“Good Hotel, Great Service, Real Value For Money”

Hotel ibis Bandung Trans Studio
Ranked #24 of 231 Hotels in Bandung
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Stayed for 7 nights with 4 rooms for a party of 10. Had been staying in Accor Hotel chains for the last 5 years and had found the Ibis to be on par with the rest. This Ibis is very new, rooms well appointed with good beds and nice toilet facilities. We paid about US$27 per nite under the Accor 50% off room for June. Being beside SuperMal had its advantages with good shopping, FnB and the Hero supermart where u can even choose your fresh seafood n they will cook or grill it for u free.

Breakfast was good and cheap especially if using the Accor Advantage Plus Card.

The staff are well trained and always there to please and make your stay comfortable. Of notable mention was Hindi from front desk, Ogi from the restaurant and Teguh from Concierge who went well above the call of duty to assist.

Transportation wise, if you do not plan to rent a car with driver to go around town, the Ibis has a steady pool of BlueBird Taxis parked at the lobby that you an use to get around. These taxis have GPS and go by the meter. For your return trip you can call them for pickup easily. The average cost from the Ibis to other city attractions is about IDR40K depending on traffic.

Will definitely return again!

Room Tip: Choose the rooms on the 7th and 8th - the connecting rooms are good.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AudiA4B7
Patrick S, General Manager at Hotel ibis Bandung Trans Studio, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2012

Dear Mr Audi,

many thanks fo ryour comment, always appreciate your very positive feedback.

Call me when you are in Bandung again and I will be pleased to have a drink with you.

Kindest regards,

Patrick

Write a ReviewReviews (1,288)

Reviewed June 5, 2012

I stayed for 2 nights in this hotel with my wife for the weekend. The service was very good, my room was very clean, all the staffs were helpful and friendly. Breakfast was delicious and it has a lot of choices. The location is fantastic, its near Trans Studio and shopping mall, so we didn’t need to go far away for shopping and eating. The entrance gate was under renovation, so it was a bit confusing where to enter the hotel, but overall we are satisfied with this Hotel.

2  Thank ryan_wirakasa

Dear Sir,

many thanks of your good feedback during your stay this week,.
Always appreciate when the customers are saying positive guest comments.

feel free to contact me for your next ibis experience.

kind regards,

Patrick

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Thank you for TripAdvisor who can give us the feedback.
This hotel is not worth of what you pay. I paid almost Rp.580.000 (because it's weekend)
Not very good attention from the Management. The service is not superb. They only pay attention for the guests from Trans Studio, but not for us. Have to wait to be seat in the breakfast time. There is no apologize word coming from the manager. When we order thru room service, we have to wait for about 1 hour. The staff said because the oopen restaurant was busy. For sure, I will not stay at this hotel again. Only when there is no hotel in Bandung.

2  Thank elangputih

Dear Sir,

Many thanks for your feedback. Even if you are unhappy about your stay we would like to confirm the following points:

rate during the weekend is much higher than weekdays in bandung for all hotels, by paying 518,000 during weekend you are staying in one of the cheapest hotel in bandung...you may check before to say "expeensive"

Service not superb? we are a low profile 3 star hotel and provide 4 star service. Ibis Bandung propose breakfast from 4am till 11am during weekend....is it poor service? maybe you can review your position after reading my answer.

the day of your brekfast we had a lot of customers but no one was waiting for btreakfast, your choice was room service and take a bit of time (22mn exactly) to deliver to your room, we have checked it.

Hope you will come back with better impression on our hote next time, I am always available.

regards

Patrick.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Stayed at the 19 Floor in 1916.
The service is not excellent, may be because it's 3 star hotel or maybe because of many guests stay this hotel. The room service had to wait about 45 minutes. The cleaning service not so detail, still found dirty at the bathroom. Hopefully, your management can take action on this, since this hotel still 2 or 3 month old.

Room Tip: Please ask the room with the road view. Don't take room service. The service is too slow
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank jeniferTTT
Patrick S, General Manager at Hotel ibis Bandung Trans Studio, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Dear Mrs jennifer,

I sincerely would like to thank you for taking the time to address your concerns, as it will always help us improving the quality of service. Your comments have been carefully taken into consideration and reported to our operational department as well as our Management Team.

Patrick / GM

Reviewed May 18, 2012

I stayed here with my wife and my son at may 17th only for one night. I wanted to stay longer but there were no room left available, so we had to move to another hotel for the following night. The check in process was very easy, quick and very friendly. The hotel was pretty clean, but the lobby was a little bit too hot maybe because it was very crowded, maybe you should maximize the aircond. The room rate was very cheap (only Rp 306 k using Bank Mega credit card). The room was quite comfortable, and the bathroom was clean. But please mop the floor under the bed, my little son crawled under the bed and he got out dirty full of dust. In the morning, when we wanted to go down, it took about forever waiting for the elevator. There were more than 20 people waiting for the elevator, and the elevator was always full. But overall, it was a very nice hotel and I will stay here again if the normal room rate is reasonable enough. Btw, I saw a big white haired guy walking around telling people what to do, I think he's the hotel manager Patrick. I wanted to say hi, but he looked so busy I didn't want to disturb him :)

2  Thank Andhika A
Patrick S, General Manager at Hotel ibis Bandung Trans Studio, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2012

Good evening from Ibis Bandung Trans Studio.

The Big guy with white hair is happy to answer immedialtey to you (I like the sense of humour as French) and to thank you very miuch to spend such long time to give to all customers a complete feedback.

Yes my hair a bit white, my body a bit big (not fat thank you) but my spirit very young and happy to serve all customers by giving proper product, proper service and right room.

A few points, about the lift, it happens time to time, especially during breakfast time to wait 2 to 3 mn for the lift, sorry for that, but when you have in house above 1000 guests, alsmost every night, it is hard...even if we had 6 lifts instead of 4...I dont see how to handle this...It happens to me long ago to wait more than 30mn sometime but NOT at my hotel, in another property (non ibis).

Regarding the dust on the floor, we will re-inforce your message to housekeeping immedialtey, it should not happen. Sorry for that.

Next time, please stop me at any time, any place inside the hotel, I am working for hospitality and hospitality is to say "HI" to everyone, even to 1000 guests a day...I will.

Bets regards,

patrick

Reviewed May 11, 2012

My family was stayed in Ibis Bandung Supermal hotel for 3 nights during last school holiday on 12th march 2012.

The front line staffs was trained, friendly and provided us an excellent service. We booked 2 rooms via phone call but forget request for 2 connecting rooms. Their try the best to provide us a 2 connection room on 7th storey.

The room is clean and amenities, fully with standard facilities except a small fridge.

Fast and effective service for our room call service, e.g. open the connection rooms door and shower room water choked.

The location of the hotel is good, just next to Trans Studio and a shopping mall, but only disappointed during the period the construction work still in progress in this hotel became a bit noisy and dirty.

My family was happy and enjoy to stay in this Ibis hotel for our holiday in Bandung.

We strongly recommended to our friends this hotel due to their good value and excellent service

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Chelsea2002
Patrick S, General Manager at Hotel ibis Bandung Trans Studio, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2012

Dear Mr Mrs Chelsea,

Good to hear you stay was excellent last March just after our opening.

And glad as well to inform you that our hotel is now 99% fully open and NO MORE NOISE inside the property. It was a difficulty for all of us to get some feedback on the building project but now all done properly.

The fridges will be installed next month inside each room, we have confirmed new order as the first one was not safe...

Hope to see you soon again @ ibis bandung trans studio.

Kindest and Hospitality regards,

Patrick.

Reviewed May 4, 2012

The hotel is conveniently located within the huge supermall and entertainment center, infact the Trans studio, Bandung's largest theme park is just located next door.
The wife love it so much, its definitely the best three star hotel Bandung has to offer, great staff and superb service.
Great value for money, will definitely return on my next trip.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Sir,

I sincerely appreciate your comments and will definitely pass them to the concerned departments. I am sure that our team will be delighted to hear that your impression of our hotel is very positive.

Best Regards,