“2nd best to Conrad for Hilton in Indonesia”
Review of Hilton Bandung

Hilton Bandung
Ranked #7 of 232 Hotels in Bandung
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

The minute you walkin the hotel, they greet and treat you like royalty. The rooms are very nice and clean. The buffet is somehow just standard. But the coffee at breakfast was excellent. The kids club at level 5 or 7 is well maintained. We had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: April 2013
SDW662, General Manager at Hilton Bandung, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear normanngjkt,

Thank you very much for you rkind review of Hilton Bandung. I am very thrilled to see you enjoyed and had a memorable stay with us.

The Team and I look forward to be able to welcome you again some time in teh near future.

Scott Wilson

Write a ReviewReviews (1,547)

Reviewed April 27, 2013

I did not expect to see such a modern hotel in Bandung especially after my experience in Jakarta.

Great decor with a superb gym which was very clean and brightly lit. I love rooms and gyms where there is loads of natural light and the hilton rooms and gym did not disappoint.

We only stayed a night but the experience was brilliant. It would have been nicer if the staff would smile and greet the guest more frequently.

Room Tip: Try the higher floors with a corner room as it is much quieter. My colleagues had rooms in the middl...
1  Thank Rosalia D
Reviewed April 27, 2013

They had me at hello. The greeter at the front door, housekeeping uniformed man i met at the hallway, housekeeping reps whom i talked over phone, engineer at the pool, all of them were such a great host and helpful.

Made a reservation online, and the check in process was fast enough. Stayed two nights and i was enjoying every moment there. Instantly fell for the bed as the pillow were super comfortable and soft. Peter Roth for amenities? I went crazy making excuses to apply the shampoo over and over. Breakfast selection was good enough for a 5 star hotel. Waiter also being very nice by offering a plate or two dishes to be served in my table. Takeaway several cheesecakes from the Deli, all were good.

Pool with extra huge daybed was lovely. Day 1, the water was crystal clear. Really enjoying my swimming time. Apparently i was in no luck at Day 2. Somehow the water turned white. Staffs said the filter was broken and they had tried to fix it. Staff i asked promised me that swimming pool would be opened again the following day. Day 3, i tried my luck again. At first, the water looked okay. As i swam to the deeper side of the pool, i couldn't see the bottom floor. White powder seemed to fill the pool's floor. My eyes hurt even i wore goggles. Asked the staff on duty and he didnt please me with his answer.

Hilton also need to make a pedestrian way. I find this fact bothers me all the time. I had to walk through the bushes, cross that dangerous ramp just to get out to buy Indian food across the hotel (people, try this restaurant! awesome Indian food!)

Overall, the service and hotel design was great.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear ytteF,

Thank you very much for your kind review of Hilton Bandung. I am very thrilled to see you enjouyed and had a memorable stay with us.

Your comment regarding the water quality at swimming pool now is being followed up by our concerned Department, your feedback is highly appreciated and will assist us in further upgrading our guest services and faciloties.

The Team and I look forward to be able to welcome you back some time in the near future.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Pedigree, location, facility. This is the best hotel in Bandung.

I was going with a party of 4, to avoid jostling for space, i booked 2 rooms since i expect a standard size hotel room.

What i found, The room i booked was spacious enough to have 2 queen bed, with room to spare between and the sides of the bed.

Furnishing is modern, i liked the chair on the room so much, i bought the same one when i got back home.

Ample parking space if you're driving from jakarta. Free parking if you stay in the room (in bandung, this cannot be taken for granted, check before you book).

Staff was a bit cold, took their time to acknowledge my presence at the reception and to process my check-in, even though i booked online and there was only 1 other guest at the table (and 2 staff).

I booked through hilton's own website, i enjoyed the ability to customise some aspect of my stay.

Swimming pool is at the top of the building, with this unique pear shape pool cubicle to shield you from the sun at the side of the pool. I can easily spend a whole noon here enjoying the breeze.

Large gym with attentive staff.

Breakfast, truly 5 star, think of Satoo or The Cafe in Jakarta.

If you like to explore the city, this hotel is better than Padma location wise (i've stayed there too) since it's smack dab city center. Go south and you meet the business, trade, and government center of bandung. Go north for the more leisurely parts with shopping centers, relaxing restaurants, and a stroll in ITB large and relatively car free campus,

Price? Yes, expensive for most hotel. But as i said with Padma, if you're going to pay good Padma, choose ones with pedigree.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Dear SendyFilemon,

Thank you very much for your great review and detail feedback of Hilton Bandung. I have noted your comment in regards to the Front Desk helpfulness and have shared this with the concerned Department Head in order to improve our guest services.

Despite the staff helpfulness, I am otherwise thrilled to see you enjoyed and had a memorable stay with us. The Team and I look forwar dto be able to welcome you back some time in the near future.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Nice well designed hotel lobby. Love it. Location is the heart of the city, close to airport and train station within walking distance. Restaurant is good with a variety of food for breakfast. Restaurant staff are nice with children.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Raymon W,

I would like to say thank you for your recent stay here at Hilton Bandung, and I am very glad that you were able to experience our authentic Hilton hospitality. I look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Hotel Hilton Bandung is excellent hotel. I was stayed there several time for business. Sometimes I bring my family too. We are enjoy to stay in Hilton, very good breakfast & swimmingpool. The room is clean and we slept well, bed is very good. We will stay there for next trip...

Dear Basuki R,

I would like to say thank you for your great review and feedback detail regarding our room, breakfast and swimming pool facilities. I am very thrilled to see you enjoyed and had a memorable stay with us.

I trully look forward to welcome you back to Hilton Bandung in teh near future.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I highly recommend anyone on a business trip staying at this hotel. The Executive Lounge is particularly good, the room is of high quality, has free internet/wifi access and is good value for money (though this is relative to the country where you're from).

Dear Fiona C,

Thank you for your great recommendation and detail feedback of Hilton Bandung. I am very please to see you enjoyed and had a memorable stay with us.

The Team and I look forward to be able to welcome you back to Hilton Bandug in the near future.