“Good FO to visit, recommended!”

Rumah Mode Factory Outlet
Ranked #5 of 148 things to do in Bandung
Reviewed March 30, 2014

It has a huge collection of (quality) colthings, so make sure you cater enough time. It's also one of the few FOs which carry executive clothes (dresses, blouses, skirts, blazers, cardigan), very reasonably priced.

There is a cafe within the compound, good for family members to have a rest while waiting for other members to complete their shopping spree.

p/s: I was sceptical when I read reviews that said this is a must-visit. Now I am convinced!

3  Thank mrslye
Write a ReviewReviews (1,036)

Reviewed March 15, 2014

This is the FO 'Must Visit' when you in Bandung. This place its more than just a FO, this place also has restaurant, coffee shop, little bakery and for sure nice garden and atm center. This place it's always full and crowded, I suggest when you visit this place - come in the morning around 10.00am so you can enjoy your shopping time without any hustle and bustle.

Rumah Mode Factory Outlet also good for family, children friendly, the garden its so beautiful, nice fish pond, shady and also secure.

The price little bit high than the other FO in Bandung, but I think it's worth. A lot of stuff collection, price middle to up, if you lucky you can find the good brand items with the reasonable price like Zara, Gap, etc :) Happy Hunting and Shopping.

2  Thank clavi_bali
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I think this is the one that almost all Bandung tourists will visit. Heard that the prices here are still slightly higher than other outlets, but the selection is certainly much better!

2  Thank Travel_Open_Minds
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Bandung is known for its Factory Outlets and affordable high quality branded goods and I recently experienced and it was not as described. I went to majority of the FO highly recommended on the internet and only Rumah Mode is the only place worth a visit but don't expect too much.

The premis is huge, like a small town. There are separate outlets for bags and shoes, restaurant, cafe and food court. Taxis are easily available.

I stayed in Jalan Acheh, 5 mins walk to the popular FO zone in Jalan Riau and the FO there is really not worth your time. You could spare 2hours to walk around and try out a few outlets though.

Drop by Kartika Sari (bakery) in Dago on your way back to hotel for its signature layer cake.

1  Thank koshpat
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

I'm writing this review as I'm sitting outside of RuMod's store waiting for my out-of-town guests shopping. First of all, I am a local, born and raised in Bandung for the first 16 years of my life, but I spent the next 16 years in the US. Now, these so called factory outlets started sprouting up in Bandung about 10+ years ago, and RuMod was and still one of the better one out there. I remember that it was known as a store of "sisa export" or leftover export merchandise that probably didn't make the cut because of defects. Usually the tags are cut off to disguise the brands. So, of course they are not original FOs like you can find in the US, like prime/premium oulets, and I dont think they claim to be. Come on, I find it funny to read reviews that say they are selling all fake goods and ask people to stay away. I don't know if I will call them fake, because I'm pretty sure at least some of the stuffs are exactly the same as what I found in a US mall. The identical stuffs that I've seen before were not expensive brands, more like banana republic and express shirts, made in indonesia, which you can buy in the US for $25~40 (not luxury brand), now why would you somebody produce a fake of such products. Here you can buy them for half off or even less, and I choose to believe that those are really *sisa export*, and thus good deals instead of fakes.

3  Thank VFWinata