“A wonderful stay in Bandung”

Grand Serela Setiabudhi
Ranked #58 of 231 Hotels in Bandung
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I came back again to this hotel,
This time i've stay at Grand Deluxe Room at 3th floor - Wing B. A large room, with large bed, a nice sofa, big lcd TV and bath Tub. What a perfect combination. I stay for 4 days 3 night, and I really-really enjoy my night in this hotel.

So, I want to share my experience in this hotel from 3 aspects.

1. Location
Since it was my 4th time I stayed in this hotel, So, I knew a lot of great places to go from this hotel. This time I'm not bring my car's, but it's easy to go to anywhere from this hotel. You just walking down the street from the hotel, and used public transportation which is called angkot. A minibus which can take anywhere you want to go. Or using taxi. I used angkot to have dinner and watching world cup 2014 match at Cihampelas Walk and went to. Kartika Sari Dago to buy some brownies and cookies for my family.

Once more, near the hotel there was a supermarket, so, If you have a long night to stay and want to buy some snack or drinks you can go here. Not just supermarket, they have a food court too If you want to try some great food from Bandung.

2. Room
The room was perfectly great. After I did my training in the class, I just go to my room then have a rest. Bring down my body to the nice and large bed, turn ON the tv and have a great time there. And my room was near the lift, so I don't have to walk to far if I want to go somewhere.

3. Food
I really enjoy my meal in this hotel. I enjoy my breakfast, lunch and dinner here, so, I don't have to go out to find another food. Because, Grand Serela gave me a lot options to eat. O yeah, i enjoyed my lunch with Ikan Asin&sambal! Wow, I feel like home when I eat that. And I like their fried rice too.

Like some quote on Ratatouille movie that. I remember, "Surprised me...." , that was my feeling with their food.

Finally, I really-really want to say many thanks for my unforgettable nights in this hotel. Thanks for the nice and very helpful staff, thanks for the great food and thanks to make me feel homy.

Room Tip: A high floor maybe nice spot to stay, near the lift so you can go to restaurant nearly, and pool/mou...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank WinduRadityo
SuciHatiSerelaHotel, General Manager at Grand Serela Setiabudhi, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Dear, Mr. Windu Radityo
Warm Greeting from Grand Serela Setiabudhi Hotel Bandung!

Firstly we would like say thank you, and we are very pleased to hear that you have had an enjoyable staying experience at Grand Serela Setiabudhi Bandung.

it's a pleasure also to know that you’ve had such a lovely time at our hotel, enjoying Hotel facilities and our hospitality. I am also delighted that you particularly satisfied with the services rendered from our management and staff.

On behalf of all staff here, I look forward to the next opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future

Reviewed June 19, 2014

I must say that i'm so impressed with their warmth n freindly service from the doorman to the ground area of the hotel staff. Their front desk staff is extremely helpful n prompt in providing service to guest. Check in n check out is smooth n sleek.Will definitely recommend to friends n relatives.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Azrine T
SuciHatiSerelaHotel, General Manager at Grand Serela Setiabudhi, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2014

Dear, Mr. Azrine T

Reviewed June 14, 2014

This is my 2nd time staying at this hotel, and they never failed me and my family. We always stay at Kagum hotels whenever we come to Bandung. Spacious room and comfy beds, wide variety of food especially for those who wants to try out Indonesian cuisine, swimming pool is very clean and most important is their service and very friendly and helpful staffs. Thank you Chef Sutarso and team for your warmth and kind hospitality, recommended!

Room Tip: Go for their suites, super comfy beds and linens, spacious.
1  Thank Muhammad N
SuciHatiSerelaHotel, General Manager at Grand Serela Setiabudhi, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2014

Dear, Mr. Muhamad

Warm Greeting from Grand Serela Setiabudhi Hotel Bandung.

First of all we would like say thank you, and we are very pleased to hear that you have had an enjoyable staying experience at Grand Serela Setiabudhi Bandung.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

My mum and i stayed in this hotel recently. It was my second stay with this hotel. The service and the hospitality of the hotel are top notch. I booked my hotel few weeks ago online and contacted the hotel for transportation. The hotel, thru their manager, Mr Agin, arranged for complimentry pickup from the airport to the hotel for us. The next day, he helped to arrange for a half day trip to Tangkuban Perahu. Our driver, Abdullah, is from the hotel and he is very helpful and courteous. In fact, everyone in the hotel are nice to us. Breakfast buffet was another plus point for this hotel. However, service in Smara Spa needs to be improved. Booked 90mins session for two, but the session lasted short of 60mins. The whole session was rushed and the masseurs skills' are lacking, much to our disappointment. In all, thumbs up to this hotel, could be better if the spa can be improved.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
SuciHatiSerelaHotel, Manajer Umum at Grand Serela Setiabudhi, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2014

Warm Greeting from Grand Serela Setiabudhi Hotel Bandung!

Firstly we would like say thank you for your visiting our hotel and have taken time to write your review at TripAdvisor, and we are very pleased to hear that you have had an enjoyable staying experience at Grand Serela Setiabudhi Bandung.

Once again thank you, we are waiting your next visit

Best Regards

Reviewed June 10, 2014

This was our second stay in this hotel from 29 May until 2 June 2014. There are 5 reasons for us to stay in this hotel.
1. The hotel atmosphere was very cozy and very relaxing,
2. The staffs servicing mannerism were excellent,
3. The quality and varieties of food especially for breakfast,
4. The room was clean and housekeeping staffs were efficient and
5. The hotel facilities were good and nearby to factory outlets
It’s really worth staying here and they have secured our booking for our next family vacation to Bandung. Keep it up!

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms for families or honeymooners...cozy and sexy!
1  Thank Zackab
SuciHatiSerelaHotel, General Manager at Grand Serela Setiabudhi, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Dear, Mr. Zackab

thank you for choosing Grand Serela Setiabudhi as your place to stay in Bandung, and for taking time to share your review experience when you stayed at our hotel, we are very glad and appreciate to heard that you are enjoy staying at our hotel, it become our spirit to increase our quality of service.

once again thank you and we are waiting your next visit,

Best Regards

Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

We stay in the Grand Serela Hotel during 24 May 2014 until 25 May 2014.
The service and the hospitality are superb. Especially for the manager Mr. Agin, He is so friendly and helpful. This hotel has a comfort room and we feel like staying at home.
Very recomended place to stay in Bandung.

Cheers.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Syerwin D
SuciHatiSerelaHotel, General Manager at Grand Serela Setiabudhi, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Dear, Mr. Sherwin

Reviewed May 14, 2014

I stayed here during idul fitri 2013. The hotel is kind of worn out, You can look at the room'c fixture and furniture.

The place is short of parking spot, but manageable.

Near the famous rumah mode although you must walk around 15 to 20 minutes if you brought along your kids.

Near supermarket, mcdonalds, and food court.

still ok but can be better

Room Tip: not all room with windows, rooms without windows can be smelly.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
SuciHatiSerelaHotel, General Manager at Grand Serela Setiabudhi, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Dear, Mr Franculio

Warm Greeting from Grand Serela Setiabudhi

First of all we would like say thank you for spending your time to sharing your experience stay at our hotel. According with your comment that our room fixture and furniture were worn out it is maybe last time ago because you stay about last year ago but now we have done progress for renovating and change our room furniture, but we also would like say thank because your review comment become our spirit to make our service better.

Once again, thank you for staying at Grand Serela Setiabudhi. We look forward to your next visit in the near future.