“Pasar Baru”

Pasar Baru Trade Center
Reviewed May 1, 2013

crowded and confusing, price wise is ok but i prefer tanah abang jakarta, go early in the morning (before 9 am) or else meet the traffic jam. The food corner is ok and clean.

1  Thank klepot
in 17 reviews
"material"
in 33 reviews

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I am a first time traveler to Bandung. I heard & I read about it before I decided to bring my family for shopping trip. Nothing could prepare me for the worst outcome during my trip.

Firstly Safety - I don't feel safe at all in Bandung area. Peddlers & mongers are waiting just outside our hotel compound. Beggars are everywhere. I have a 2 year old niece with me which I held for dear life all the time. Even during red light stop, I had to make sure our vehicle is always locked. Not to mentioned that I got cheated in airport when the officer over-charged me with tax money but I just let it go without much argument.

Secondly Hygiene - Bandung is the worst of all cities I have been to. I could say even Bangkok are cleaner than Bandung. Rubbish are everywhere, muddy pavement, flash floods during our visit. OMG. I have to cross the road to our Hotel with ankle length floods. It smells like sewage.

Thirdly - Shopping Heaven? Are you kidding me?? No matter how hard you haggle they just won't budge. I've seen more prettier with quality material dresses in Chatuchak Market.
Pasar Baru are worst of all. I'd rather shop at Masjid India, Kuala Lumpur.

Compare to cheap travel places I've been to, I'd rather spend my money in Bangkok with this kind of environment. Unsafe. Dirty. Overcrowded. I have suffered running nose and flu during my stay in Bandung. No second visit for me.
I did not recommend it for family unless you travelling for sight seeing attraction like Tangkuban Perahu or Kawah Putih. Trans Studio, their staffs didn't speak english though they were helpful in their own language.

6  Thank WanFamily
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Quite an 'ok' place... You may like this pasar baru if u love batik, jubah, shawls / scarves, simple dresses or blouses. But the place is quite crowded, a lot of people there... Honestly, to me, the interesting items you can find there are embroidery clothes, telekung as well as batik collections. You better go to some other places for dress/ blouses/ pants / bags/ shoes/ kids clothes. By the way, the price are so reasonable

Some tips : beware of pick-pockets and people selling overpriced drinks as well as souvenirs.. They will simply hand over the drinks to your children (without your concern) and later will ask for payment. They also willing to tail u up for hours just to persuade you buy their stuffs.

3  Thank nicina
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Batik, cotton, lace, telekung (prayer clothes) you name it. You can get those with very reasonable (if not cheap) price. The sellers here are very friendly and don't forget to bargain. Buy in bulk and you'll get special price. Please take care of your personal belongings.

1  Thank Ulya H
See more reviews
Reviewed March 25, 2013

"I really shouldn't have come here" was my first thought when i walked in. Yes, its undeniable that the deals were good, the prices were great and there was quite a lot of choices but for me, the ideal shopping experience would be buying what i like and getting out of there as quick as possible. My mother, on the other hand, had other ideas. Overall, a great place to go to if you're a shopaholic. (by my son, Luqman)