“Nice place to stay”

Ranked #17 of 311 Bandung B&B and Inns
Leiden, The Netherlands
“Nice place to stay”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed with a big group in the top floor family room.
It was clean we had 2 TVs with 40+ channels, 10 beds (2 downstairs and 8 upstairs), a mini kitchen and 2 bathrooms (1 shower and 1 bath)
The place was clean. Everything looked pretty new. The staff were good too. Friendly and the breakfast was good too.
I can't think of anything to complain about to be honest.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank bahia83
Dear Bahia83,

Thank you very much for your kind review. Your feedback is highly appreciated and will assist us in further upgrading our guest services and facilities.

The Team and I look forward to be able to welcome you back some time in the nearly future.

edo@villadamar.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed November 25, 2012

stayed for 1 night, it's a value for money.. 1 big room with 1 bedroom, 2 bathrooms, and a mezzanine with 3 queen size beds. quite a nice place. food is also good (breakfast). the location is also good, since it's very near with rumah mode and also several factory outlets.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Nduti
Dear Nduti,

Thank you very much for your kind review and I am very pleased to see you enjoyed your overall stay with us. We are striving to provide the best service and facility to our guests.

I look forward to see you return to Villa Damar in the nearly future.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Clean, reasonable rooms - no TV. Staff is very friendly, very helpful and accommodating. Restaurant food is ok, but there are others nearby that are better. Refreshing temperature at night especially at the restaurant and they serve coffee 24/7. Mosque nearby is a bit loud. I would definitely stay again when in Bandung.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Mormolis
Dear Ms. Mormolis,

Thanks for your kind comments about your recent stay with us. I hope to be able to see you return again soon.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed August 16, 2012

we took the biggest room which can accommodate 10 people.Friendly staffs, 5 king bed with clean white linen,2 flat screen tv , comfortable sofa and bean bag, water machine, microwave, fridge,dining table,2 beautiful toilet(one with bath tub), hair dryer and safety box in the wardrobe. they have everything you need! Location wise, its 5min walking distance to the Rumah Mode which located at Jalan Setiabudi.The villa is just a short distance away from the main road(Jalan Setiabudi). There are a few cafes with different theme if you walk to the other end of the Jalan Setiabudi. Its quite easy to get the 'angkut'(their public transport) across the main road. The only set back of this villa is the water pump in the villa is not functioning or they dont have a water pumping system. And the water heater is a little slow that the water heater will go on and off during showering. Other than this, it was a great stay for us!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank huiyee
Dear Ms. Huiyee,

Thank you for your valuable feedback to this questionnaire. I am very pleased to see you enjoyed your overall stay with us. We are striving to give the best service and facility to all our guests.

I look forward to welcome you back to Villa Damar Bandung in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

Love the bed & linen..
Delicious food.. A must try Crispy Orange Beef..

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Ms. Laila,

Thank you very much for a wonderful review of Villa Damar Bandung. We are striving to serve only the best to our guests. I am very pleased to see you enjoyed your overall stay with us and hope to be able to welcome you back in the future in teh nearly time.

Malaysia
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Villa Damar is actually a nice cosy Villa if only there are fully open and functional.When I was stepping in...I was like WOW..! Unfortunately there are not ready yet...So much needs to be done.

I booked my room from Booking.com @ affordable price.Since it is new, so why not, rite? from the website and pictures ..it looked nice.

According to Booking.com..My room should be 42 square metres.Spacious room opens out to a private balcony and comes with free Wi-Fi.

Room Facilities: Air Conditioning, Ironing Facilities, Soundproofing,Seating Area, Sofa, Tiled / Marble floor, Bathroom Amenities, Toilet, Bathroom, Slippers, Bath or Shower, Telephone, Satellite TV, Cable TV, LCD /Plasma /Flat-screen TV, Tea/Coffee Maker, Refrigerator, Wake Up Service, Balcony.

So, I tot wow..What a bargain. so why not give it a try.

When I arrived there..After a delay flight from Spore...What I got was a small room. Nothing as described! I was so mad and disappointed as Im travelling with my 6 yo son + hubby.I felt like i've been cheated.Went down to the Reception and asked for explanation. The Lady manager said, this is what you paid for. I said NOT! Asked her to go and check at booking.com. She did...,and yes I was rite.as the descriptions of the room clearly stated there. Perhaps a misunderstanding between Villa Damar and Booking.com... But it was nt my mistake..

So she gave me a 2nd room. So funny. the room actually the same size as the 1st room and it was 2 single beds..with a small sofa and very cramp....I asked for King size..and She gave me the same room but worst ? At dat time, I was really MAD with her...We were so tired...and ure giving me a same room....? It was ur mistake..and ure Villa nt even running 20% occupancy so Why not just give the room the one mentioned in Booking.com. rather than losing a business.So I just waited there ...see what is their solution...Finally she gave me a corner deluxe room. Which is bigger than those 2.

When I entered the room...and checked my feet...OMG..It was so BLACK.!! I really feel like checking out on the spot but looking at how tired my son was..i decided to just take the room and have a rest after a long day!..They sent housekeeping to do the mopping.

There were no Safe deposit box. U cant even call out as their phone line is not functioning well yet... Their balcony? Dont even think of opening d door. Nothing to see..All I can hear...the hammering n so on...

Btw, I checked with booking.com...They finally changed the room descriptions.

Bfast @ their Resto - Asked for toast bread wth jam n butter..There sent me 2 sliced of bread. No butter No jam..why? coz they havent got it yet. I dare nt to eat the Fried rice and fried Mee...it was so cold...I dare nt to drink their tea as..the place where they did the tea/coffee....is where those carpenters still doing their work....Imagine the dust going into the food and drinks...Also perhaps, installing block out light curtain..Imagine at 6 am..the sun shines so brightly at you...How can we sleep...

I cant sleep well..as you can hear their carpenters were knocking/hammering n so on.It was so noisy. Thanked God, I was only staying there for 2 nites...Cant wait to go to Sensa Hotel.

Spa/Resto - not available yet

The only thgs I like about Villa Damar apart from the location is also their Staff. They are fabulous.

To the management, if you are reading this, I just don understand...why started a business when you are not ready yet ? Why not, make sure everythg are ready, then open.
You don know who is coming to stay there and write a review about your Villa...but Im sure U do want guest to remember Ur villa and write a good review about it..Thats when, the business is coming in..Perhaps ure aiming for certain type of guest..Well, I dont know.. I myself an X hotelier..So I do know how does a Villa/hotel operates.

Why throwing $ to pay for labors/utilities when your occupancy is so very low..The $ you wasted can be use advertising/promo n so on.
Honestly, Villa Damar is not ready to welcome guest yet..But Im sure very sure once ure open...it will be great place to stay..I hope..or else it will be such a waste...

Will I be back ? So sorry, I wont. But all the best to Villa Damar & the team.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family