“Minimalist and homey”

Marbella Suites Bandung
Ranked #103 of 231 Hotels in Bandung
Reviewed September 20, 2011

If you are looking for luxury, Marbella is not the place.
The hotel gave the homey feelings with minimalist design. To me, it is worth the rates that I paid, there is a small library in the lobby, my favorite place where I can purchase books at reasonable price.

Room Tip: For couple, try to enjoy having dinner at the restaurant terrace, sooooo romantic.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Faby-Secret

Reviewed September 17, 2011

Disappointed. That word would describe all of my thoughts to this hotel. When I arrived, no warm welcome like in an average hotel, no bell boy who's coming for my luggage, or even someone who open my car's door. Really not fancy. And when I arrived, I felt like I was somewhere in the middle of the jungle, because it was like there was no living things there, really creepy. The room was really STANDARD! Not like the name, 'suite', you'll imagine a fancy high class room right? but it wasn't. Just a normal bed, normal tv, and nothing special. The breakfast was ok, just like in an average hotel, nothing special. The staffs are friendly, smiling everytime. And the last, the location was really far from everything, far from downtown, no entertainment around the hotel. It's JUST a hotel in the middle of nowhere, though you can eat in some of restaurant near the hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank jakboy
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Located in tops of Dago hill over layer to Bandung view,nice property and hospitality also professional staff

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank pijay_pj
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Room is a bit small. Living room is also small, but they are quite clean.
Staffs are frindly.
Breafast is quite okay and has many choices.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Going into hotel area is to far. The road also still underconstraction. Takes about 20-30 minute from city to hotel

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed August 1, 2011

I’m very disappointed with this hotel. Everything was under my expectation.
It’s not a place to take vacation. It’s a service apartment which rent daily and become an expensive lodging.
When we arrived, the receptionist received us with a perfunctory. Then she just gave us the card key with no additional useful information. When we arrived at the ‘suite’, we were stunned with the concept. I went travel around the world, and I know what suite is.
They think just add a small living room, a pantry and a dining table to your room, whala.. you have a suite.
The couch in the living room not cozy at all, made of synthetic leather not suitable with the marble coffee table. The lightning was horrible, didn’t give you any relax sensation to remind you that you are here to take a rest.
The Bathroom was function feature only. There’re bathtub, sink and toilet, you can use it but don’t expect more. The bathroom’s lightning? Don’t bother, you were here to take a shower. It’s lucky you still have one fluorescent light to illuminate the room.
The horrible and the nightmare thing is, the towels. The color is no longer white, and there were yellow spots in one towel and red stains in another.
When the housekeeping deliver a baby cot (which too big, and unable to get in to the bed room, and he suggest to put it in the living room … what the h***? So I canceled it) I ask him to replace the towels, but they never came.
The bedroom? Better mine at home.
Most of the employee seems like internship students, don’t know hotel etiquette. Once I was hold in elevator, when one employee holds it to wait his friend which runs back to service room to get something left behind, what a day….
When its time for breakfast, they asked me to pay extra for my daughter. I already went to over 30 hotels with my children, this is the first time I was asked to pay extra. My daughter even a fussy eaters. So I looked for the food variety, there’re nothing special and lack of options. So I decide not to eat, and just let my wife and my daughter to eat.
Fortunately, I canceled my 2 night staying plan a week before. What would happen if my plan has not changed?
From my point of view, everything is not comparable to that money I spend for.
Not recommended and not thinking to come back.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Dymita
Reviewed July 22, 2011

The hotel was suuposed to be an apartment complex but concept was changed at the last minute. The place still feels like an apartment but who cares. Great views, great location, surrounded by greenery. This is what Bandung is all about. If you play golf this is the place to stay. I have stayed here with groups from work and also with my family. Everybody enjoyed stay. Food is ok but nothing amazing.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business