“Beautiful New Boutique Hotel in Bandung”

Grand Serela Setiabudhi
Ranked #61 of 230 Hotels in Bandung
Reviewed May 6, 2009

Actually my dad's client booked the hotel for us. We stayed there for a week in Bandung Grand Seriti Hotel. The hotel name itself sounded unfamiliar to us. With no expectation at all we went off to Bandung from Jakarta, just hoping for the best.

We found that Hotel Grand Seriti is a very brand new boutique hotel in bandung and we were glad to hear that. The room where we stayed was superb, good room facilities, very clean and neat, and also great tv-channel variety. The service was good, all hotel person (recepcionist, bell boy, porter, concierge, & waiter/waitress) were polite, kind, and adorable.

The minus thing we found in Grand Seriti was the noise sometimes become to noisy during day and night. We did not accused anybody or the hotel itself, with consideration that the hotel itself is located in a city surroundings, so maybe they can hardly live it.

The location itself which is Hegar Manah is a very strategic location. Not so far away you could found Cihampelas Road (famous for its Factory Outlet), Sukajadi Road (famous for its Parijs van Java Mall), and Cieumbeluit Road (near to Parahyangan University - for whom staying to visit their relatives whose studied there).

The room rates were considerable, and very common for this kind of hotel (4 stars boutique hotel). It takes only 700,000 Rupiahs / USD 65 for the cheapest room (Superior) to 2,000,000 Rupiahs / USD 190 (Grand suite). I definetly recomend this hotel for either family leisure trip or business trip. Enjoy your staying at Grand Seriti Boutique Hotel. ( ' ' ) V

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank mascorpina

Reviewed April 15, 2009

Okay were here during the last long weekend in March (Hindu -- Silent day). The hotel is brand new, but the service is not ready and quite poor. The karaoke is too loud and they don't give preference to family with children, they prefer to cater to the the young people that visit karaooke -- its loud and the smoke is just too much. (not to mentioned those ladies escort that move back from the hotel room to the karaoke lounge).
The price is too expensive, and they are trying to cater too much need into the same thing. This hotel doesn't work for us and many other family.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Dave_B7831xx
Reviewed February 27, 2009

We stayed at The Grand Seriti on 2 ocassions last December. On the first visit, we stayed at their deluxe room and the second visit we stayed at their Suite room.

On the first ocassion, everythings seems to be Ok, room is a bit small but the beds are comfortable, and the room design is modern.

On our second visit, we stayed on their suite room. The room was big, with a sofa and bigger LCD TV and comes with a working table on the corner. The batroom is nice with a standing shower and bath tub.
However, it's very difficult to ask someone to arrange an extra bed for our son. Call to the housekeeping and receptionist were unanswered so many times until finally someone answer it, but it took ages for them to come with the extra bed.
Then when they arrived with the extra bed, they didn't have the comforter with them as the hotel was full and they ran out of the comforter, so they only brought the cover (some call it quilt cover).
On the second day, the housekeeping did not put any towel for us.

Overall, room is nice with flat tv and modern design, breakfast at the restaurant is ok and the price is good value for money.
However, this hotel is good only to sleep and enjoy the room as it is, don't expect service here.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed January 28, 2009

It was just the five of us (ranging from 14 to 22 years old) who stayed in Grand Seriti for five (5) days. We fell in love with the hotel the moment we walked into the lobby. The receptionists were very pretty, it made a worthwhile stay for both of my brothers LOL.

In my opinion, Grand Seriti is very strategic. Having to travel without any parents around (am the eldest, took my siblings to Bandung last year, I was 21) made me settle for a strategic hotel and location. Next to it is a grocery store where you can just get your food supplies. Down the road is a 24 hours McDonalds. Right behind Grand Seriti which is only 5 minutes away is the glamorous Rumah Mode (we went to this factory outlet everyday just in case new stock arrives and we were lucky on the second last day, new stocks arrived and we couldn't resist it!). Down the road of Grand Seriti is where all the angkotan stops and picks up customers. Behind Grand Seriti is a bank, therefore if you're broke, the bank is only few steps away.

As for Grand Seriti itself, the room itself is very beautiful, flat screen TV mind you. The swimming pool is gorgeous. There's also a karaoke place at Lower Ground floor, the interior of the karaoke place is super sleek and sophisticated. My siblings and I had a great time singing and shouting LOL. There's also a Spa place, which was really really good. The breakfast served is delicious, food ranging from Western to Traditional.

I would definitely go back to Bandung and book a place in Grand Seriti again. The place and everything there is beautiful! Don't forget to drink the Strawberry juice!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed January 22, 2009

To set the scene, I stayed at Holiday Inn for two nights before moving to Seriti. The rates was better and room much nicer than Holiday Inn. I went directly to the hotel and got a rate for a suite of 130000 IDR per night including breakfast. Weekend rate went to 150000 IDR. The hotel is on a pretty quiet road near Rumah Moda outlet, its a pretty good location as there is a supermarket just a few steps away and a few food stalls at the bottom of the hill.
The room was clean and modern, beautiful bathroom and furnishings. The suites are evidently all different but the staff was accomodating in letting me see a few of them. I chose room 308 which is a corner and quite nice (in the building without the karaoke). Hot water was surging from cool to hot in the shower...not so good.
Service needs improvement. The staff is all new and it seems they were bored when I was there. The first two days, they constantly called my room to see if I wanted tea, or breakfast or massage. I was annoyed when they called and woke me to see if I wanted breakfast. I spoke to them twice about it and they finally got the picture.
Housekeeping was a bit spotty too. Somedays they refreshed the coffee somedays not. After a long day on the road and a trip to JKT, i really wanted a shower. I got to the room and showered only to have the towel so smelly that i had to shower again. They also are reluctant to replace the toilet paper until its gone...no spare... Some mornings the houskeeping in the room next door was so loud I couldn't sleep.
The restaurant next door had drinks but I was appalled when the price of red wine went from 280000 IDR per bottle to 220000 IDR per glass.
The hotel is not frequented by taxis so you need to plan ahead a bit. best to just rent a car and driver for the day. The hotel can arrange for 600000 IDR per 12 hours all inclusive or you can shop around on your own and find for about half of that.
Overall its a nice property, probably not number one in bandung but nice. I spoke with the assistant manager to make these recommedations and he was receptive. When I come back to Bandung I will consider Grand Seriti but honestly I am not convinced.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed January 9, 2009

We stayed at this hotel during New Year holidays. There are a new facility, Karaoke, just added to this hotel and a pub with live music at night just next to the swimming pool on ground floor.

It probably would be fun for whom would like to have loud music, but it was not fun at all for us who just needed to have good sleep during the night.

New hotel and fine food, but after Karaoke added....I will not stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank LivingRelax
Reviewed December 30, 2008

I was recommended by a friend just got back from Bandung to stay at this new hotel. I booked the hotel room a few months back thru their hotel website for a 6 days stay. The hotel is located at a housing area and environment is quiet. Staff are pleasant and helpful. There was a supermarket nearby and a few factory outlet and amongst the best being Rumah Mode. I found out there is a good restaurant within walking distance i.e. Dapur Sangkuriang (good for those who aspire to try a traditional and authentic sundanese food). Breakfast is served the oriental style and with assorted variety. But if you were to stay for 6 days, you may feel bored of the same food and perhaps like to have a Bakso Malang out there....

My only unpleasant experience is the carpet in the room. For those who are allergic to dust and athmatic patient like me will probably find it irritating to the nose....

Overall, it is a nice hotel and convenience place for shopping.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family