“perfect for a weekend getaway”

Hotel ibis Bandung Trans Studio
Ranked #24 of 226 Hotels in Bandung
Jakarta, Indonesia
“perfect for a weekend getaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

the hotel is conviniently located in the mal area. went there on ramadhan season and had additional perks; room promo/ discount, free breakfasting and free breakfast/ sahur. such a pleasant stay on my weekend getaway since i wanted to explore the shopping centre, went to cinema and enjoyed the sightseeing. what else can i say? ^^

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Hotel ibis Bandung Trans Studio, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Mrs Estyindra,

Thank you for sharing your experience following your stay at the hotel and for providing us with a very positive rating.

I am extremely happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Please rest ensured our associates will be congratulated for their good work.

We look forward to welcoming you back at ibis Bandung trans studio on your next trip to Bandung.

With best regards,

Patrick / GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

If you decide to visit bandung city west java Indonesia, you beter stay at Ibis Bandung Trans Studio. the reason is, easy to fine a food, and many good place.
the hotel is integrated with the mall (trans studio mal). that is the biggest mall and very complete and exclusive mall.
if you like to going to the theme park for playing and having fun, just walking 5 minutes and you will reach the Trans Studio Indoor Theme Park.
there are in the same complex with Hotel,Shooping centre and theme park.

Room Tip: chose the non smoking room...and higher room, so you got the best view of bandung city
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Asmin_Ciu
, General Manager at Hotel ibis Bandung Trans Studio, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Sir,

With best regards,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

I came back at night to the room and opened the safety box. But the safety box couldnt open. I had tried so many time when i set the password in the morning and i believe that the password i set and key in is correct.
After that, i decided to read the step to set up the password. I tried the default password which is 1111. And it opened! It was very ridiculous because i had set the password and could open in the morning, but at night, it couldnt! I remember that my friend ever told me that he left "some" of his money inside his bag when he left it in the room. So i decided to count the money. The money was actually 2000,000 rupiahs, but then, the money became 1900,000 rupiahs. I really believe that the money I count is correct bcs I had count so many time in the morning before i left the hotel!
After that, i decided to go to the front desk to tell the story. The front desk staffs was very polite n he showed that he wrote the summary of my story in the paper.
But when i was checking out the day after, no one show that there were nothing happen, and show that no one put effort at all. The staffs didnt Update to me anything as he had promised yesterday.
I understand that its just a very small amount of money, BUT, for what the safety box is? I do believe that it DOESNT happen only in my room. I am very disappointed that the staff just only could be polite but failed to give a good service by ACT which is the most important thing.
This should be happen in IBIS hotel, because of the well known brand under accor. It happen twice bcs my friend also had the similar story with me.
The hotel is nice and clean, but please, do not left anything even inside the luggage with no padlock, or even in the safety box.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank corryoct
, General Manager at Hotel ibis Bandung Trans Studio, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Sir,

Many thanks for your comments. Very sorry for the inconvenience caused.
I am not aware of your problem but need to inform you the following:

Each safetybox is equiped with a code to open the door when you arrive. YES password is 1111 (to OPEN ONLY FIRST TIME) then you have to input new code and valid it. Once the code is validated, no one can open the safetybox without you. If you loose your number, Front Office will have access with a special machine who include a password. Safebox will be open in front of you with usual witness from security. Report at front desk will be done on proper report logbook.

So your comments are very interesting but doesnt reflect exactly the situation/procedures.

Be aware that if you do a proper complain, we will investigate:

1) Who came to your bedroom, what time, with witch key. (key memory system)
2) Camera of CCTV are on all floors, so we can also see clearly who is going to your room, what time, from where etc.

So for future stay, if you ahev any problem, feel free to contact me and I will be pleased to explain in detail our complete procedure.

Staff at front desk are working on shifts, 3 shifts a day, so it will be really rare to have same front desk agent evening AND morning. Security is available 24hrs for reporting.

Just a remind; access to floors is exclusively open to door keys.

Staff at front desk are always available to show you how to use the safety box.
Information on paper are also available on the safety box itself.
The safebox is a laptop size.
After some 250,000 customers in 1.5 years this is the very first time I receive such comment. So I think our procedures are right even if tiem to time we may face difficulty due to languages or any.

Again, sorry if misunderstanding.

Best regards,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Checkin was quick, hotel is located besides trans hotel, intergrates with trans studio mall as well. Room is clean, bed is good for backpain. Internet connection using free wifi id. Cable is an optional, need to ask the front desk. Bathroom is clean, amenities not complete, only shower cap and soap, no cutton butts and comb, no brush and toothpaste. Shower has moulds, led lights sometimes turn off by itself. Room floor is slippery using wood panels. Has safe deposit box and small fridge that does not work. 32" lcd tv with channels from telkomvision. No pillow menu. Additional pillow cost another 30k rupiah. Overall, good value for business traveller. Would like to come back..

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing the ibis Bandung Trans Studio for your stay in Bandung.

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the bedroom facilities in full. I will make sure this comment is forwarded to our Head Housekeeper.

Regarding the internet, as you may be aware we have free internet via cable or wi-fi. But I am always afraid to have no cable available that's the reason internet cable is available and free at front desk.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and I hope you will give us the chance to welcome you and your family back again soon.

With best regards

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

I came with my family and booked two rooms but the room and bathroom to small even we booked two connecting rooms. When we came we have only one room reserved and need additional room but fortunately the Receptionist service was excellent. He helped us to find connecting room. He served us politely, patient and very generous.
Amenities was not complete, there was no toothbrush and toothpaste.
Restaurant cafe is too crowded but the service was good enough.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

, General Manager at Hotel ibis Bandung Trans Studio, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Furla,

Giving ONE dot for an hotel you say "GOOD ENOUGH" I cannot imagine when you are disapointed as you are giving us the minimum and not average...strange and totally unfair.

Your stay was on peak season of LEBARAN 2013. I suggest next time you come when the Lebaran is finish or during the Ramadan.,...hotel will be half empty...no guest and perfect service...if you manage an hotel with an average of 1200 guests every day you may understand time to time to have one negative comment from guest and I sincerely appologize if you are unhappy about your stay.

We have refused some 6000 guests during that period.

For amenities, maybe it is your very first time at ibis? ibis is a standard hotel chain with standard amenities. We provide toothbruch on demand...just call fron desk and we will be pleased to provide if for...free...I am sure you had found a telephone inside the room??

Restaurant too crawded...see my first paragraph...

Looking at your other ocmment in Solo,......Please do not compare novotel solo and ibis bandung, not same classificaiton of hotel not same rate, not same period, not same rate...

Best regards,