“Falling in Love with Welcome Greeting :)”
Review of Amaroossa Bandung

Amaroossa Bandung
Ranked #14 of 230 Hotels in Bandung
Reviewed April 13, 2014

When I came, I was greeted by the friendly staff with warm smile. when I entered the lobby, it looks luxurious. when the check-in process, it's very easy even waiting a few minutes, but it's not a problem.
I assisted the staff to showed the room, pool area, kids corner and fitness area.
very nice room with a unique concept.
excellent service when I needed something.
I was not wrong to choosen this hotel to spent my days in Bandung. Near the factory outlets, and many cozy places around the hotel.
Thank you Amaroossa Bandung.
recommended :)

Room Tip: Don't worry about the standard room type. Because they have a fairly spacious rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
AmaroossaHotel, General Manager at Amaroossa Bandung, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Dear Pak Budi,

Warmest Greetings from Bandung.

Thank you for your review on a TripAdvisor and we are pleased to hear your experience during your stay with us, I will definitely share this positive comment to all staff who deserve to receive it.

Appreciate your comment and we look forward to welcoming you again in your next visit to Bandung.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Me and my husband were expected more good facility cause when we made book at their website is looks luxury, comfortable, and perfect - but its faaaaaar faaaaaaar faaaaaar away from our expectations! ants at the bathroom, bedroom, also couple of it at the bed! some of them also in my husband clothes, and the very bad things is NO WIFI at the bedroom!!! OH MY GOD - I never stay in the hotel without wifi at bedroom before. Too less light in the bedroom, the wall isn't good colored - broken buttons from the light, the buttons was fell down when I want to turn on the light, omg. Air conditions also isn't good working - isn't cold at all, I was ask for double key card for the door, cause sometimes me and my husband were go out and we need card for each other but the hotel didn't want to give to us - the breakfast is TERRIBLE! It's not fresh, too less choices, they have no orange juice! the bread taste like a **** so me and my husband decide to eat only the fruits slices, but even the fruits also terrible, so many fruitflies into that fruits slices, can you imagine to eating it? maybe the fruitflies put their **** and eggs there - Never ever again stay at this hotel. Better they close this hotel.

Room Tip: Looks for other hotel don't choose this! wasted money!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jessica M
AmaroossaHotel, General Manager at Amaroossa Bandung, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Dear Ibu Jessica,

Thank you for addressing your feedback and I really appreciate it.

Immediate action has been taken in regards to ants, temperature of Air conditioning and unpleasant feels for double key cards request,

and for wifi system, we provide LAN cable in the room and it is in our plan to provide all with wifi system in all hotel area, schedule to finish by mid year.

Your comments help us to identify areas of improvement and we do apologies for this inconvinience.

Hoping you can give us an opportunity in servicing you again in a better quality of service.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

The good:
- located within walking distance near FOs in Riau area. I recommend Secret, Heritage, Cascade, Summit
- near a good restaurant, 5 min walk to d'Palm
- nice decor
- spacious room, clean
- good breakfast spread
- friendly staff
- reasonably priced

The not so good:
- sound proofing is not good
- in the morning, they blasted music as early as 6:30am from the common area, stopped only when we called
- wifi is only available in common areas, not in the room. Mgmt said will be available in room end of 2014.

Room Tip: Choose higher floor
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank mrslye
AmaroossaHotel, General Manager at Amaroossa Bandung, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Dear Mrslye,

Thank you for giving us a review and happy to know that your stay is a good one. some valid points in WIFI and sound proofing rooms have in my notes in making this challenge solved soon.

Looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

We stayed at Amaroossa Hotel, Bandung for 3 nights. Upon arrival, we gave our hotel voucher to the receptionist. She didn’t read the voucher carefully and almost gave us Deluxe room, as opposed to the Executive room that we've booked. We have to point out to her that we ordered Executive room.

When we first enter our room, we’re welcomed by a very strong smell of insecticide, and it didn’t wear out for several hours. The room was quite spacious and there were a working table at the corner of the room. The bed and pillows were comfy. The LAN works well, although you need to ask for new internet password every day.

Our room has connecting doors to the next room. I’m not sure if that’s the reason, but we can sometimes hear the sound in the next room. We can also hear the sound of children playing and running in the hallway and also the noise when a wedding is held in the ballroom. However, we can always turn on the TV to muffle the sounds.

The variety of food for breakfast are not much. They offered mostly Indonesian and Chinese food. The omelet was actually very small for one man portion. I saw the cook divide the eggs to three portion in that small pan. If you want sausages, you need to order them in the egg station too. What’s more annoying is the cleanliness of the restaurant. The knife in my table are not properly washed and cleaned. There were ants swarming the eggs in the porridge station and small flies flying around the tomatoes in the soup station. The staff were very friendly though.
The location of the hotel is great. It was quite near to shops, restaurants, etc. If you drive your own car, you might find it challenging to find a parking lot. However, there’s free valet parking, which is a great solution to the problem.

When we checked out of the hotel, I left my scarf at the room. I was already on my way when I realized that it was left. So I called the hotel and the receptionist said he will check it and get back to me as soon as possible. It only took less than 5 minutes and he already called me and informed that they've found my scarf. I drove back to the hotel and get the scarf back. Thank you for that!

Overall, it was a nice stay and the staffs were smiling all the time.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank st3rika
AmaroossaHotel, General Manager at Amaroossa Bandung, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Dear Ibu Rika,

Thank you for your feedback and my apologize for unpleasant experience during your breakfast, we have communicated with department concerned and make sure to solve this problem shortly.

Look forward to seeing you again in a very near future.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Nice room, purple ornament, large room. The best is the breakfast, with lots of choices, and the best part is there is chicken feet dimsum "ceker ayam"..very delicious. It near many shopping outlets just walk about 15 minutes, very suitable for staying in Bandung for relaxation and enjoying shopping near the hotel. The staffs were helpful.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank indocampus2002
AmaroossaHotel, General Manager at Amaroossa Bandung, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear sir,

Thanks much for your review. Good to hear that you were enjoyed stay at Amaroossa Hotel.
I will convey your positive comment on breakfast to our chef and team.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Bandung.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

My husband and I are from singapore and we have decided to stay at Amaroossa due to the good reviews we seen here. Airport to the hotel was just a short 15 drive away. If you take a taxi from the airport, prepare to get ripped! But thats always the case when u take a taxi from any airports in the world.

A tip here I have learnt during my 6 days stay in bandung... there are many companies of taxi in bandung... Will only advise you to take either the 'Blue bird taxi' or the 'AA taxi'. Blue bird is a blue coloured taxi while AA taxi is in a bright yellow colour. I have took their taxis and the drivers are all very professional and decent. The other taxis I took were horrible, there was one instance where I took a taxi to 'The valley' which is on top a hill. The meter only showed 28,000 rupiah but the driver demanded 50,000 rupiah from us!! Maybe he know that we are tourists and try all means to rip us off. I only paid him 35,000 rupiah at the end. Told him no money already.

The hotel was just a short walk away from a few shopping places and restauarants.

Back to the hotel. Breakfast was average, eggs was not fresh at all. My husband is a chef who prepares breakfast for guests in hotels for the past 6 years. He told me the eggs was not fresh at all and he doesnt dare to get a 2nd round of egg. Food selection was average, I really have no idea why the review here for the breakfast was so good. I was expecting a good breakfast, but was dissapointed everyday. I stayed for 6 days, imagine how dissapointed I was everyday with the quality and standard of food. Ala carte food was extremely expensive, we ordered steak and it wasn't well cooked and not fresh at all. My husband was shaking his head all the time.

The service at the hotel was awesome, we were greeted to warm smiles and we are always assisted immediately if we needed any help. I would like to say a Big thank you their Guest relations officer 'INTI' who made our whole experience with Amaroosaa such a good one. She was fluent in english and understood what we were trying to convey which was a big plus point. She was a big help for this hoilday, my husband and I both agree that her service was one of the best we have seen so far. We feel very comforatable speaking to her. Room service was fast and efficient.

The last 2 days of the trip was terrible as there was this family who just checked in staying beside our room. I dont blame them for being noisy or talking too loudy, but I realised that its not them, its actually the wall of the room was so THIN!! I can hear exactly the whole conversation and the children speaking. Even in the toilet I can also hear them. It was extremely terrible, imagine in the morning you are awaken by children's screaming and adults talking. At night, you try to sleep but you cant as its a wet market next door.

Overall this stay with amaroossa was above average. Just only the thin walls which I can't tolerate. Its actually affecting our quality time and stay. I hope you can do something.

Best regards,
Andreana Ong

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank andreanaong
AmaroossaHotel, General Manager at Amaroossa Bandung, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Dear Andreanaong,

Thank you to stayed at Amaroossa Hotel Bandung and for taking time to review us.

We do really apologize about your food experience and really appreciate your feedback on food presentation, we will improve of the breakfast.

We notified that your room was not accommodate as your requested, apology for those inconvenience.

Your feedback is valuable to us as it allows us to monitor and improve our service and product for our guest. If you would love to stay in the near future please do not hesitate to direct contact to our site.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write review for us and we look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Bandung.

General Manager Corporate

Reviewed March 13, 2014

a nice,satisfying service,the rooms are quite spacious and luxurious look,equipped with fitness centers, and kids corner.Stayed for 3 days is quite enjoyable,the shopping centre access is not so far,although to go to ATM a bit harder. The food is quite varied,it's also good for taste.
keep it up!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
AmaroossaHotel, General Manager at Amaroossa Bandung, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Dear Pak Rudi,

Thank you for giving us an excellent rated on your review, appreciated.

Myself and team are looking forward to welcoming you again at any time.

See you soon in Bandung