“Not worth the price”

Bumi Bandhawa Hotel
Ranked #22 of 317 Bandung B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Spent a night here for weekend getaway with family, and it was just an OK stay. We booked 2 Executive Deluxe rooms, and one of the rooms was significantly smaller than the other which is weird as both are same price. The outdoor ground is nice but nothing to write home about, the landscape is their main selling but I have to say that I was disappointed. The pictures made it seem like it's much bigger than it actually is. Pool is small with green water, it didn't look inviting so we decided to skip even though the kids got to enjoy it a bit. I also agree with other reviewer here who mentioned the interior feels cheap with veneered particle boards everywhere, with such setting and architecture I expected more actual hardwood furniture would be used.
The bathroom was very basic and out of date, and hot shower was hard to operate with weak water pressure. Location was also another setback, it was in the middle of residential area so get ready to pass through some small roads with GPS, unfortunately very dark at night. Breakfast was limited but ok.

Bed was comfortable and staffs were also nice so I gave the points for that. However, with the price they're charging, there are many better options in Bandung.

Room Tip: Executive deluxe room on downstairs is very large, the one on second floor is smaller but have large...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Radine39

Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

The architecture and landscape is cool!! Surrounding by pine trees which made this hotel very unique and quite place to get lazy on the weekend. Located near Dago (North Bandung) easy access to many interesting place in Bandung. Room is clean, no bath tub at 2nd floor room #203, but spacious balcony with pool view!! Will come again for sure!! Family holliday will be great here, happy holliday! Cheers

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Nagatimur
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Check in : It was quite bearable for Bandung's standard - 15 minutes - not to mentioned we arrived quite late in the evening. There were nice sofas where we can wait. Surprisingly no bellboy to help us bring our luggage to 2nd floor, but the nice security guy helped us with that. Checkout process was rather lengthy, but to compensate that the receptionist gave us a box of yogurt to be taken back to Jakarta, quite a friendly gesture I should say.

The room : We got a room facing the pool on 2nd floor. It was quite spacious, the beds and pillows were all in good condition, we had a peaceful rest that night. You got a wide balcony (by wide I was talking about balcony with quite wide sofa where you can nap on), The real problem start when we wanted to take shower. The water was either strikingly cold or annoyingly very hot. We couldn't get a warm water at all, we've tried every trick possible! We've called the reception and they sent a technician to fix this, but alas, nothing can be done. The most annoying part of our stay was this shower issue. I got better shower quality on my small studio room back in Jakarta, literally. The amenities given were also quite minimum, though I appreciate the effort to keep the hotel 'green'.

The surroundings: This is the highlight of this hotel. The lush green trees surrounding the hotel complex, the sounds of chirping birds waking you up in the morning, the fresh air, the 'teletubbies'-style playground for kids, the very tranquil garden with loads of comfy chairs where you can just laze around doing almost nothing, the pool... I'd say this surroundings is definitely this hotel's selling point. Some of the garden's part was well maintained while some others need an extra attention

Food : Breakfast was ok, varieties of the food was so-so, but the food was good. Try their room service food for your night craving - it is quite a value for price food and you can taste some delicious local delicacies.

Location : Tucked in the local university lecturer's housing complex, it is actually quite strategic from nearby food and shopping area. The caveat is that you definitely need a car to get to the hotel and get around the area.

Room Tip: Choose room facing pool
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

Some of our friends with children recommend this hotel to stay at bandung. Because we want to stay in city area (not to far but still got the breeze of bandung).
We booked with agoda with few special request (big bed,non smoking room). We checked in at 2 and got the room right away (since it was wednesday and there's only 1 guest...and thats us ^-^)

No bellboy but the security mr.fahmi carried our things to the room (located at 2nd floor at the poolside building).

The room was small and tidy. Not so children friendly because theres to many sharp edge. Little bit dissapointed because the bed was twin. (Later on we moved the beds so theres no gap between...). There was no hairdryer. And the shocking part was.... there's a lot of mold in the bathroom (near the sink,and toilet. Also in shower area). The shower area was really slippery, and on of the shower fawcet not running well.

The room was non smoking but u can smoke at the balconny. So for not smoking family like us. Its really bother us when the room beside us is smoking since the room was not smokeproof nor soundproof. (The management should separated the smokinh room w/ non smoking room)
Few of the staffs were smoking before they delivered our food from the restaurant just passed by. (I can see few of the cigarette butts at the utilities room right before we go down the stairs)
The pool was ok. The restaurant food was good. But the cleanliness at the pool and garden area was poor. Too many cigarette butts and small trash.

The staffs were friendly but still need to improve the cleanliness ...

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank arienda
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Hidden in the housing complex for local university lecturer, this hotel gives a great experience for my family. Stay two night with my brother, mother and father we had a great time playing around Teletubies Hole, reading next to the pool or very cozy couch in the second floor. The hotel provides great books we can read in the hotel area. Because my hobby is reading, it's a great pleasure for me to find lots of cozy places to read.
The staff is more than friendly. Noticing my car is a bit dirty because of heavy, the staff propose to wash my car.
Pine trees, birds voices, and fresh air really makes our holiday to be refreshing.
Though the sauna is not so good, it's not going to ruin the great experience during our stay. I'm definitely going to stay there again if I'm in Bandung.. :)

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank aRkrista
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Bumi Bandawa for three times because we did really love the atmosphere there. The child friendly swimming pool, the pines, the fresh air, its handiness to surrounding eating places. Nevertheless the thin pizza from Poppy Kitchen as the place for breakfast.
But somehow i couldn't stand the shower place. The water run cold most of the time. And lack of amenities. For such price, better of staying in a good chain hotel

Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

I'm just check out from this hotel. Booked 3 grand deluxe room since i came with mom n dad n sis in laws. They all enjoyed the time here. The atmosphere is very exellent especially for my dad in law who had cancer level 4b. It was great vacation for him who is very tired and bored to fly to singapore every two week for his chemo. The kids were also enjoyed their time at pool n teletubies hill. The staff are great, very friendly. The room are great. The bathroom is so so but clean enough. For food, good price but average for the taste. Please upgrade the food taste so we dont have to get out of the hotel. Staying here made us very lazy. And since my mom in law didnt statisfied stay here, we book again for next month. This time we bring the whole family. See you again next month.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family