“Best Hotel In Town”

Ranked #9 of 231 Hotels in Bandung
Bogor, Indonesia
“Best Hotel In Town”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I really love Hilton Hotel. I think Hilton Bandung is one of the best hotel in Bandung or maybe it's the best. It got beautiful roof pool, and it's not small. It also got a nice gym in case you need to work out.
The room is gorgeous! The bed is so nice and the bathroom is really clean. You also get bathroom amenities from Peter Thomas Roth and they have a really nice tea and coffee in room. Beside that, the room is quite huge. By the way, I stayed in double kingsize bed room (i don't know the name. sorry ;'( )
The breakfast is also really really nice, it is a buffet dining.
Because this hotel located in bandung, so it got a little of traditional decoration. The staff is also friendly.
It also located in a heart of bandung, which is close to many places like culinary places or market and a mall.

Room Tip: Choose the pool view room.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear Monjune,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Bandung and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am pleased to see you enjoyed your overall stay with us and I hope to be able to welcome you back to Hilton Bandung some time in the near future.

Peer Norsell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 20, 2012

I have just returned from my visit to Bandung, Indonesia. I stayed at the Hilton Bandung. This stay was organized by my client so it wasn't of my choice. On my own I would have avoided the Hilton chain because of a previous issue. This experience turned out to be good.

I arrived early 11:45 am. Check in time was 2 PM. However, the reception was kind enough to put me on a wait list for the next room available. About an hour later, the receptionist told me that my room is ready. I am relieved and headed to my room. The security is pretty standard and that you had to swipe your key inside the elevator (lift) to access my floor. Soon I was in my room. It was a really large room and looked warm and comfortable. There wasn't much view from the room but facing the swimming pool below was a plus. Children with their families were really having a great time.

The first day breakfast was very efficient. I was there at 7 am. I was with my colleagues. Coffee was served quite fast and I got my own buffet breakfast. Food was standard and nothing exceptional. That said, it was a good breakfast.

The banquet staff that serviced our conference room was very attention and reacted swiftly to our needs. They quickly changed batteries of the cordless microphone when it didn't work. I have known of other hotels that will check and counter-check before making the change. This is a plus.

The second day breakfast was a bit slow. It was 9 am and there were already a large number of guests in the restaurant. The servers took a long time before asking for my beverage and it took quite a bit of time before my cup came. There were a number of chefs "people wearing the long white hats" standing around but too few servers. Most of the servers are busy cleaning table and bringing fried eggs to the tables.

Checkout was swift. I think it didn't even take more than 3 minutes. Another plus!

The one thing I am always disappointed with the Hilton chain is that they cannot provide free internet in the room. Most hotel chains do now. Some provides to the members, while others to every guests. They don't even provide free WiFi at the conference room. The only free internet is at the Lobby and near the swimming pool. This is a negative for me.

Overall it is a comfortable stay.

Room Tip: If you like pool view, make sure you ask for it. I was at the 9th floor and I did not hear any soun...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear KLCheah,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am pleased to note that you were happy with your overall experience, despite the breakfast service glitch. As a follow up to your comment our Food & Beverage team has reviewed our service to speed it up.

The Team and I look forward to be able to welcome you back sometime in the future to Hilton Bandung.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed May 20, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a conference. Got an executive twin-room, share it with one colleague.

The executive room is big! Since we ask twin room, they provide two queen bed. Comfortable ones, i must add.

But seeing previous reviews, i cannot say this is a perfect hotel for a family holiday. Its quite far from Bandung main touristic places and to find a taxi is a kind of homework.
So either you are ready to get lost with angkot routes (main transport vehicle) or better rent a car during your stay here.

This hotel is very near to the train station, so dont be surprised to hear train-horn all day.

Despite the uncomfortable location (for me), i gotta say Hilton is hiring best people. Everyone being so nice - from the doorman to the cleaning crew. They always smile and attentive to the guests.

If you happen to stay at Hilton executive room (or above), do try their executive lounge. On tea time (around 4pm-ish) until 8.30 pm, they provide free-flow wine (red and white) also tapas and Indonesian snacks. And you can see train railway with mountains behind. Quite beautiful sunset view.

All in all, it is a pleasant stay. Despite the location of course. :)

• Stayed May 2012
Dear Achiedz,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am pleased to note that you were happy with your overall experience, despite the location of the hotel.

I hope to be able to welcome you back sometime in near future.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed May 20, 2012

We stayed during our short visit in bandung for 2 nights. I can say my first impression was this hotel shud be one of heaven for photographers, their structure building and decoration were superb, nevertheless their accomodation. The pool was nice place to relax and enjoying the breakfast, you must try the spa too. Would sure to consider thishotel for next visit .

Room Tip: Please push the reception to give you room if they say that the room is not ready yet. Pse stick to...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Purbaningrum_sasmita,

Just want to thank you for your recent stay here at Hilton bandung! So glad you were able to experience our authentic Hilton Hospitality. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Plano, Texas
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Stayed here a few times during business trips. Since I am a gold Hilton Honors member, I always received an upgrade to Executive floor, surely it comes with the complimentary cozy lounge. The Executive room is not that much different compared to Deluxe room. In terms of size, it is probably identical. Hotel provides a few bottles of water in the room/bathroom. The bathroom in deluxe room is furnished by a table. The Executive room, however, has a bathtub and shower. The food at the restaurant next to the lobby is great. My experiences in having breakfast, lunch, and dinner were always positive. The restaurant have various dishes to choose for, so my craving can be satisfied. For nightlife, the location cannot be better. Walking distance from the hotel you can find night clubs, karaoke, and other entertainment.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank coolden
Dear Coolden,

Malaysia
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I stayed three nights at the Bandung Hilton, which opened in 2009 bringing a peaceful abode to this chaotic city. the traffic jams and weekend crowds of bandung can be a put-off for many, but having a classy refuge like the Hilton somehow makes it all bearable.

this hotel has wonderfully designed spacious rooms, with views all around of the sprawling city and the mountains on both sides. the pool on the 6th floor is splendid with a large fitness centre and outdoor function area.

the 5th floor spa is exceptional, and I spent a long time there... there are only 7 rooms and masseurs, so early bookings are required. but thoroughly worth it, those girls have strong hands!

the large restaurant is a pleasant place to eat and just sit around chatting, but the food is not all that great. I have had better. there is no real entertainment outlet in the hotel, and this is the first hilton i've stayed in without a japanese restaurant.

I particularly like the way water has been used in the design and architecture of the hotel... there is water everywhere!

the not so goods are: no free internet, and lousy cheap coffee served in the room and elsewhere.

otherwise, a nice stay and extremely friendly staff.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dear WorldCitizenMalaysia,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Bandung and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Your comment in regards to the free internet connection and coffee service is highly appreciated and will assist us in further upgrading our guest services and facilities.

I am otherwise pleased to see you enjoyed your overall stay with us and I hope to be able to welcome you back to Hilton Bandung some time in the near future.

Sincerely Yours.
Reviewed May 10, 2012 via mobile

Stayed four nights on my recent visit. I'd definitely recommend anyone visiting Bandung to stay in this hotel. Room was well furnished and well appointed. Staff at every encounter was friiendly with gracious smiles. I like the gym and the attendant who was paying attention to every detail and literally "attending" to customers needs. Only area to improve would be Internet connection. Luckily I had free wifi access in the executive lounge but otherwise it's inconvenien and expensive to be connected to Internet.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple