“Better than most Ibis hotels.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel ibis Bandung Trans Studio

Hotel ibis Bandung Trans Studio
Ranked #24 of 225 Hotels in Bandung
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Better than most Ibis hotels.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

I went here with friends to go the Trans Studio theme park. I booked three rooms all twin beds. The place is better than most ibis hotels around the world. In Indonesia, ibis is looked as a mid-end hotel whereas anywhere in the europe it is considered as a budget hotel. The room is slightly bigger than typical ibis room. No hassles upon check in, comfy beds, and I really had a good sleep. The only thing I dislike was I wanted non-smoking rooms, but one of the rooms smells like it was a smoking room.
The place to get around is many, but limited mode of transportations, I really reccommend you to come here with a rent car or you just hang to someone's car. Really close to Trans Studio, but if you want a premium service you can try Trans studio hotel, which is located just beside the ibis hotel.

Overall, it was a very pleasant stay and I would love to come here again if I come to Bandung again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Hotel ibis Bandung Trans Studio, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Sir, Madam,

Thank you for sharing your experience following your stay at the hotel and for providing us with a very positive rating.

I am extremely happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Please rest ensured our associates will be congratulated for their good work.

Renting a car in bandung is not really the best way to travel in town, sorry for that. We have bluebiord taxi station at the hotel and as the taxi rate if very low (below 1 US$ for 3km) I suggest guest to always use our taxi services.

We look forward to welcoming you back at ibis Bandung trans studio on your next trip to Bandung.

Patrick/ GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Putrajaya, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

I book 2 rooms since its offer very good rate. Heyyy...it allowed us to early check in at 1.00pm with no extra charge...tq sooo much. We got rooms at 21 floor of top 22 floor...what a great view with whole City of Bandung.

The rooms are clean & comfortable. The staffs are very helpful at the lobby. Even one of the security staff accompanied me to the grocery shop.

Heyyy...the hotel attached to big shopping mall & indoor theme park Transtudio. My kids played there form 3pm to 9pm until it closed.

Room Tip: Asked for higher floor for the great view.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank PakNgoh
Dear Sir, Madam,

I fully agree with your comments on view and 22nd floor. Usually we allocate 21st ad 22nd floor for our "le club" members.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

The hotel is just nice for 2 pax coz it's small. More that 2 pax will be too crowded. Comfortable small bed & pillow. Nice to have mini fridge inside. Safe box easy to use. Near modern shopping centre but far away from other attractions. Breakfast is good.

• Stayed October 2013

Darwin, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights in December 2013. Very busy hotel but adequately staffed with friendly reception people. With the crowds lift service can be slow. Rooms were excellent although bathroom possibly a bit awkwardly designed. The buffet breakfast was excellent also although incredibly busy. They do recommend quieter times and i would follow this advice. The hotel is situated adjacent to Trans Studio Theme Park and Mall which is fantastic although not necessarily convenient to anything else in Bandung.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sir, Madam,

YES we try to convince guest to avoid queue at front desk as well at the breakfast and give some special advises for their stay.

Denpasar, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

Like the title says, everything is perfect except the lifts. Room is clean and comfort, bathroom is small but it's alright, hot water and aircon are works just fine. I've got nice view from my room facing the city around.

One thing that you should aware is the lift. There are 4 lifts available all the times, but if you are going to the lobby from your room at 9 - 11 AM you will suffer from a lots amount of queue. It took me and my family about 20-25 minutes to get to the lobby.

Well, I only gave 4 stars because of the lifts... :)

1 Thank I Wayan S
, General Manager at Hotel ibis Bandung Trans Studio, responded to this review, December 9, 2013

Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

Spend 2 night at this hotel, location was near trans mall studio so it was easy to go to . The room and bathroom was very clean, but the bathroom was so small. The variation of food was good. I choosed this hotel because it is near my bussines location, but if you want to enjoy bandung city, maybe you have to looking for other hotel that near city.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sir, Madam,

Ibis hotels is a three star hotel, we provide 3 star bedrooms, bathroom and service for a 3 star rate. we have now some 1200 hotels under the portofolio of ibis brands.

Bogor, Indonesia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

My daughter is a fans of malls so to satisfy her I booked Ibis Bandung which is adjacent to Trans Studio Mall.
Arrival was nice, parking lot easy and check in process was easy. No hassle. It was perfect.
First disappointment was when I found out that there is no Pool or kids entertainment. We have to pay 200 K rupiah ++ to use Trans hotel facility. Ok so it is only room and shower.
Ok my daughter passion is the Mall. Pool is the her second passion. Lets see the mall. Trans Studio Mall.
We went there about 19.00 and surprisingly air condition was not working! Mall is barely empty. Lack of visitors. Even though many branded shops are there.
I am starting thinking that I have made a wrong choice.
Room Service was good. We ordered Lamb Chop, Piza and Prawn Ceaser Salad.All were delicious!! Well done!
We stayed there for 2 nights. The last day I checked out at 08.00. I was trying to bring my luggage my self to B2.
First attempt no luck. Lift was too busy full with people who had breakfast. Return back to my room and asking for bell boy assistant. Again no luck 10 minutes no Bell boy showed up. I decide to go back to the lift with my wife and 2 kids brought those 1 suitcase with some small bags by our self. Again lift was too busy. The trick was go up to level 22 and then went down to loby. We were stayed at level 12.
Good we were at Loby now. Check out process was as easy as check in.
We skipped the breakfast. Long Que to get a seat.

Overall I give a 2 ratings for my experience at Ibis Bandung Trans Studio.

Would I go back again? With family definitely no. Business maybe.

Pros:
Parking, Front Office, Room Service, Staff friendliness.
Cons
Kids entertainment, Lift Busy. Small Rooms. Breakfast Que.

Room Tip: Seems all rooms are the same. Try lower level so you can access loby by stairs. Lift are extremely...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Aditya L
, General Manager at Hotel ibis Bandung Trans Studio, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear Sir, Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience in Ibis Trans Studio Bandung, during your last visit.

When we receive feedback such as yours we take it seriously because it allows us to evaluate our service and facilities.

However, please accept my apology as we are not able to provide kids club and swimming pool. But I will be more than curious to check with you where didnt you find our promotion on pool and on kids club as we never advertise any....

I personally travel a lot of with my kids and always check in advance for room with kids comfort, beds, pool, kids club etc...so I suggest you check for your next holiday what is the hotel proposing to you in term of comfort, kids area etc.

Once again, my sincere apologies for the inconvenient. Should you need anything during your stay, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards,