“Noisiest hotel ever”

Ranked #43 of 231 Hotels in Bandung
Jakarta
“Noisiest hotel ever”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Arrived there about 11.30, tried to check in but could not. Told to come back at 2 pm. Drop the baggage then go to adjacent mall for lunch etc. Come back at 2 pm the room was not ready yet. Go back again to the mall, my 6 y.o daughter getting cranky and pissed. Walk around, do nothing. Luckily met my friend with his 6 y.o boy, wasted about 1 hour chit chat then come back at 4pm, luckily my room is available. While i was waiting for keycard, there are several customer whose room isnt ready yet.

Have some rest and go out for dinner, back at about 9 pm. Then the horror begins, when we tried to sleep i heard the next room having a family party, they checked in several rooms and met at the room next to us, i can hear clearly the chair being moved, a music played with maybe a small mini compo, more than 4 people chit chat.. Want to complain but feel too tired, they dismissed at about 12 am and finally i can sleep peacefully.

Another disruption begins at 4.30, when our moslem friends are praying. We can hear the speaker from the mosque very clear, even we are in 12 stories high. Not only from 1 place but maybe 3 mosque. It means 3 speakers blasting at once. Awaken for couple minutes and managed back to sleep.

In the morning the breakfast was okay, quite a lot variations.

Thinking to check out on the first day (we booked 2 nights), but happy with the location. We are lucky the noisy neighbour are checked out, BUT there come family with many kids, they run around in the hall way, their parent speaks as loud as their child.. I posted the proof video in youtube, hope you can find it. The keyword sensa hotel bandung

Pros :
-great location in bandung, convenience to go here and there.
-next to adjacent indoor and outdoor mall, lots of restaurants, supermarket, karaoke, club, theatre etc

Cons:
-slow check in time
-walls need to be reinforced, can hear click clack from light switch from other rooms, moving chair etc.
-hallway in front of the room needs to be silenced by using carpet, you can hear every door slamming in that floor. People walking, speaking etc.
-maybe use a double insulated window to isolate the outdoor noise
-swimming pool water is very cold.

You just gotta stay here to proof it.. I stayed in 12th floor (top floor), i dont know if you stayed on lower floor but i guess it might be added noisy from upper floor.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank Allfreed
Sumarli, General Manager at Sensa Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear Mr. Alfreed,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Sensa Hotel and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you got a displeased experience with our facilities. Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointment during your stay. We have forwarded your comment to all Departments concern and will ensure to improve it.

Once again thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback and we hope that you will give us an opportunity to regain your trust towards Sensa Hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed January 6, 2014

This hotel is perfectly located in the busy Jalan Dago and behind Cihampelas mall. I didn't need any car to go around as everything I needed was within walking distance. The room was clean and spacious. Service was excellent with very friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ellysuliana
Dear Ms. Ellysulliana,

Thank you for choosing Sensa Hotel for stay. We are delighted to hear that you were satisfied with our facilities and service.The hotel location is certainly one of our strengths as it is strategically located.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to let us know us know your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Bandung.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Located at Chihampelas Walk and right beside the still work in progress new mall, the hotel is very convenient.

We had the Superior Twin room. As we have 2 adults and 2 kids, the twin super single beds are big enough to accomodate the 4 of us. Bed and pillows are soft and clean. Room is nicely renovated.

Breakfast spread tasted good with Western and local fares. The food standard is good.
The pool is not too big but good enough for the 2 kids to enjoy their daily dip.

The hotel massage is really cheap and not bad. Food around the malls are relatively cheap too. There's factory outlet near the hotels. You need to recce around to find your gems. We managed to buy many clothes at the factory outlets here than at the more upmarket Rumah Mode. I didn't buy anything at Rumah Mode and it was so crowded.

Weather in Bandung is generally cooling even in the day so remember to bring more long sleeves. I regretted bringing mostly singlets and shorts lol.

One downside about Sensa is the early 'Wake Up' call by the mosque nearby the hotel. The prayings will start at 3am daily and it always woke me up. I will then try to ignore it and fall back to sleep.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Sumarli, General Manager at Sensa Hotel, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear dyxdya12,

Thank you for your compliments on room, breakfast and location.We are happy that Sensa Hotel Bandung has live up your expectation. Our location is the one of our strength point as it is strategically located.

The Team and I hope to be able to welcome you back to Sensa Hotel Bandung some time in the near future.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Sensa main draw is its close proximity to CiWalk and Cihampelas jeans street. We took the junior executive room (quite large room) on the 10th floor, giving us a great view of the mountains on the horizons and view of Ciwalk and the hotel pool. Wi-fi in the hotel is patchy at best but that's okay to me coz i do not want to be plugged in when I am on holiday with my family. The hotel breakfast spread try to serve something different each morning, mostly made up of Indonesian food, which I don't mind at all coz I'm in Indonesia after all. For more food choices, the hotel guests can go to nearby CiWalk as there are plenty of food joints there. One can get the hotel's help for a car and driver for your travel needs around Bandung. I will consider returning to Sensa for future Bandung holidays.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank WanAzi
Sumarli, General Manager at Sensa Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear WanAzi,

Thank you for your time to write and post feedback regarding your experience at Sensa Hotel Bandung.

We are happy to hear that you were satisfied with our location, room and breakfast. We have forwarded your feedback to all department concern and will ensure to improve our service and facilities.

We definitely look forward to your next visit to Sensa Hotel Bandung.
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Date: december 2013
Room: superior, non smooking room.

1st glance: the building is definitely unique, located within the famous cihampelas walk, as the shopper destination. Eventhough the traffic could be annoying, but the croud was great. Just one step to shopping arcade. (+1)

Counter: the check in was long.... i shud wait for almost 1.5hours to get into the room. The receptionist said that she will call me whenever the room was ready but it ended by me to go by myself to check the room. (-1)

Room: the deluxe room was huge with the total scene of city view, but less sight of exclusivity of the room. The only artworks is only a huge hotel painting aside the bathroom door. The bathroom surprisingly without bathtub when i need that for sure. Nothing special with the amenities. (0)

Facilities: i love the view at the pool, outdoor and quite good to deliver the ambiance but the pool was so small eventhough its for adult. Gym facilities just ok, unfortunately i didn't try the spa.
The wifi was slow.. and only applicable for 1device!! (0)

Meals: the breakfast got nothing special, they served varieties of indonesian (mostly), only salad and omelete for western menu. I like the turmeric fried chicken, while the fish fillet still got bones inside...... they also got numbers of traditional cakes. (0)

Final score: 0/5
For a hotel that featured and awarded with several awards, i wasn't amazed at all only by the design of the hotel. At the price at that rate, i could get more exclusive hotels with great experience.
The only good things are the room was huge (and plain), and the view of the pool was nice.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank chris_crosser
Dear chris_crosser,

Thank you for your recent stay at Sensa Hotel Bandung and for give us your feedback. Your feedback is valuable to us as it allows us to monitor and improve our service and product for our guest.

Once again thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback and we hope that you will give us an opportunity to regain your trust towards Sensa Hotel Bandung.
Seminyak, Indonesia
Reviewed December 18, 2013

This is my first trip to Bandung since I was moving to Bali a few years ago.
Bandung become a shopping heaven now in my opinion.

Sensa hotel is one of the best hotel in the area. It has a nice clean room with a beautiful view.
The hotel also has a direct access to the famous Ciwalk mall and many local shops nearby which offer very affordable price on their products.

One thing that they should improve is the choices of breakfast. But their traditional dessert was really delicious

Recommended!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank I Putu Yudia H
Sumarli, General Manager at Sensa Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear I Putu Yudia H,

Thank you for choosing Sensa Hotel and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I have noted your feedback in regards to the food variety in the restaurant, and I have shared this with my Food & Beverage Team to ensure we provide you better service in the future.

Despite all of that, I am very pleased to see you enjoyed your overall stay with us and I hope to be able to welcome you back to Sensa Hotel Bandung.
Singapore
Reviewed December 18, 2013

My stay here was not what I expected. I heard good reviews from my friends, so my expectations were high, but these are the things that happened:

- arrived at about 10AM, just to put our bags at the concierge. Everything was smooth.

- at about 5PM we went over to the hotel again to check in.. A guy greeted us, so we proceed to check in and waited for our keys. We stood there for close to 15mins, and only to realize, he was doing another person's request! He did not even bother to tell us to wait or refer us to his other colleagues.

- room flaws:
I used the toilet, and realize that the pipe was leaking, so the whole toilet was wet.
no tissue box
the safe box is not working (when called, they asked to put our valuable at the concierge!)

- breakfast
some of us, ordered 2 servings of omelette and when we did the second order, the chef said "tadi kan sudah order" (which means: i thought you ordered one before?") If there is a limit to the number of omelette we can order, please inform us beforehand.

- check out
we went out about 10AM, told them we will keep our luggage at the concierge and will return about 12PM. Bell boy put our luggage near the entrance, and it was still there when we return at 12PM. What if somebody just took our luggage and went off, who will be responsible?

Overall, I did not have a pleasant stay.

The good thing about this hotel is, the room is huge and it is very near to shopping places.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank YuniQue
Dear YuniQue,

Further to your recent stay with us at Sensa Hotel Bandung, I hereby would like to thank you for your time taken giving us your feedback. Your comments are highly appreciated and will assist us in further upgrading our guest services and facilities.

It is however with much regret to learn that you were not satisfied with your stayed.I have shared your comment with my Operational Team in order to provide you better service in the future. Once again, thank you for staying with us and look forward to welcome you back.