“Best Hotel To Stay”

Ranked #24 of 226 Hotels in Bandung
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Best Hotel To Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

Just to let you have an idea, i have stayed at many Sheraton & Hiltons and the likes. This hotel is definitely perfect for a stay. Very clean and design is ergonomic. Service level is fantastic, they actually have a 15min service level agreement which they actually respect and perform towards. If you are a person who visits Indonesia you will know that finding English speakers is a problem, however the hotel has very fluent English speaking staff and very friendly.

The venue of the hotel is perfect! Food is great. I really don't want to over praise the hotel as this review would just look not realistic. You need to experience it yourself. I would definitively love to see this hotel opening branches in more countries.

Thank you Ibis management. Excellent work!

Muqtadir.

Room Tip: Any room is good, no high rise buildings near by anyway to block the view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank MuqtadirSuwani
Patrick S, General Manager at Hotel ibis Bandung Trans Studio, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Dear Sir,

I sincerely would like to thank you for taking the time to address your concerns, as it will always help us improving the quality of service.

At Ibis Bandung Trans Studio, we do our best to provide a superior service experience for each customer.

It is nice to compare our simple hotel with the 5 star international chains, we are happy to be the best 3 star and we are not trying to be better than 4 or 5 star hotels.

Kindest regards,

Patrick / GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

Lots of new Ibis looks like this. Modern design, with minimalisl look. The room is enough for your bed only and the bathroom feels like you are inside the airplane. The wall between rooms is not made from concrete, and no sound proof at all. Not suitable for family, no space to add more bed for child.
Overall, the hotel is clean, employees are serving you well. The only advantage is that going to TransStudio and the mall is walking distance.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear Sir,

Yes it was the peak season, i checked with your name on our systems and it was during lebaran time, the highest occupancy of the hotels in Bandung... so you may understand why it was a bit busy everywhere, roads, toll road, hotels, malls etc.

Ibis rooms is a standrd bedroom of 18m2 with a real comfort according to the existing network of ibis hotels (more than 1000 hotels) and all amenities are same in all ibis hotels.

Kindest regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

I had stayed at IBIS Hotel on a business tour for 2 nights. Although the hotel doesn't have any scenic beauty from the rooms, however the hotel is perfect for business stay or a short stay.

The location of the hotel is excellent with shopping mall and Trans Studio Bandung just right on your door step. The hotel room was small but very neat and clean. Staff was helpful and friendly. The staff were attentive and responded positively and quickly to all my requests.
I think this hotel is decent value. They have a wide variety of breakfast buffet to indulge you, taste amazing, overall breakfast was a great experience for me.

So I don't hesitate to recommend this hotel to those who decide to visit Bandung

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Patrick S, General Manager at Hotel ibis Bandung Trans Studio, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Madam,

Warmest Greetings From Ibis Bandung Trans Studio,

Thank you very much for your nice review. It provide us your feedback on your last stay with us. We are pleased to read your comment.. For your additional information that we are providing free WIFI in lobby and restaurants areas, as well as cable internet in room.

At Ibis bandung Trans Studio, we do our best to provide a superior service experience for each customer. That’s why your feedback is so important to us.

Your comments will be shared with all managers.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

me and my husband were stayed here during holidays (I guess it was peak season),

we were in queuing line for check in and spent more than 30 minutes. it was very crowded and the staff was struggling to handle the customers.
the room is very very small and the bathroom is like in airplane, so very small.
toiletries are very limited, we must call for room service twice to get toothbrush.
we had broken air conditioner controller, so although it was set for 25' celcius, I think it still on 18' celcius.

the only thing we like from this hotel is the location which is attached with trans studio and bandung supermal.
since we are not coming back to trans studio, that was our first and last stay at ibis bandung.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank IndoTravelerGurl
Dear Sir,

At ibis hotels, worldwide we don't provide toothbrush. In economic hotels we try to give best service at minimum rate and all ibis are same level of service and provide same amenities.

Regading the queue on check in, after verrification at the front office, you arrived early morning when the hotel was fullybooked due to Lebaran time and we gave you the key of your room before 2pm. 2pm is the check in time for our property. So the queue was for the check-out time...not for check-in.

We always keep a desk for early check-in so I suggest next time to see what is on the desk (check-in, check-out or information desk). As we have 6 counters, it should be easy for your sto see where you may have to queue.

Feel free to contact me if you have any question, I will be pleased to personally welcome you if you inform me the next check in date and time.

Have a nice day.

Pekanbaru, Indonesia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Check-in was smooth & a bit take long time due to the slight queue which is long. They need to provide another check-in desk. We were greet by Ms Retno with beautiful smile and sincerity. We have a small chit chat. Two thumbs up for the Front Liner service. Service was great at the front but getting fed up with the cramped to take a shower, The bathroom is too small and the water is easily out from the bathroom.
After we took a shower, we went down at the Oopen Restaurant. The service is very much different with the front liner. The service at restaurant is racist. They really take so much for the "non-Pribumi" and the most important, they prioritize for the staff of Trans Corp. We also pay stay here, but why they differentiate the service. The offer us the best Pasta in town. We are not sure for the taste, then we just had a drink there.
Overall the stay experience was great except the service at the Restaurant. Even the manager just talked with the staff from Trans Corp (maybe is one of their owner).
Hopefully, the management able to handle the racist service at the restaurant. Have a good day for all.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Radian H
Patrick S, General Manager at Hotel ibis Bandung Trans Studio, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear Sir,

Ibu retno was also pleased to welcome you. Our hotel is always a bit busy and most o fthe customers arriving same time.

RACIST is not in our vocabulary.

We serve all guests with same smile and service.

Thank you for staying with us. We hope you enjoyed your stay.

Regards,

Patrick
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

Stayed here on the weekend of Sept 1st. Chose the hotel for the location because I had business to attend close to the area & because I have Accor Advantage Plus membership. The hotel was quite busy on the said weekend. Check-in was smooth & doesn't take long at all despite the slight queue. Upon check-in, I requested a smoking room as my travel partner was a smoker. This decision turns out to be quite unwise. The room smelled very strongly of smoke, presumably from a previous occupant. I did immediately called the reception & tried to change to a non-smoking one; however the request was not entertained - reason given was that the hotel was fully booked & I that I should stick the room I pre-booked. Again, the room decision was made upon checking in, at most approx. 20 minutes before the request to change. So not pre-booked online as the reception 'insisted' I did. I didn't pursue the matter further however. Went to the Hero Supermarket at the adjacent mall, bought an air freshener, sprayed the room & all is well again in the world. Even if you are a smoker, I'd suggest not smoking in the rooms as it seems that there isn't really sufficient exhaust for the smoke. Go down to their nice cafe downstairs, with some tables allocated for smokers outside & have a puff with a cup of coffee.
Sound insulation is also not great. Our row of rooms have quite a number of children staying there & when they run around the corridor (shouting at each other too) it got quite noisy.
The overall cleanliness was okay. The room is comfortable for 2 persons. Bathroom is pretty small though. I really wished they had had better pillows, but appreciate the extra pillow they had ready in the room. Otherwise sleep was alright. TV Channels is adequate. Breakfast is very busy but choices & supplies are fairly good. Do get to breakfast earlier (between 6 - 7.30 latest) for a bit more comfortable breakfast experience. Wifi in the common areas are good. I used my own Telkomsel modem in the room, signal was very good. Parking was also convenient in B2 & B3 below the hotel. I like the location because it's not too central in the tourist areas, and having the mall right next door is great for getting the basic needs & other meal options. I found the staff & service to be cordial. All and all, I'd recommend this hotel for a good value stay in Bandung.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Patrick S, General Manager at Hotel ibis Bandung Trans Studio, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Dear Mr BebeKumaat,

it is a bit hard to reply to your comment; If you ask upon check-in for a smoking room, you have some chances the smell from the last customer. I understand your point as I really hate myself as a non smoker, to go inside a room who smell cold tobacco.

I take your comment positively and will plan a clear action on it to be sure it will not happen anymore. The exhaust in rooms are done according to law.

One more comment...sorry...@ ibis bandung trans studio internet is FREE in rooms, dno need to bring any modem...and our connection is the fastest one available.

Have a good day.

Makassar, Indonesia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

I stayed with my family 4 days after lebaran....it was an excellent stay with average on food and beverage.They recommend us to get their pasta.....and it was not delicious pasta if I compare with the pasta at House of Pasta or Italian Pasta at Dago area. It’s better you do compare first before you recommend us. Anyway, the Soto Ayam is very nice.They also need to work on the lift....because it was queuing all the time. However, this is a strategic hotel which is placed in one complex with trans studio, mall. Which is you can go to shop at the mall, but also playing in trans studio just by walking.The hotel is average in service and also the rooms is modern minimalize. Another thing is the Housekeeping Staff were did great job. Thank you for Pak Dedi and Team.

Another bad part is, the parking lot entrance is near the exit parking of the mall, hopefully management able to handle this problem. Because you will got a long queue. I don’t know whether I will stay here again or not

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Herdi S
Patrick S, General Manager at Hotel ibis Bandung Trans Studio, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Dear Sir,

A bit confusing comment today;

- You like the hotel and give us a quite low note...
- You don't like our promo pasta? see the comment received yesterday...confusing.
- We try to do our best and serve the best fusion food in town including home made pasta. Pasta in town are differents, and please compare our promo rate today...you'll stay with us.

Your comments have been carefully taken into consideration and reported to our operational department as well as our Management Team. I'lll personaly eat the pasta again today torectify if necessary the recipes. trust me if something is wring we will modify immediately taste and service.

Have a great weekend, thank you again for your notes.

best regards,