“Very Standard Service and Facilities for Five Stars Hotel”

Prama Grand Preanger
Ranked #28 of 230 Hotels in Bandung
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 3 days. I thought the hotel have a good room but I was wrong. The room is old. The television set is not a lcd tv. Breakfast menu didn't have many variations. No wonder they had low price for five stars hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Erik T, General Manager at Prama Grand Preanger, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear guest value

Thank you for taking your precious time to write a review about your experience in TripAdvisor.

With regret I've noted the inconvenience you had encountered during your stay relating to the your comment, Please accept my sincere apologies for these. I've personally shared and discussed with related department heads to fix the problem and to ensure that similar comments will not re-occur in the future.And know, we face off already especialy Brasserie Restaurant facility, quality of room we has renovated , especialy TV facility with LED television.

I really appreciate your constructive feedback,
We all look forward to welcoming you back here so that you could see the improvement of the feedback you are addressing.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

The hotel has been renovated. As being one of the hotel from Dutch era. I expected they would keep the exterior design as it was, but seems they have refubished everything. I didn't feel the atmosphere of heritage building anymore.
I think the management also should train the staff quite intensive as only several of them have a customer service oriented. Most of the times we got nice service from the 'old' staffs.
The new deluxe room is quite comfortable with 'condotel style', they provide semi kitchenette with basin and microwave. The bed and pillows also are comfortable. But the wardrobe is too small for staying more than 5 nites.
They don't have minibar, just a small empty refrigerator. However, there is a convinient store at the ground floor/lobby thay you could buy some beverage or snacks to fill up the refrigerator.
Overall, for the next visit to Bandung I might try the other heritage hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear guest value

With regret I've noted the inconvenience you had encountered during your stay relating to the your comment, Please accept my sincere apologies for these. I've personally shared and discussed with related department heads to fix the problem and to ensure that similar comments will not re-occur in the future.And know, we face off already especialy Brasserie Restaurant facility, quality of room we has renovated .We'r back to natural services "The heritages Hotel with greath services.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

Overall, it's just an ordinary hotel. Tight security, friendly staff, spicious room, choice-less breakfast. Construction on the swimming pool is still in progress. I'd grade it not more than 3 stars.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank James L

Dear James L

With regret I've noted the inconvenience you had encountered during your stay relating to the your comment, Please accept my sincere apologies for these. I've personally shared and discussed with related department heads to fix the problem and to ensure that similar comments will not re-occur in the future.And know, we face off already especialy Brasserie Restaurant facility,Menu at Breakfast very variant , quality of room, we has renovated .We'r back to natural services "The heritages Hotel with great services.

Reviewed April 2, 2012

I went to Bandung and stayed at this hotel. Restaurant staff very friendly. Front Office not really. Not much options on breakfast.
There were a swimming pool fit out when I was there, Hopefully when it's finished will be better than before.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed March 11, 2012

Stay for a night in this hotel. It was very good experience. The staff has typical Sunda hospitality. The neighbour around the hotel feel very historical with some old building being kept at its original form.
The bad thins was my window was facing to an ugly rooftop which show some aircon cooling devise.
Would live to stay again when i had a longer chance

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank GunBali
Erik T, General Manager at Prama Grand Preanger, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Warm greeting from Aerowisata Grand Hotel Preanger Bandung

Thank you for taking the time to write and give us your valuable feedback and thanks for posting in TripAdvisor ,thanks also for your good comment to us .
I have shared your kind comments to all departement concern who were equally delighted to hear them
On behalf of all staff here, I look forward to welcoming you back and to enjoy another wonderful experience with us .

Reviewed February 4, 2012

This hotel surely needs a major face-lift. And i am not joking with it because last time I stayed here with big group of family and during its peak season of holiday, took us almost half hour for check in despite the empty reception area. they charged us pretty high rates during that time and the room given was not really pleasing at all. it was a big room but pretty out dated and we could smell smoke every where. since it was peak season and almost all rooms occupied so there is not much we can do. also, it seems that we could hear noises because the window was not really that sound proof. there was a party held downstairs near the pool at night and the noise was just terrible. swimming pool and other facilities seem pretty terrible even i did not see many guest using the pool. breakfast was still better but experienced slow services when it was fully occupied. normally i'd give this one a two stars but consider location and other thing i'd say an average for Grand Hotel Preanger. staffs are friendly and helpful though. nothing much to say.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank travelingmadam

Warm greeting from Aerowisata Grand Hotel Preanger Bandung

Thank you for taking the time to write and give us your valuable feedback and thanks for posting in TripAdvisor ,thanks also for your comment to us .

Reviewed February 2, 2012

nice location , friendly staff , fine dining perfect

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

Warm greeting from Aerowisata Grand Hotel Preanger Bandung

Thank you for taking the time to write and give us your valuable feedback and thanks for posting in TripAdvisor ,thanks also for your good comment to us , nice location , friendly staff , fine dining perfect