“Good service”

Ranked #58 of 231 Hotels in Bandung
Singapore, Singapore
“Good service”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Stayed at Grand Serela with my husband and friends. It has great service. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. On the third morning, we were also surprised by a birthday cake for my husband as it was his birthday, organised by Mr Tata and his colleague.
The location is also quite convenient, getting to the various factory outlets nearby. We also had a free airport transfer to and fro, making it easy for us, first-time travellers to Bandung.

To be fair, however, there were some problem initially (e.g. no fridge?! and no bath towels?! on the second day). When we called the lobby, the things got done very quickly - the fridge was installed immediately and the bath towels were sent up.

All in all, I wouldn't mind staying at the same place again.

- On behalf of Aylwin (because he doesn't have a tripadvisor account).

Room Tip: There are some rooms with doors in the room connecting to the adjacent room. Be sure to ask if you w...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
SuciHatiSerelaHotel, General Manager at Grand Serela Setiabudhi, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Mrs. Aryssa

Warmest Greetings From Grand Serela Setiabudhi Bandung

Thank you for your valuable review Grand Serela Setiabudhi in TripAdvisor , It Great to know that you are enjoy your vacation and its our honor to give the best service to you and your husband, with our expectation to make all our customer happy and memorable one and Great to hear you are the one

I have shared your kind comments to Mr. Tata as a Front Office Manager and Taufan as GRO as a best sample for KAGUM People (staffs),and they are delighted to hear that.

we would like to big apologize also according facilities in your room we will concern to follow up and had been communicates to my operations Team to ensure better service in future.

On behalf of all staff here, I look forward to the next opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future

Sincerely Yours,

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I was arrive at the hotel at 3PM this afternoon. My first impression was not so good as unfortunately I have to wait for 1 hour before the room is ready. And then, when am taking a bath, I just realise that there is no towel prepared, and I have to wait for another 30 minute! No toothbrush. No bath mat. The staff said will bring the mat for me, but they never show up till now (10PM). And the worst thing, no refrigerator as advertised on web, this is very bad as I need to refrigerate my baby's food. In addition to that, My daughter complaining the internet connection and 'hot' water for bathub that is not hot at all :-). So, to other travelers please check carefully before deal with this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014
SuciHatiSerelaHotel, General Manager at Grand Serela Setiabudhi, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Dear Mrs. Shanty

Warmest regards from Grand Serela Setiabudhi Bandung..

we would like to express our apologize deep in our heart for your inconvenience during your your stayed it was not meet your expectation
process check in services, towel and amenities and in our room facilities.
we will directly follow up this issue to all our department in charge and make sure it will not happened again in the future.

once again my apologized for inconvenience situation and please don't hesitate to let me know your future visit to Bandung on my personal number; +62081221610877

Bogor
Reviewed March 19, 2014

This is my second time stayed in Grand Serela Hotel Bandung, the second doesnt mean bored. It mean unforgetable moments in Grand Serela Setiabudhi. I looking forward to stay again in Grand Serela, because the services are excellent and location not far to shopping place ,rumah mode and dago street , my girlfriend are very happy to stay and shopping to rumah mode, the second time checked in yesterday at march 18, 2014 at room 206. And also the kind front office manager Mr. tata he's a nice person, he's friendly since we came . And also Melisa from GRO that keep helping me since first time i checked in, he is very nice person and funny also. All of staff in Grand Serela Setiabudhi Hotel Bandung treat me such they bestfriend. Thank you we will return for next time.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Basyarahst
SuciHatiSerelaHotel, General Manager at Grand Serela Setiabudhi, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Mr. Basyarahst

Greetings from Grand Serela Setiabudhi Hotel Bandung!

I am pleased to hear that you have had an enjoyable stay and that we contributed, to making your experience at Grand Serela Setiabudhi Bandung a pleasant and memorable one,we are very happy know that you are enjoy your bussniss and vacation and its our honor to give the best service to you and your family.
t's a pleasure also to know that you’ve had such a lovely time at our hotel, enjoying Hotel facilities and our hospitality. I am also delighted that you particularly satisfied with the services rendered from our management and staff.

it is true we are very strategically located not too far from the tourist attractions in Bandung.yes our hotel near by umah mode and dago street , pizza hut, mc donald and setiabudi supermarket ,cihampelas factory outlet and any places tourism at dago or setiabudhi area

Best regards

Bogor, Jawa Barat, Indonesia
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Many times to say thank you that I have been stay in grand serela with full of hospitality.
Services was good, price is better, near to factory outlet and mall also.
Due I'm from bandung, it feels like I'm back to my childhood, but now I'm in overseas...

Dear Mr. Andhika

Warmest regards from Grand Serela Setiabudhi Bandung..

First of all we would like to say thank you for choosing Grand Serela Setiabudhi Bandung to stay at the flower city Bandung.

We are happy that you feel satisfied with our service and we pleased to see you enjoyed your overall stay with us and I hope to be able to welcome you back to Grand Serela Setiabudhi some time in the near future.

Bandung, Indonesia
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Service is excellence, they all are very friendly staff and helpful and polite. The room is cozy and spacious. 4 star hotel at 2 star price, highly recommended. Must visit. Near Rumah mode, a Factory Outlet store,. We're really enjoying our stay in this hotel, fair price with excellent service. I will recommend this hotel to my colleague.

• Stayed March 2014
SuciHatiSerelaHotel, General Manager at Grand Serela Setiabudhi, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Wolfcrust

Greetings from Grand Serela Setiabudhi Hotel Bandung!

I am pleased to hear that you have had an enjoyable stay and that we contributed, to making your experience at Grand Serela Setiabudhi Bandung a pleasant and memorable one,we are very happy know that you are enjoy your vacation and its our honor to give the best service to you and your family.

it is true we are very strategically located not too far from the tourist attractions in Bandung.yes our hotel near by Rumah mode , pizza hut, Mc Donald and setiabudi supermarket ,Cihampelas factory outlet and any places tourism at dago or Setiabudhi area

Best regards

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Checked in on 4th March 2014 for 4 days 3 nights stay, the moment arrived at the hotel, the GRO stand on top of the lobby staircase he saw us carried the luggage out from the taxi. After I lifted to the staircase, the useless Guest Relationship Officer (GRO) said may I help you? Absolutely useless GRO services we never ever encounter.
After checked in he was mentioned he is the hotel GRO, I was shocked and surprised the hotel could employed such a bad reputation GRO. GRO suppose to build a relationship between the hotel guest and the hotel, but he is useless.
We was notice that, the spa are not available after checked in, but on the hotel website has written all the facilities, included Spa and Sauna, this is the main reason to attacked us to booked on this hotel.
We went to the lobby, we asked the GRO, why the hotel website are misleading to the guest and mentioned all the facilities available? He not even answer our questions, worsen is he had black listed us on our entire stay in the hotel. During the breakfast, he not even says good morning or come to explained to us or even an apologized. We walked through to the restaurant counter, he look at us like a strangers, not even a single smile. What a joke!!
We never ever seen such a useless GRO in our life, we are frequent traveler, checked in many hotels, from 5 star butlers services to 2 stars hotels, we met and spoke to many hotel staffs, managers and General Manager about the good services, but we never encounter this hotel are ignore and avoid the guest complaint.
We also informed the hotel mentioned the shower was flooded every time we have shower. But not even a reply or action taken.
Therefore, you have any complaint if you stay in this hotel, be careful the entire hotel staffs and the hotel management could be black listed you.
The receptionist always asked the guests to put a good review and good comment, therefore the hotel can have a better stars rating from Trip advisor, but their had forgotten the most important things is Customer Care and good Service, the hotel has forgotten the basic rules and regulations to provided a basic services to the hotel guest, therefore why should we give them a good rating in order to let others guest sufferings?
Overall, the hotel and the management doesn't care your complaint and ignore your comment, once you has made a complaint, you will be black listed by the GRO and the restaurant staffs, very disappointed that the hotel could provided such a services to the guests.
The receptionist offered better service than the GRO counter staff. Good selection on breakfast.
Think about it before you check in. Book accordingly, we booked a deluxe but get a standard room.

Room Tip: If you walk to the Setiabudhi supermarket, you can walk through to the basement go to another factor...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lucas9620
SuciHatiSerelaHotel, General Manager at Grand Serela Setiabudhi, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
March 10th , 2014

Dear Mr.Lucas

Warmest regards from Grand Serela Setiabudhi Bandung..

We would like to apologize deep during your stayed it was not meet your expectation according to you felt that our staff GRO and restaurant staff didn't served you better. We will find out why it happened and we promise we will give more attention to this case we will train again our staff so this case will not happen in the future.

we would like to big apologize also according facilities spa in our hotel, actual we have little renovation and re brand our therapies spa in our hotel and we not yet update notification in advertise at the moment. our management will concern to provide spa facilities soon as possible

once again my apologize for inconvenience situation and please don't hesitate to let me know your future visit to Bandung on my personal number; +6281221610877.

thank you for your visit and comment we truly appreciated it will be motivation for us to improve our quality of service.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed February 28, 2014

stayed here for a night on Jan 30th, 2014. average 3 stars hotel. clean, friendly front desk. there is a few cafe, restaurant and a supermarket near by. a wide range of breakfast for 3 stars hotel (western and eastern food).

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank yuliakusuma
Dear, Mrs Yulia kusuma

First of all we would like to say thank you for your visit to our hotel and your review comment on tripadvisor, we are glad that you judging to our hotel clean and have friendly staff. and with this response we would like to confirm that we are 4 star hotel. once again we would like to say thank we wish you will visit again to our hotel next time.