to go to the counter to pour te myself as no one giving attention. I know that the hotel is full but they have to prepare.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Erik T, General Manager at Prama Grand Preanger, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Mr.GUN99
Greetings from Aerowisata Grand Hotel Preanger Bandung!

Thank you for taking your precious time to share your stay experience at TripAdvisor.
I appreciate your positive review about our Room, hotel facilities and hotel’s quality . However I’m most concerned about your feedback that there is rooms were not ready when you arrived in the afternoon and there is you found the skin of the aple from the fruit bowl still in the room, not cleared. We also regret that the Services at restaurant during breakfast not of the standard that you expected. Please accept my apologies for the shortcomings. I've personally reviewed all of the issues you've mentioned with the department heads concerned to ensure that the same things will not happen again in the future.

Thank you for sharing your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for another stay in the future

Erik Tumbelaka

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

I'm a big fan of historic properties, so I think the building is just lovely. The hotel has been undergoing renovations for awhile (I was there one year ago), and some improvements to the restaurant and pool have been made. Other services, however, are still falling short for a "5 star" hotel. As other reviewers have noted, the elevator situation is less than ideal, and since the stairwells are locked, you are stuck waiting for an elevator. Additionally, there is no wi-fi in the rooms, SUPER slow cable internet, and 1 - 2 outlets per room. The staff was friendly and willing to help, but that being said, I always had to hunt down a server at breakfast if I wanted some coffee.

I should also note that, on both stays at the Grand Preanger, I was accompanied by 30 - 40 teenagers (school field trip). Despite the inconvenience that I'm SURE this caused the hotel and other guests, they were always very accommodating and gracious.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Erik T, General Manager at Prama Grand Preanger, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Guest Value

Warm greeting from Aerowisata Grand Hotel Preanger Bandung

The first of all we would like to thank for choosing our hotel during holiday in Bandung, thank Also for take time posting your comment at Tripadvisor.

But we would like to apologize regarding elevator and wifi problem,
Yes, the wifi was under construction but now internet access are done every room via wifi also at public area especially at Lobby area, Preanger Brassarie restaurant, Preanger Lounge and all of Meeting room.

I will be so pleased to share them with our team and let them know your comment .Please let us know when you are back in town or if I may assist you with any future arrangements at Aerowisata Grand Hotel Preanger Bandung.

we look forward you return to our hotel in the future with other services and facility

Klang, Selangor, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

A golf entourage with wives decided to put up in this hotel for 3 nights. Not much issues with the people who works there but thought the hotel looked old. There was an escalator to the lobby which was quite cool but just 2 lifts to the rooms? and they are not big lifts...
The reception wasn't too proactive and smart. Most of the guys were with their wives and they allocated 2 beds in a room. Single traveler like me was also given a two bed room. What do they expect me to do with the other bed???
Room size was reasonable but equally old looking. Had a colour tv for entertainment at night. Thought LCD was the least people offer nowadays? TV vision quality was bad....
Breakfast in the morning was reasonable. Standard food with not much to choose from. Same variety the next following day

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Erik T, General Manager at Prama Grand Preanger, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear guest value

Thank you for taking your precious time to write a review about your experience in TripAdvisor.

With regret I've noted the inconvenience you had encountered during your stay relating to the room,hotel looked old. There was an escalator to the lobby which was quite cool but just 2 lifts to the rooms, and they are not big lifts. Please accept my sincere apologies for these. I've personally shared and discussed with related department heads to fix the problem and to ensure that similar comments will not re-occur in the future.And know, we face off already especialy regarding TV facility, quality of room we has renovated .

I really appreciate your constructive feedback,
We all look forward to welcoming you back here so that you could see the improvement of the feedback you are addressing.

Oxford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

I returned to the Preanger after about 20 years (!) and it did not really reflect my recollections of my earlier visits. On the positive side, the rooms are very large and quiet (as long as you are facing the rear of the hotel). The furnishings and fittings are not the latest, but in my room, were quite adequate. There was a flat-screen TV and the cabled internet was not fast but, again, adequate. There was still some renovation work going on in the lobby area, so access to the main restaurant (Brasserie) was via the cake shop (Patisserie). The breakfast buffet was reasonably varied, but the presence of a number of tour groups who inexplicably all seemed to descend on the coffee shop at the same time is definitely not a welcome sight. The former Mexican restaurant seems to have disappeared. However, on the side facing Jl. Asia Afrika, there is a new establishment in the older wing called "Postweg" which is wonderfully themed as a heritage restaurant/bar. Whilst not managed by the Preanger hotel, it is essentially in the hotel compound and well worth a visit. Given the room rate I paid, I cannot complain.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the rear of the hotel (i.e. facing away from the two main roads forming the intersectio...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Kurt M
Dear Kurt M

Jakarta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 3 days. I thought the hotel have a good room but I was wrong. The room is old. The television set is not a lcd tv. Breakfast menu didn't have many variations. No wonder they had low price for five stars hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear guest value

With regret I've noted the inconvenience you had encountered during your stay relating to the your comment, Please accept my sincere apologies for these. I've personally shared and discussed with related department heads to fix the problem and to ensure that similar comments will not re-occur in the future.And know, we face off already especialy Brasserie Restaurant facility, quality of room we has renovated , especialy TV facility with LED television.

Bali
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

The hotel has been renovated. As being one of the hotel from Dutch era. I expected they would keep the exterior design as it was, but seems they have refubished everything. I didn't feel the atmosphere of heritage building anymore.
I think the management also should train the staff quite intensive as only several of them have a customer service oriented. Most of the times we got nice service from the 'old' staffs.
The new deluxe room is quite comfortable with 'condotel style', they provide semi kitchenette with basin and microwave. The bed and pillows also are comfortable. But the wardrobe is too small for staying more than 5 nites.
They don't have minibar, just a small empty refrigerator. However, there is a convinient store at the ground floor/lobby thay you could buy some beverage or snacks to fill up the refrigerator.
Overall, for the next visit to Bandung I might try the other heritage hotel.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear guest value

With regret I've noted the inconvenience you had encountered during your stay relating to the your comment, Please accept my sincere apologies for these. I've personally shared and discussed with related department heads to fix the problem and to ensure that similar comments will not re-occur in the future.And know, we face off already especialy Brasserie Restaurant facility, quality of room we has renovated .We'r back to natural services "The heritages Hotel with greath services.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

Overall, it's just an ordinary hotel. Tight security, friendly staff, spicious room, choice-less breakfast. Construction on the swimming pool is still in progress. I'd grade it not more than 3 stars.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank James L
Dear James L

With regret I've noted the inconvenience you had encountered during your stay relating to the your comment, Please accept my sincere apologies for these. I've personally shared and discussed with related department heads to fix the problem and to ensure that similar comments will not re-occur in the future.And know, we face off already especialy Brasserie Restaurant facility,Menu at Breakfast very variant , quality of room, we has renovated .We'r back to natural services "The heritages Hotel with great services.