“Comfort Hotel at Bandung”

Hotel ibis Bandung Trans Studio
Ranked #25 of 231 Hotels in Bandung

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 14, 2013

The room is great. Modern and simple renovation to make you feel at home.

The bathroom is minimal so there isn't much of a bench for you to put things.

We were picked up and driven around everyday so not too sure about the accessibility of public transport in the area.

It is linked to Trans Studio so you can say the hotel comes with an attraction in a way.

Printing documents was a little troublesome as they didn't seem to get the emails quick enough.

I did some foreign exchange at reception for AUD20. They inspected my note several times and needed manager approval. I expected a little more from the management team at Ibis.

There were several Malaysian tours during our visit so getting up was a problem but there was a staff to manage all the guests. We were quite pleased with that.

Some guests were playing cards in the hallway.

Last note- wifi and breakfast are complimentary for all guests!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
, General Manager at Hotel ibis Bandung Trans Studio, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Cateyneow,

Many thanks for your comments. I have noticed all your comments and will double check some reasons of errors especially on the emails...

Please note for the bank exchange it is very hard with the banknotes to get exchange in indonesian rupiahs for us at the bank. If your bank note have a small dot, a different ink color or any the bank reject it. I already talked to several banks but they just need to have new bank notes. for exemple US$ have some rejected years, numbers etc, and they reject others. strange.

Again thank you for your very nice comments, hope to see you again in Bandung very soon.

Best regards,

Patrick / GM
Reviewed July 13, 2013

IBIS TransStudio is a nice place to stay and very comfort. All of the staff are very friendly. The room and amenities are very nice and clean. The only disturbance is only the location, where is quite far from the interesting places, except Trans Studio.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

, General Manager at Hotel ibis Bandung Trans Studio, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Warmest Greetings From Ibis Bandung Trans Studio,

Thank you very much for your nice review. It provide us your feedback on your last stay with us. We are pleased to read your comment.

Well, in regard of your comments on our hotel location, we are at the trans studio complex, and this is why ibis has been built but if you are looking at Gedung Sate (10mn drive) or even all the factory outlets (15mn drive) we are really in the right location. But it is true that during peak season due to trafic it is quite hard to go to city center from any place of Bandung.

At ibis Bandung Trans Studio, we do our best to provide a superior service experience for each customer. That’s why your feedback is so important to us.

Feel free to contact me directly for your next stay in Bandung.

Sincerely Yours,
Patrick / GM
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I booked 4 rooms for me and my friends' holiday. 1 queen room for me and my husband and 3 twin rooms. When we arrived, the staff said our rooms will be available for check in at 2 o'clock. This is totally fine. So we came back at the said time, tired and weary, having to wait in line again to get the room keys (after being registered before - and the staff said we will be able to immediately check in at 2 o'clock) , and found out that 1 of the room was not ready yet and it was 2.30 already. Seriously we were VERY DISAPPOINTED especially they CANNOT give us the exact time when the room will be ready. The staff wasn't even trying to call the housekeeping or whatever. I told him my disappointment and what they can say is they cannot do anything. When we asked which room was not ready, the staff said it was the queen room. So me and my husband have to stay a little while at our friend's room. We wait for about 30 more minutes until our room was ready and I even have to call the operator twice to make sure they prepare the room fast. When we get to our room, it was the TWIN BED instead of the QUEEN ONE. so I called to the op again and talked to Yovi, the duty manager, and he even says stupid excuses about the staff's mistakes. He said they never promise check in at 2 o'clock but starting from 2 o'clock - well guess what? that's not what the staff told me before. He also said that his staff said it was the twin room that wasn't ready. I have 3 of my friends to confirm that he said it was the queen room! I only asked them to be proffesional instead of making silly excuses, and he doesn't even give me any solutions.
Reading from the answer of the general manager's answers to complaints here, I can see why their staffs will always make excuses instead of trying their best to serve the customers to their satisfactions. One of the answers even tell the reviewer to review his/her position. Claiming that this is a 3 star hotel with 4 star service. From my experience, and I have traveled to many 3 to 7 star hotels around the world, this service is the most terrible one - and doesn't even make it to 2 star hotel service. You can read it on your own.
The small sized room and anything else doesn't matter for me, but for the crazy service you get here, definitely doesn't worth your money. You could get much cheaper hotel in Bandung with much better services.
If you wanna stay here, be prepared for the terrible service.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank mscatherina
, General Manager at Hotel ibis Bandung Trans Studio, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear Madam,

What a surprise and why you didnt try to contact me or my assistant?

YES the month of JULY is the higher mont of occupancy in Bandung with school holidays. It happens time to time as we are facing a 100% occupancy every day to have 1 or 2 rooms with problems, means ready at 2.30pm instead of 2pm due to late departture of the prevuious guests, non allocation of twin instead of double. From 30mn delay to your comments....there is space for non-serious comments.

Sorry for that but I dont see the point and why you put ony 1 point on our service and hotel. I suppose maybe you are not travalling a lot dufgint high season and if you stay in 6 star hotels I suggest you stay at our sister hotel the Trans Hotel just next door who is offering fantiastic rooms 6 star property at good rate. I have no excuse on service but I have excuse for teh date, if you come next week durign ramadan, I will be pleased to let you chose your room...deal?

For info until today there is no 7 star hotel in the world, (maybe on another planet??) but maybe you found one and can share with us your experience and rate you pay? Ibis charge an average of 45 to 55US$ per night and you expect to compare our property with a 'SEVEN" star hotel? What do you mean? I really dont understand, guest are sending so many happyness by our internal survey guestbook, so many on trip advisor...you mean all guest are not saying the "truth"?

Pls contact me if you need more detail and I will be pleased to discuss with you.

Regards,