“Very Good Location”

Ranked #24 of 226 Hotels in Bandung
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Very Good Location”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

Thanks to TripAdvisor who have this program to accommodate the comment from us. It's good location, but the hotel is average. Average in service and cleanliness. For the food is good enough for us. The taste is ok and the varieties are good. Not sure whether we will stay here again.

Room Tip: Corner Area
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Sweat_12
Patrick S, General Manager at Hotel ibis Bandung Trans Studio, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Dear Sweet 12,

Thank you for sending your comments on trip advisor.

When you say hotel is average I am not sure I understand, sorry, we are an ibis 3 star hotel, we are 100% standard of ibis so, I am not sure...average for 3 star, average hotel? all ibis hotel bedrooms has same size, same bathroom, same bedding etc. Today we have more than 1000 hotels around the world and 20 in Indonesia only, ibis is certainly one of the best economy brand hotels. If you need better rooms, larger bdroom space, Novotel is your hotel for the future, ibis remains an economic hotel.

The ibis rates are dynamic according to seasons, day of the week etc, so it may change time to time.

Hope you'll change your mind and come again to taste new menu a la carte and new items on buffet.

Best Regards,

Patrick / GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

I stayed in Ibis Hotel during their opening period and got a very cheap promo price.
The room is typical Ibis: clean, comfortable enough, without any frills. The building is brand new so the facilities are still in an excellent condition. It has so many rooms that the lobby atmosphere could be very busy. The breakfast area is really big compared to other Ibis hotels.The front desk service was good, fast, and efficient.
Ibis Bandung is perfect for family getaway in Bandung area. Ibis Trans Studio is directly connected to Trans Studio Mall which has Trans Studio theme park as the main attraction and also plenty of restaurants, shops, and cinema.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Patrick S, General Manager at Hotel ibis Bandung Trans Studio, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Dear Mr Arimbi,

Thank you for sending your comments via trip advisor.

I personally appreciate your comments especially for areas, lobby, breakfast, access to Trans Studio etc.

Yes we are new, Yes it is the right hotel for visiting Trans Studio and Bandung in General due to location, we are only 10mn drive from most of the OUTLET FACTORIES in Bandung, very efficient and good qualities. Regarding Food and Beverage of course you have hundreds of restaurant at the Trans Studio mall (directly connected to ibis) but you may try our Oopen restaurant, especially during the fasting month as our rate and food quality are recognized as the best rate and food in town...don’t miss it, you still have only 17 days before the end of the Ramadhan.

Patrick / GM.
Ciamis, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

I had a tremendous experience staying in this hotel.early july was a busy time for this hotel......but all the staff know how to treat a busy man (well trained indeed).
The hi,sign,bye the staff offer me during check in was a excellent solution to avoid queueing on check out.....simply wave your hand...hahaha.
The room was enough, clean and cozy.....for sure I had a good night sleep. All my request was always fulfill within 10 - 15 minutes, nicely done.
The restaurant, open restaurant ( if im not mistaken)....they had a very busy breakfast time....i had my breakfast at eight, and all tables was full.....but amazingly the service staff was always smiling,courteous and helpfull.....also the food, hundreds of people taking the food but the food were always there and delicious....dinner time I was served by a waitress that offer me the nicest caneloni with carbonara sauce, they cook it live and they also have home made pasta.....i order one and deliver it to my room after I finished my caneloni.....
The location is a one stop destination....they have everthing surrounding the hotel.
They just need to work on the lift....but it was worth to wait.
At first im asking why this 600 rooms hotel was always full.......and now I know why they always full.

• Stayed July 2012
Patrick S, General Manager at Hotel ibis Bandung Trans Studio, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Warmest Greetings From Ibis Bandung Trans Studio,

Thank you very much for your nice review.

It provide us your feedback on your last stay with us. We are pleased to read your comment.

At Ibis bandung Trans Studio, we do our best to provide a superior service experience for each customer. That’s why your feedback is so important to us.

Your comments will be shared with all managers for improvement,

feel free to contact me directly for your next stay in Bandung.

Sincerely Yours,

Patrick / GM
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

I have been to most og Ibis hotel through out the world.... And I love Ibis coz their rooms are big and confortable. Thats for me it is important.
I hope the hotel can extend the limit of free wifi to 30mins instead 15min.
What I like most about Ibis is the choice of breakfast and Ibis Bandung is not exceptional. For now they provide more choice then any Ibis i have been. Keep up & hope to come again there soon.

• Stayed July 2012
Patrick S, General Manager at Hotel ibis Bandung Trans Studio, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear Rajagurun,

Many thanks for your nice comments on this website. Regarding our timing system for WI-FI at lobby and Oopen restaurant, we have no choice...too many kids are playing on computers on line and we had decided to limit at 15mn to be sure they don't stay 4 hours and many guest waiting.

This was my decision and I think many guest can understand.

There is no perfect system for wifi and we try to have 2 computers for games on line and two computers for businessmen looking at their emails etc...will be implemented very soon.

Ibis breakfast is a standard, you may find more or less same quality, choice and taste in most f the hotels ibis in indonesia. A local dish is necessary.

Again thank you and hope to see you in Bandung again.

Have a good day,

Patrick,
Bandungan, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

Three stars hotel with five stars services. Very friendly and helpful staffs

Room Tip: Higher floors for smoking floors
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Patrick S, General Manager at Hotel ibis Bandung Trans Studio, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Dear Mrs Acha 64,

Many thanks for your short comment,

We, at ibis always share teh good and even bad comments with the managers.
Hope to see you very soon in Bandung again.

Patrick.
Bogor Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

I booked throuh accor and got good deal promo price.

Once I arrived the hotel, there were very crowded people in lobby, either people for check in or check out. So I couldnt enjoy ambience in lobby so crowded. However one thing isnot the nice in lobby, I saw about five desk plus once desk for accor for check in or check out and only two who open. I couldnt understand why in busy time only two desks open so the line were so long. it also happen every day during my stay, many people to serve only two desks were active.

despite those above, staff were very friendly and helpful. i ordered room in higher story and i didnt feel statisfy with room due the view, staff was helpful to change my room so i got room with bandung city view.

the room is also nice. it was not big but not narrow either. it's just fine. too bad i think the bath rom is very small. breakfast selection was also not bad.

location is nice but you couldnt walk besides only to mall below the hotel. you have to have ride if you want to visit bandung iconic places.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Hotel ibis Bandung Trans Studio, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Dear M Ekalagam,

Thank you very much for comments on trip advisor.

We’ll arranged a special VIP treatment for you at the ibis bandung Trans Studio for your next visit. I am hoping that your experience at Ibis will not restrain you from having an enjoyable stay.

Once again I sincerely I hope that you will stay with us in the future.

Very Best regards,

Patrick.
Jakarta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

Me and family went to Bandung on last month for shopping (we love shopping anyway), we haven't make a reservation on that day, then we decide to stay at Ibis, as we know its a new hotel in Bandung. When we came, the reception was very friendly with their sincere smile, and the lobby was busy but fine. We need three rooms at same floor, but she said (forgot the name) the hotel is almost full, so we have 2 rooms at same floor and 1 room at different floor, we understand cause we just came directly, not even make a reservation, but they really helpful by giving the best, good points at the first moment. i like :)
In the evening time we're planing to go outside, but when we ask the staffs at the restaurant, again, they're really so helpful and friendly, "what is the inside of the restaurant?", he answers "you can directly go to the mall and trans studio thru this restaurant access, tomorrow breakfast is here and if you wanna having a dinner we have the menu for you", wow..completely glad to hear that., and we decide to having shopping at the mall, many things you can see in the mall, we love it.
Breakfast was so good with very busy restaurant, we know at the last the hotel has around 600 rooms, i cannot imagine they have to facing this everyday, no worries about waiting the table, the restaurant is so huuuge, they has a greeter to help us, the food is tasty delicious and the price of breakfast is very make sense, i wonder who can cook for thousand people everyday with the good taste.
Checking out was simply, cause i sign the agreement on their program "Hi sign bye" that offer when i check in, so we don't need to wait in long time.
All is good, as a new comer business. Success for the friendly staffs and marvelous service even they're looked tired, we don't need to go outside the area, the hotel has EVERYTHING to visit.
My advice just please add more elevator if possible, but its not a big deal if the hotel has everything we want. No regret at all to visit!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for comments on Trip Advisor today.

many thanks to spend such long time for so many posiutive comments. I appreciate and will share with all managers your comments,

Regarding the lifts, I agree with you that 4 large lifts for 606 rooms, it is a bit small capacity when you have so many guests per room, especially during the school holidays inJune / July. But somewhere, this is only for 1 month time and the investment once the hotel is already open, may be a bit expensive for the owners...but I will try to find a solution, maybe increase the speed of the lift, or even build a new lift outside the building as we may have some space around. Actually each lift is built for 20 pax, so we may have 20 x 4 lifts = 80 guest in less than 2 mn from top to ground floor...on paper it is ok but ....not always like this when full of luggages etc...I may review.

I sincerely would like to thank you for taking the time to address your concerns, as it will always help us improving the quality of service. Your comments have been carefully taken into consideration and reported to our operational department as well as our Management Team.

Once again I sincerely would like to apologise for the experience you had at Ibis bandung Trans Studio and I hope that you will stay with us in the future very soon...

Patrick