“Such a Perfect Hotel in Bandung”

Hotel ibis Bandung Trans Studio
Ranked #27 of 232 Hotels in Bandung
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank shiefung
Management response:Responded August 13, 2013

Write a ReviewReviews (1,280)

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Actually this is a good hotel with great location, and also still new, so all the property still in mint condition. The only problem is with the professionalism of their staff. Since I'm using my Le Club Accor membership point to stay at this hotel, I only need to pay a portion. But, from the beginning, their reservation staff charge me full amount, then after I called them, they cancel it, but their make the second mistake with charge me with the amount of my point redeemed, instead of the amount that I supposed to pay. After I complained again, finally they understand with the mechanism of point redeemed. But, the problem doesn't stop there. Their front office also made problem, they asked me to show them my point redeemed voucher, they doesn't understand that in my reservation, I choose online redeemed point, that doesn't required any voucher. After I complained again and again, their superior (I guess) excuse that they didn't receive any notification from their reservation department. They asked me to forward my booking e-mail notification.

I think their staffs didn't trained well and many miscommunication between them. From many IBIS hotel or Accor Hotel I stayed, I think this IBIS Bandung should learn to respect customers.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Eben17
Management response:Responded August 12, 2013

Warmest Greetings From Ibis Bandung Trans Studio,

Thank you very much for your nice review. It provide us your feedback on your last stay with us. We are pleased to read your comment.

For your additional information that we are providing free WIFI everywhere at the hotel, as well as cable internet in room for non Wi-fi equipment.

At ibis Bandung Trans Studio, we do our best to provide a superior service experience for each customer. That’s why your feedback is so important to us.

Regarding your comments on our LE CLUB program, I think there is a kind of misunderstanding; Le Club card is NOT a discounted card, Le Club provides you some privileges as last minute booking, better reconization from all Accor properties etc. Le Club card will give you points. These points are echangeable by other fantastic advantages with partners as airlines etc. Once you stay at any accor hotel you will get credit of POINTS, these points are cumulated and can provide you free stay at Accor hotels or change with our partners. Again sorry if it is a bit confusing for you.

The only thing we need to be sure is that your points for your stay at ibis bandung trans studio has been credited after check out. If you face any problem on this, feel free to contact me directly,

Feel free to contact me directly for your next stay in Bandung.

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Dear Mr. Patrick and Teams,

I stayed at your property this weekend (10 - 11 August 2013) when I am sure your hotel occupancy was fully booked at that time....Nice job...

During my stay every thing was in properly...from the check in process - breakfast and check out...well done...

But, wise man said...there are no perfect things in the world...i have a few comments especially when i have got my breakfast as follow:

1. The menu was great but for " ayam masak kari " menu a little bit stench smell but it still in good taste.

2. Your FB guy - Pak Ari - was very helpfull and friendly...you should be glad having staff like him.

3. It would be great if you could added some Bandung traditional menu such Kupat Tahu and or bandrek beverages.

Overall it was a good journey even I finally got experienced to queuing up the lift...hehehe...

Thank you and keep up the good work...

Room Tip: The higher floor you got...the cooler you get...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded August 11, 2013

Dear Mr Yon,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay at ibis bandung Trans Studio. The constructive feedback provided by our guests allows us to enhance the level of service we aim to deliver throughout the hotel and we greatly appreciate your comments.

As we aim to provide our guests with an enjoyable experience, elevating your concerns during the time of your stay would have given us an opportunity to rectify those issues, as we have a number of connecting rooms available for families.

I would like to thank you for the kind comments about the staff and the service.
We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to ibis bandung trans studio

Every saturday you have a special buffet "sunda" where guest can enjoy local food.

During lebaran time, we serve an average of 1300 breakfast and 350 dinners. It is a bit difficult to be sure everyone happy about food and buffet, we make a "fusion" buffet between local food and international. Yes our property is full for 26 days this month.

Best regards,

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Before you stay here, please decide where d'u want to go in bandung. Unless u just want to spend whole day in trans studio and the mall nearby. Becoz this hotel location is far from other tourist area. The room is standard, same type as the ibis sheungwan hongkong. The rate, well i'd rather stay in Dago or Setiabudi area wih the same rate with pool and better breakfast. Be careful when u travel with your kids, there's no swimpool/playground unless u want to spend 200,000, for using trans hotel facility. Overall, just ok...

Room Tip: no nice view, only the crowd of neighborhood.
1  Thank adekusuma
Management response:Responded August 11, 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for choosing the ibis Bandung Trans Studio for your stay in bandung.

Ibis hotel standard doesnt have swimming pool. That's why we never advertise about the pool. Our sister hotel next door has agree to accept our customers for swimming, not for free of course.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and I hope you will give us the chance to welcome you and your family back again soon.

Location of the hotel is not the best you are saying, depending what is your plan. if you wish to go to Trans Studio or to visit all the outlets, ibis is the right location...for sure.

With best regards

Reviewed August 1, 2013

The hotel is part of a convention complex, annexed to a theme park and one of Bandung largest shopping mall. This is where you can be entertained and do business at the same time.

Our stay coincided with a large group from the company that owned the hotel. Checking in was understandably slow. And on top of that, after so much time spent in checking in, the room card key was not working. We had to return to the reception for replacement keys.

The room was the new Ibis standard. Simple, functional, and quite comfortable.

The hotel has no swimming pool. But if you want to swim you can use the pool of the 5 star luxury Trans Hotel next door. I'm not sure if I got it right, but to use the pool you must pay a certain fee.

The food was pretty good. I've been to other Ibis hotels, and I think this one hit the mark for such standard. And of course, the breakfast buffet includes my favorite of all: ground coffee machine. Yay!

Access to the mall is easy, so whenever you want to get a different taste, it's just a walking distance away.

The hotel is way on the far side of the city, so I don't think it's a good choice if you plan to go around Bandung. But if you want to enjoy the theme park and the shopping mall and the surrounding areas, this would be a good choice.

Room Tip: If you happen to check in during a busy season, it would be a good idea to ask for a room on lower f...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Stephen S
Management response:Responded August 1, 2013

Dear Mr Stefen,

Thank you very much for providing us with your positive feedback. We are glad that you had enjoyed your stay and found our staff helpful and very accommodating.

We had shared your comments to our staff and on behalf of our staff we would like to thank you for the recognition as well as the compliments given to our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future at ibis bandung trans studio.

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Cannot fault this hotel for functionality. Decent comfort level for the budget conscious. Room is small but well designed to make good use of available space. Only drawbacks were 1, the free wifi keeps on auto logging off every 15-20 mins, 2, water seeps out of the shower compartment so a part of the bathroom is always wet and 3, there is only one elevator which leads to the carpark.

Hotel is located beside Trans Studio and is self sufficient with a large supermarket within the extended compound. However, expect really bad/slow traffic leading up to the main areas where the factory outlets are. Not the best location if you intend to visit the FOs and it is actually took me around 1.5 hours to reach the hotel from Toll Pasteur on a Saturday.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank EastMeetWest2
Management response:Responded July 31, 2013

Dear Winston99 ,

Warmest Greetings From Ibis Bandung Trans Studio,

Feel free to contact me directly for your next stay in Bandung.

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I recently stayed here for two nights and everything was fine,the room size was ok especially for me as a young single traveler,to be honest despite it's budget hotel but the bathroom size was too small
It was Ramadan time and they offered an all u can eat buffet for only IDR 68 at Oopen Resto, confidently reasonable.
Overall, It's recommended and worth to visit

• Stayed: July 2013