“Interesting Museum”

37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Interesting Museum”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Overall this would bore children to death. It is about a most interesting conference that was held several decades ago. The hall is still occasionally used. I was able to take many photographs in their although others said it was not allowed. I saw no signs to the contrary. The building is interesting architecturally. To me it is an interesting piece of the history of this amazing country. and Unfortunate, that this kind of conference is not an ongoing thing.

2 Thank RobertWorldWanderer

• Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Jakarta, Indonesia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Greatest Museum in Bandung”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

This building actually is Asia Africa Confrence but already convert as a museum. The light is great, the house keeping is good but one aspect that let me down...you can not take a photograph in museum.

I don't know what is their reason but it will be more wonderful if we can take a photo anywhere.

Am I right?

2 Thank resa_anasto
Padang, Indonesia
81 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“The Historical Building”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

It's around jalan Braga. When I went there it's closed. So, I only saw it from outside. So far, I am happy can see a building that is witness of the world history, between Asia and Africa

Visited December 2012
Kuala Lumpur
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“New Stuff To Learn About”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Free entrance, helpful and knowledgeable staff. If you are one of those who like to go to museum and read historical thingy, make this as one of you-must-go place. ;)

Nikiski, Alaska
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Great history of a hopeful time”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Let's be honest, considering the quality of some of the SEA museums I've seen, I didn't have very high expectations for this - oh how wrong I was!

The museum exceeded my expectations. Clean, great pictures and artifacts, great info explained well in Indonesian and English. A good video explaining the event. A chance to see the actual conference room. The building itself is interesting and lovely. I especially loved the old photos!

Such an interesting and inspiring piece of Indonesian history! I'm proud of Bandung for hosting it!

Bonus: Walk across the street to the lovely OCBC bank building to read a wall-side plaque in English/Indo about it's interesting history, beginning in the early 20th century.