“A nicely designed hotel”
Review of GH Universal Hotel

GH Universal Hotel
Ranked #1 of 230 Hotels in Bandung
Reviewed December 9, 2012

This hotel has an amazing architectural design. The room is in adequate size, however there are some areas that need attention. The bathroom doesn't have a bath tub to my surprise.
We tried the room service menu, the food is also nice.
The location is a bit far from where the main activities are. So it will be very hard if you're not traveling by car.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Raja Kamar
There are newer reviews for GH Universal Hotel

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Do not stay here,seek other hotel,this is my story of my stay
I stayed in this hotel last new years eve,i just wrote this review coz i just knew about trip advisor,and just passed by this hotel last week on my trip to bandung
I went there with my wife and kid,i'm not just complaining about the room size,the unfriendly staff,but something more that i will never forget,it was new years eve so i thought i wanted to play with my son,i bought a lot of fireworks and betwen those i bought 2 extra huge fireworks that was written 100shots,those 2 were quite expensive,when we checked in the reception guy told me that due to safety reason i could not take them to my room,i understand that and i totally agree so he save them in the reception and put a tag of my room number
And then at new years eve,almost midnight so we gather at the swimming pool to watch the fireworks show by the hotel,there was a lot of fireworks and quite really nice one,so after that i decided its time to start our own fireworks,i went to the lobby and then to reception to find my bags of fireworks almost empty and only few small fireworks left,i asked the reception guy and what he answered really surprised me,he said they have lighted them for me but since i was not in the room they could not let me know,i said of course i was in the swimming pool to watch the event held by the hotel,and then he said nothing to worry about since i watched the fireworks coz some of them are mine and they helped me to fire them up
I was really mad they don't have my permission to do that,and even if they wanted to do that?they should say my name when they light up the fireworks and its not some of the fireworks show,most of the fireworks in the show were mine,i was mad and complained to the hotel,the reception guy said just write them in the guest comments cards,that was the worst hotel ever,they didn't even say sorry or feel sorry after taking my stuff like that they also don't care and not even thanked me
And when i checked out i was furious to find extra charge for bed down,why would i do that?i took the suite room,and i stayed only with my wife and 1 and a half year old son,so why would i put the bed down for?it was ridiculous
Worst hotel ruined my new years eve

• Stayed: December 2011
10  Thank Soelist
Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

we stay in superior room, its so small size room. i think this not worthed with the price. not really comfort with the room. but i like the lobby desaign, classic. the breakfast menu overall nothing special.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed October 23, 2012

me and my wive were spent 1 night in this - European middle age design- 5 stars hotel. we ordered superior room.

we were shock when we found the room was so small.
the staffs were not friendly, they didn't ask the bell boy to carry our luggage, maybe because we are locals. He just give the card for the room and turn to another guest without even told us where we can redeem the welcome drinks.

our disappointing was cured when we have the breakfast. it was very various and taste good also. the morning breeze in lembang, bandung plus a cup of hot tea really made our morning fantastic.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2012

the hotel lounge and dine area are very beautiful
great place for shooting.
the dessert and the drink are refreshing.
staffs are friendly.
the layer colorful indonesia cake looks attractive, can try but dont have too high expectation.
all the best

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We had a great trip last weekend! We got good price from Rajakamar.com. The hotel has magnificent view,good 'photo taking' spot and warm welcome service.
We stayed on the 4th floor and my husband a bit annoyed with the sound from the restaurant on the 5th floor.We could hear the sound of people dragging the tables/furnitures.
Above all,we had a great experienced staying in GH Universal Definetely recommended!
One more, the food was so good!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Raja Kamar
Reviewed August 1, 2012

First thing come in our mind when we first come to this hotel is the European architecture which is awesome... we feel like we are in europe....
The hospitality of the hotel is also good, make us feel comfortable.
It has a swimming pool in the middle, and a little chapel on the top of the hotel. The chapel can be used for wedding, which I'm sure it will be a good photoshoot.
The deluxe room we stayed, not to big... but enough for two or three people to stay. Nice comfortable bed.
The bathroom has a window that can be opened to open air (for room with pool view), but too bad not very clean because it has ants in the bathroom.
The restaurant is just under the chapel, which we can see the view while we're eating. The taste of the food was awesome.

One great moment and we're sure you'll like to enjoyed here.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends