“Value for money”

Ranked #41 of 311 Bandung B&B and Inns
Singapore
“Value for money”
Reviewed August 4, 2010

Our stay in this hotel went beyond our expectation. Service was excellent and consistent throughout the staff in Scarlet Dago. I am usually skeptical when it comes to hotel claiming to be "boutique" as the decor may show otherwise and service is usually basic. Upon arriving, we did not expect to be greeted with drinks and genuine smiles. As it is a new hotel, the room was clean and everything was new. The gold room with two beds is big enough for the four of us. Cable TV shows over 67 local and international channels. My only gripe is the bathroom, which is rather small and hence only fitted for a shower room. Wifi is free in every room and one has to simply ask the counter for the password. Another factor to consider this hotel is its location. Being near to the airport, Dago is located centrally to other attractions. Breakfast was ok, with a few selections of local and western flavors. Just like the previous reviewer, I hardly write hotel review unless my stay went beyond what I expected. This hotel deserved a recommendation and kudos to the staff for making our stay memorable. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Indonesian first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed July 15, 2010

I took a risk to book this new hotel when I was choosing one for my first trip to Bandung. I noticed that because it was newly opened, not many reviews were available online. So due to the budget constraints, we decided to try it.

Upon getting there, I was really impressed by the beautiful hotel decoration. Everything there is brand new. The rooms, despite its cheap and affordable price, was very clean and nothing about it seems "budget". The great thing about this place, is that most of its rooms are family ones, so you can stay here with your friends or family and not have to fork out extra for another room. The beds were good, but I found the pillows to be rather high for my taste, so I found it hard to sleep on it throughout the night. But that's probably my preference. All the rooms also come equipped with Wifi.

Breakfast is really decent for a boutique hotel in Southeast Asia. With the last boutique hotel I stayed at in Bangkok, I found that the breakfast there was really substandard. But in Scarlet Dago, the breakfast was great and on par with some more expensive hotels.

The staff were also very friendly, and directed us to wherever we wanted to go. There was an incident where we decided to go for a night out, but found that the price quoted by the taxis were too expensive. The hotel staff actually made the effort to call a few more taxi operators for us, until we were satisfied with the pricing. Also during one morning when we slept in, a hotel staff rang us up to remind us of the breakfast time. I found that to be very thoughtful.

The location of this hotel is good, but it's not really within walking distance to any factory outlets. We have to take a cab every where, although the famous Dago Street is just about 5 minutes away by cab. It is, however, next to a very famous restaurant in Bandung called Kafe Halaman, which has great environment and even better food. Our driver/tour guide actually recommended this place to us, and we were so happy because we needed a place to have dinner, which is within walking distance, as we were all exhausted by shopping. Also Mc Donald's and Circle K convenience store is just down the road.

I don't usually write reviews for hotels but I decided to on this one, because I think more tourists deserve to know about this place. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip to Bandung.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends