“Disappointing experience”

My Little Kitchen (MYLK)
Ranked #96 of 1,952 Restaurants in Bandung
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Australian, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Relaxing and cozy steakhouse, great for family and friends.
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Steak is cold, the plate design is very average. Salad portions are very small.
Accompanied steak sauce gets cold immediately.
Service very inattentive. You are forgotten for hours if you sit on the second floor of the restaurant.

1  Thank travelogue88
Sastra B, Manager at My Little Kitchen (MYLK), responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Hello There seawolf, firstly I would like to thank you for your review.

I'm very sorry if our salad portion isn't enough for you, if you're referring to salad that accompanies your steak, it is actually meant to be not too much. If you want more salad, it can be ordered as a side dish.

We always serve our steaks immediately after it finish cooking, as I myself, as a steak lover, really hate cold steak. That's why I always put it into top priority to serve our steaks as it just finished grilling. Just a wild guess, the second floor is always rather cold especially last few nights when it's very windy, and that's probably why the steak gets cold rather quick.

As for "abandoning" you on the second floor, we actually have an intercom on the second floor where the customers can call us downstairs whenever they need anything. Maybe the staff forgot to tell you about it, so terribly sorry about that.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Probably this is our favourite restaurant in town. We've been eating regularly in this resto for a few years. Their food quality is consistently great, it's worth every cent. Our all the time favourite dishes are definitely the dory lemon butter and the tomato bacon soup. When we're too hungry, we'd order lava cake for the dessert. For the drink, we love my cool juice, the lemon sorbet is very refreshing.

Sastra B, Manager at My Little Kitchen (MYLK), responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Hello there Estrina, thank you very much for your review :D

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I went out with the family the other day, and really wanted to try something different in Bandung. I've passed by the My Little Kitchen a number of times, and read the reviews of the restaurant, so was really looking forward to it.

We went early on a Saturday night, and had no problem finding an empty table on the ground floor. I had read it was remodeled recently, but they must have forgotten to do the wall on the main floor. It looks like a fair amount of water damage, higher up the wall.

No air conditioning, but this Bandung, so really doesn't need it. We were seated promptly, and brought menus.

The menu is mounted on a board, I guess so you don't walk off with it. An interesting selection of western and Asian menu, but not really much that I would call Indonesian.

We went with a lot of the "Recommended" or house specialty items. Potato skins, Cheesy steak, Chicken Katsu, Chicken Teriyaki, and the Aussie burger.

Nothing was bad, per se, but most of it seemed frozen, or otherwise cooked ahead of time. The fries were probably the best part of it, and I know those came out of a bag. The local steak was some of the toughest I've had in years. I eat local steak in Indonesia often, and sure, it's not tender, but this stuff, actually took 30 seconds to cut a piece off! The pepper sauce for the steak was decent, though. I found the potato wedges to be uninspiring. Stick with the fries.

Service was a bit hit or miss. They were out of a bunch of items. They don't tell you what they're out of, so you only find out when you try to order it. They spilled a bunch of fries from my plate, and we had to order the dessert twice, as they forgot about it after the first time.

And again they were out of the dessert we wanted. We got some scoops of Blueberry ice cream. I'd call it if more of a sorbet with some blueberries thrown in.

The prices are reasonable, and I'd love to come back if only the food quality was a bit more. There are plenty of good places in Bandung at similar price points (Abuba Steakhouse is one that comes to mind that has some similar items.)

Sastra B, General Manager at My Little Kitchen (MYLK), responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Hello there, firstly I want to thank you for your review.

I'm sorry if your last visit wasn't up to your expectations, but we will make sure your next visit would better.

I'm sorry for the fact that you weren't happy with our local steak, if you had told us at the time, we would be happy to replace it with another free of charge. We have been serving steaks since 2004, I can say that almost 99% of our customers were always happy with our local steaks, but there are 1% that sometimes (unfortunately) find the steaks rather tough. We always marinade our local steaks to tenderness. But with local steaks, there are sometimes parts that are still a a bit tough to chew, despite the marinade.

As for the bad service, we had actually just employed several new staffs so some are still in training. Did the waiter who served you wear a white uniform or a red one? White ones are for trainees. So very sorry about that.

Hope to see you in your next visit
Thanks.

PS: The wall in the photo had already been repaired several times since 2 years ago when we remodeled, so in the end I just gave up. But will put something to cover it up :)

Reviewed June 24, 2013

The food is good and every penny is totally worth it, the price is around 30k-60k! Meat lovers should try this restaurant.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

the food that was serve is equal to the amount of money you spent.
i personaly have a great time.
i hope you feel the same.
thanks.

Sastra B, Owner at My Little Kitchen (MYLK), responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Hello MRahardi, Thank you for your comments, we very much appreciate the fact that you feel our value for money was great, because we always aim for exactly that. Thank You!