“Artist Residence or Robber Residence ?”
Review of Imah Seniman

and 1 more site!
Imah Seniman
Ranked #161 of 226 Hotels in Bandung
Bandung, Indonesia
“Artist Residence or Robber Residence ?”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Imah Seniman, pronounce as An Artist Residence. A friend refer me this resort. They have suites in the wood, named "TI'IS" and "CA'ANG". Therefore I made reservation on Dec 16, 2013 for Dec 26 - 28, 2013. The FDO told me that TI'IS and CA'ANG already booked by that day. However they still have another suite in the same wood, called "DAUN RONTOK". I think that'll be fine, what else could be wrong for a suite. The FDO asking 30% Down Payment upfront for confirmation. Therefore I transfer the amount immediately

We arrive on Dec 26 earlier for lunch before check in. After my lunch I went to FD for check in. They prepare the room and escort me to "DAUN RONTOK". What surprise me is that "DAUN RONTOK" completely different from TI'IS nor CA'ANG as reference. It have wall brick view instead of forest, it located at the back of another suite that more closely for maid's room. Quite disappointed at first appearance, I went back to FD asking if they still have another suite available. They offer me another suite which face the fish pond. I thought it'll be ok. Fish pond sounds better than brick wall. Again the room boy escort me to the room. What a surprise, the window don't have glass on it or anything for it. You can jump from terrace to the bedroom from it. The door lock is broken. Guest can not lock their door. That makes two. Again I went back to the FDO. This time, their supervisor I guess approach me and told me that they still have one executive room available. For this, they won't charge me for extra cost. I believe that the best they can do. Once again the room boy escort me to the executive suite uphill. Far further from the suites in the wood. I'm expecting a better one that the other two. When I arrive at the executive what surprise me is they only offer spacious bedroom and nothing else. The building itself looks more older than the suites in lower class. One more thing, they are building concrete road right in front the rooms with their dust and noise.

I can't understand it. More expensive rooms with lower services. I think this is enough. So I went back to the FDO and cancel the reservation since they cannot give me what they offer first. The suites in the wood. They said it is OK for cancellation, however they cannot refund my upfront 30% down payment. It's house rules. A house rule they never explain when guess make reservation. At that time i feel more in Robber Residence instead of Artist Residence.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Henky H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Indonesian first
jakarta
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Vit takes only 2 hours from check in to check out. the room is totally different from what we saw on the web. the hot water is not working properly, the line telp was not working and we had to move to the next room. the hotel surrounded by dirty environment. the spa service was not available, the security said the spa staff was gone home already, while the FO staff told us they are in service. We wonder, why miss world came to this place? it is not a resort hotel that we expected.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank rraymond29

Travelers are raving about these Bandung hotels

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

The resort is quite okay, very natural place back to nature, love it.

Some minor need to be improve, like the executive suite resort we stay is attach with the neighbour, and the sound from next room you can hear clearly in our room and its quite annoying.

The water system also need to be improve, the water from the drain is to small.

Overall the resort is quite okay if you want to go back to nature

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in suite room, imah apung. The room is large enough, there's a cracking sound from the wooden floor. The bathroom is poor, dirty and smell like cockroach living there. There's a problem with our water heater that we can't take shower with the warm one, fortunately we had our family staying in executive room, so we took our bath there in the tub.
By the way, there were many ponds there, you can fish or take the kids feeding them with bread or rice, or going around with canoe (free, but you should row the boat yourself), there's a horse riding too. Hadn't try the resto. And maybe the spa is nice (wanting to try it, but it'quite pricey)
Hadn't explore much there because we have other places to visit. Overall, it's a good hotel but just don't expect too much

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Come to this place for relaxation and a touch of nature. This place is "something different" from all the holiday spots we stayed in before. I prepared my kids beforehand to manage their expectation of their idea of a "hotel". We got two connecting rooms of "Kliningan" and "Ronggeng" with the lake right out of our windows. We researched the place and brought fish food, and the kids are thrilled feeding the fish every chance they got. We were there at the middle of the week, which was great and we practically had the place to ourselves. We enjoyed fishing, boating around the lake and my kids got some painting instruction from a professional painter. I really suggest that you try the spa. You can call the therapist to your own room. My therapist's name is Vina, and she combined relaxation and Thai massage. I know a thing or two about messages, and she was good. So good that I asked her to come back the next day.

I have to note that breakfast was rather limited. It was not buffet style. They claimed it was because there were not many people in the hotel at the time.

I do have to mention the friendliness of the staff. All of them are very helpful, down to the security guards.

All in all I enjoyed our short holiday at the resort. Lembang itself offers quite a number of attraction around and the location of Imah Seniman is right in the middle of them.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Tremblay-En-France, France
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We booked Gamelan Junior Suite for 7 - 10 Sept. It's the room with lake view and closest to the small waterfall. We opted for this hotel for it's natural surrounding and since it's in Lembang, it's already fresh without air-condition. The rooms have nice design and spacious. I personally love the old fashion green tile in our room that reminds me of my great grandmother's house. They dont make those tiles anymore in Indonesia.

There's a canoe your can use for free on their lake, a swimming pool (not heated), a fishing pond and a spa.

During weekend, the breakfast buffet is open air style on the restaurant area, food stalls / carts are available along the restaurant street, you take what you want then find your seat. During weekdays, breakfast will be delivered to your room with the same choice as you found on buffet (Bubur Ayam, Kupat Tahu, Nasi/Mie Goreng, Nasi Uduk, bread & surabi, omelet, fried traditional snacks along with coffee,tea and orange juice).
Something a bit funny, my husband loves bubur ayam so much that he only eats that in the morning, every morning when I called for breakfast, they always said it's unavailable (they do have plenty of other choices though, it's just us being picky) but after we said "it's ok, we'll just take the drinks", someone suddenly come with 2 bowls of Bubur :)

The staff are very helpful and they react quite fast to your request.

We'll consider it excellent if they improve several things :
- They put wooden branches for natural touch under the sink but it doesn't cover the pipes so it seemed unfinished.
- A shower curtain would be great so the toilet & toilet paper, which is next to the shower, wont get wet.
- No hangers for clothes in bathroom.
- The hot water runs out very fast. Luckily the staff react very fast if you point this out but if you're not a morning person or in the middle of shampooing, you might be grumpy.
- As indonesian people tend to throw things in running water so there are garbage in the river at Imah Seniman (except the one under the entrance bridge).
- I understand that the idea is natural atmosphere and fortunately their property is huge, but there are some ruined buildings, stacks of wood and tires that's not exactly pleasant to see. Some cottages look old too.
- After the first night, I notice some odor coming out from the bathroom. Howeverit's gone by the time we returned from sightseeing.
- During weekend, the hotel opens their ground for public, they sometime leave trash on trees and on the ground, quite noisy too when they take pictures. So if you want to be here for romantic getaway, weekdays are better.

Room Tip: The Junior Suites or Honeymoon suites are newer and cleaner, but if you're a light sleeper, dont...