“Alternative hotel in central Bandung”

D'Batoe Boutique Hotel
Ranked #124 of 226 Hotels in Bandung
Bandung, Indonesia
“Alternative hotel in central Bandung”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

Modern minimalist hotel and rooms. Great location for doing business in central Bandung, but located in a one-way-busy street, would be to busy for vacation. The room was quite spacious, clean and have wifi which helpful for us to work.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Indonesian first
Penang Island, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2011

This is a small hotel, with modern interior design. Not many facilities, pool not available.
Location not near to factory outlets. Buffet breakfast not have many variety.
Free internet service available.
Staff is friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Factory outlet most located at Riao road. Mode House is one of the most recommended shop. Dinner can...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank datin_tan
Sentosa Island, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2011

Stayed here for a few days. Actually a bit far from where I have to be... well in distance not too far, but almost every street in BDO was a one-way direction one.. so, I lost a lot of time in traffic... apart from the jam... I was always in, no matter it was morning, afternoon or evening time... allways jam!!! Although the hotel is situated on a big, famous street... It was not easy to find an empty taxi, at least a Blue Bird, which is supposed to be the most reliable taxi company throughout Indonesia..!!! So very often I had to take a car from the hotel, which was very welcome to me... They did not even charge me a lot of money... maybe coz I had some 'problems' with the room, which they solved in a very proper way. The manager is very professional... cant say that from all the FO staff. and the rest of the hotel staff.. but at least they are friendly and helpfull. There is a Wi Fi connection I think throughout the hotel. but you can not rely on it... which was a real negative point for me... (some people have to work in the room!!!)
The room was the not that clean as the room they showed me a few months before my stay. It sems that the bed/sheets were used, and well.. the room I had a Gold one was not that nice and clean as the Gold room which they showed me...
Overall... ok for tourists or holiday makers, but defenitely not if you are on a buss. trip!
The Breakfast is more for the local clients... Me personally would never come back to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Paris
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2011

Get a change to stay at this hotel just this week end .

Arrive at late evening, first impression is this hotel has it is own style. Get the rate as promissed by phone at the early morning of the same day.

The room was great at first sight. What you see in the web is what will you get. Clean sheet, clean room and toilets, as what you can expect from this class of the hotel. We satisfy at once. However, it is only need some time when we realize that we found crock crawling in the table. What a surprize! Fortunately, it was the only animal that we found until we check out from the hotel.

The problem that we get is that the room is so noissy from the outsite trafic and community. We hardly get good sleep that night because once the outsite get silent for a few times, suddently a motorclycle pass the road in front of the hotel with verry noissy sound. Both of us were very tired that night, but the noissy sound just can ride off our exhaust body to get sleep.

Limited menu for room service,but that is OK. At least we have some choises. The quality of food was regular. If you still have some extra power, better to have dine outside. On the following morning, we realize that actually plenty of choise just a walking distance from the hotel (What I meant by choise is regular food call simple warung or hawker. If you have sensitive stomach, I would recommend you to get more propper restourant. The taxi in Bandung is not that expensive, plus there are plenty of good restourant around. You wont regret the culinair experience in Bandung).

Our nasi goreng was regular, but the tom yam soup was disappointed. They use instant flavours to made the soup so it tasted like you eat instant to yam soup that you can buy at near shop. The fish chip was also disappointed. It just, not like the other "normal" fish chip...

Generally, I would rate this hotel as regular hotel. If you expect to arrived tired in Bandung, you may consider to choose another hotel that have better soundproof in their room. With the same rate, you should be able to find better hotel.

Nevertheless, I quite enjoy my stay, as long as to be with my soulmate :)
I love you KH

Room Tip: Ask for a room that most away from main street. It might be a kind of help to overcome the noisse
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2011

I knew D'Batoe hotel from my friend and he said that this hotel is good enough in Bandung. But after staying for 2 nights I realized that it's over-priced. I stayed in the room 206 (Golden Plus) in 13-15 Feb 2011.
There are some plus and minus for the consideration.

Plus':
Located near the center of the city
Nearby foods are easy to find
Just cross the street to reach the convenient store (Indomaret)
ATM BCA is beside the hotel
Room service's foods are good and cheap compared to another hotels

Minus':
Poor parking facility
Passenger lift is only one
Poor cleanliness
THE BED I'VE GOT MADE ME FEEL ITCHY!
(The fact is, this is the vital point that made me suffered for two nights and disappointed me, I think there are many bugs on the bed an they failed to clean it on the 2nd day)
Have to face the traffic jam to enter and leave the hotel, since it is located in a 1 way road.

Sorry, but not a recommended hotel. :-(

• Stayed February 2011

Travelers are raving about these Bandung hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2011

No swimming pool. Too bad. They offer me to swim at Guci Hotel to swim.

• Stayed December 2010
1 Thank Tjbrett
Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2010

Stayed at D'batoe from 23-28 October 2010 for the 2nd time. Stayed at the Diamond Suite on the top floor, next to the lift. The room was huge with a separate living room and bedroom. There are two toilets. Housekeeping is bad cos they the dirt I left was still there the next day.

Sleep quality is bad. Could hear the lift going up and down and the traffic from the main road is bad. The windows have this 5mm gap that emits all these sounds from outside. Mosque prayers at 3.30 am, Church Bell at 7 am, traffic sound and lift noises make it unbearable for a light sleeper like me.

Requested to switch to the cheapest gold room the next day which was oppposite and somehwere in the middle, thinking I will be spared from the noises.... This time round its worst. The teenie weenie mosque with speakers was just 50m away. Prayers starts at 3.30 am and continues till 4.30 am.....

Breakfast hygiene is bad. The drinks dispenser are all dirty and had the runs 1 day before I came back home.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business