“My Lovely hotel”
Review of Hilton Bandung

Hilton Bandung
Ranked #7 of 232 Hotels in Bandung
Reviewed January 2, 2014

It is a good hotel that satisfying us with the service, room, breakfast, and every little thing there.. It is clean, fresh, and wide enough.. it is comfortable... =D It has an excellent point that not every hotel has.. I think it can be your choice if you stay in bandung.. I recommend it...

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
SDW662, General Manager at Hilton Bandung, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear Jane C,

I am extremely pleased to see you enjoyed your overall stay with us and I hope to be able to welcome you back to Hilton Bandung some time in the near future.

62-22-86066888

Write a ReviewReviews (1,527)

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Paid about Rp.1.3m via agoda for the cheapest room for two without breakfast during Christmas holiday. Wasn't disappointed with the choice. Hotel was new, modern, beautiful and spacious. Room also met Hilton standard seen elsewhere, but even newer. We got a room with city/mountain view in level 8, while my parents's room has swimming pool view. Both are nice.

There's plenty of TV cable channels to keep you occupied. There's remote controlled curtain for the bathroom, which includes large make up table and chair, and separate cubicles for shower and toilet. The room has sofa and coffee table, as well as working desk and chair. The only complaint I have, which is probably Hilton's worldwide policy, is that internet in the room isn't free. An hour's access cost Rp.140k and a day's access cost Rp.400k (about a third of daily room fee). Though you can get access for free in public spaces. I find it rare to have to pay for internet access nowadays. It's such cheap commodity that I take for granted. So it looks like nickle and dime to me to charge fee for internet access when you pay that room price, which could be considered premium as compared to good local hotels with internet access.

Swimming pool design was pleasant, though the water was rather cold. There's comfy individual covered seats on one side of the pool and also poolside cafe overlooking city skyline. Waiting area near the front desk is also pleasant, with sofa and koi pond. But the check-in waiting time was rather long-ish, probably due to busy holiday season. The location is good. Some 5 mins walk to Paskal food centre, with options galore at local price and night market ambience. Mostly Indonesian food fare, and some famous stalls with long queue. Good outdoor dining experience. And short walking distance to public amenities, e.g. minimart, saloon, massage parlour, bank, more restaurants.

All in all, pleasant stay. Nothing really out of expectation from a Hilton hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
SDW662, General Manager at Hilton Bandung, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Dear HahaBoy,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Bandung as a place to stay and taking your time to fill out the feedback. Your feedback is highly appreciated and will assist us in further upgrading our guest services and facilities.

I noted your dissatisfaction with our Internet facilities, hope it won't stop you to come and enjoy the "Hilton Difference".

I am otherwise pleased to see you enjoyed your overall stay with us and I hope to be able to welcome you back to Hilton Bandung some time in the near future.

62-22-86066888

Reviewed December 29, 2013

I stayed here during 22 Dec - 24 Dec 2013 with my husband and my three kids ( 10,7 and 2 years old). I reserved about 3 weeks before arrival and got price Rp 1,800,000,- nett inclusive breakfast for 2 for "2 queen hilton executive room" . I got an offering for upgrading to "2 queen hilton execuitve PLUS" by adding Rp 121.000 nett/room/night. Additional breakfast is Rp 75,000 nett for a child. It's a half price of adult.

The room is located in 10th floor and it's a spacious room with 2 queen beds. A bathroom with elegant bathtub and separate shower with full amenities.It's very suitable for family with kids like me.

The facilities are good. We got access to executive lounge and got free cocktail (snack and drinks) at 6pm - 9pm. You can check-in and wait in the lounge and got welcome drinks. My oldest kids was happy to play free computer with internet access in the lounge.

Swimming pool was nice and clean. But the water was very cold. On second day they conducted party for kids. The kids club was very helpful for my youngest child. During her father and bro & sis were enjoying sauna and whir pool in health center, I accompanied her in kids club. It was free for 3 hours and after 3 hours you will charged Rp 50,000 nett/hour. But 1 - 2 hours is enough for child.

Breakfast is not too extraordinary but quite good for some various menus. The fried rice was not ok. I chose western menus.

One dissatisfied thing was happen when I arrived. I have confirmed by phone at 11.00 before arriving and the reservation said my room is ready. Arrived in the hotel at 13.00 but while check-in the front office said my room is not ready yet. It will be ready at 14.00 and she offered me to wait in the executive lounge. I have been waiting for 2 hours because until 15.00 I still couldnt check in. No body could give clear information just said that my room was not ready yet. After getting angry, finally I could check in at 15.00. Event in 3 star hotels I never got bad experience like this. The management should improve the reservation methods. It is a first touch and impression for guests.

Room Tip: 2 queen Executive plus had a bath tub and larger room (61sqm) while 2 queen executive has only showe...
Reviewed December 27, 2013

As a member of hilton honors, hilton bandung is the preferred hotel for my family. Stayed at this hotel for christmas vacation. This is the third time we're back to this hotel.
The electric curtain remote on the bathroom were not working well, the breakfast was quite ok, but i reckon more varieties should be added especially on the chinese sections.
When we checked out it took us 15 minutes for the porter to arrive on our door. Further improvement should be made in the near future.
Cheers

Room Tip: Executive room is recommended
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
SDW662, General Manager at Hilton Bandung, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Dear Aindartono,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Bandung and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Your feedback is highly appreciated and will assist us in further upgrading our guest services and facilities.

The Team and I look forward to be able to welcome you back to Hilton Bandung some time in the near future.

+62 22 86066888

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is an oasis. It has beautiful views. Great food. A personable and attentive staff. Large, well appointed rooms. It is located close to a lot of restaurants and nightlife venues. Its minutes from the train station. All-in-all, a great place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Great recep and restaurant staff. Loved our stay. Huge room with two queen sized beds. Accommodated with two free cakes for two birthday kiddos in our traveling company. Bandung has the friendliest people!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I am a Hilton fan through and through , so when ever I travel which is at least twice per month I look for my nearest group hotel. So here I am in Bandung Indonesia... in the Hilton..... hmmm!

Trying to get to the hotel is a life changing experience if you have never driven in Indonesia...I arrived shaken and most definitely stirred!! Obviously this is not the hotels fault but getting to it can be tricky.

On entering the building ( which is 5 years old) it appears to be a shade sombre for my taste . It is the Hilton beige and brown with some fancy stone work thrown in. However, as always the staff are very pleasant and attentive and as this is Indonesia there is the added enthusiasm that seems to be gifted to all people here .

I was given a room on the 11th floor. the room size was great with a good size bath and shower.
The distant view was that of the mountains shrouded in mist and intrigue!!! The near view was of the railway station that, despite the double glazing, operated through the night with engines revving up and tooting horns at regular, sleep disturbing, regularity.

The exec lounge was fair... however, the night I was here there was a wedding going on in the ballroom however the children attending had some how managed to find their way to the lounge , turning it into a creche. OK, so I am old and intolerant however, I retired to my room ...followed by a gang of kids who proceeded to utilize the hallway as a running track! Despite my politely asking whether they could kindly play some where else they ignored both myself and the staff and carried on! this went on until they were joined by their parents ....who promptly joined in the fun too!! I later found out that the room next but one was in fact being used as a creche by some parents with the door propped open for the little darlings to come and go as they pleased! Despite a very polite" please can you stop this"...it carried on until late.

OK rant over but this was not the normal service of a Hilton which was a little disappointing.

I am afraid the food did not inspire much either I elected to dine by the pool on the 6th floor. The venue was pleasant if a little sterile but the pool side venue was romantic I guess. Thinking I could tuck in to Nasi Goering or Bami Pangang I asked for the menu...surprise surprise no Indonesian food!! When I asked why this was so I was told there was no call for it??? The food I had was average and the wine expensive. I like Hilton s but....Overall this was an OK stay but I have stayed in better Hilton s...sorry

Room Tip: Don't get a room Track side!!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business